Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would I be interested in an open source release of MultiMorphic Wizard Pinball Trainer? ”

• Yes 19 votes
      70%
    • No 0 votes
    • I don’t know how to code but I’m still interested 8 votes
      30%

(27 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16271763751058557600612691309627 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Just saw something about this “Wizard! pinball Trainer” on an old video from TPF

Is this something that can be made available? I would love to have this to help guests understand how to play better. Looks like it has several tutorials to help you understand how to cradle
    the ball, do catches, etc.

#2 2 years ago

WoW this is cool! Need this on my p3 also

Lets ask gstellenberg

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

WoW this is cool! Need this on my p3 also
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"eb25d82892c276b3534e723ee00343c115500833-1627042027-1800"};
    //]]>

Lets ask gstellenberg

I have a feeling he will be here soon..

#4 2 years ago

We showed an early version of "Wizard" at a couple of TPFs a few years back, but there wasn't enough interest for our small team to focus on that instead of new games. So we put it on the back-burner. With P3 sales increasing significantly over the course of the last couple of years, we've gotten some new interest in it, but it's not currently on our dev roadmap. We're strongly considering open-sourcing it and letting the community get their hands on the code. Thoughts?

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#5 2 years ago

gstellenberg how much money is needed to finish the code? Maybe we can all chip in like go fund me so you guys can write te code faster ?

#6 2 years ago

Thank you for offering to spearhead that, but it's not a matter of money. It's about us executing our current plans and achieving specific goals and progress, and as I've said elsewhere, the things we plan to release in the near future are going to completely change the dialogue around the P3.

The best path to Wizard being released in the foreseeable future is open-source. It could still become available on the webstore after going open source; we'd just need to have a dialogue with whichever developers get it there so everybody is treated fairly. Win-win-win (Community devs, P3 owners, Multimorphic).

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#7 2 years ago

Understand . Thank you for the answers. Now hope that there is someone that can finish it open source

#8 2 years ago

Having an open source application (aside from the sample application in the SDK) would be helpful for new third party developers.

While the sample application can be built, having an app like this available to "play" on the physical P3 might allow for some new devs to be able to see how certain actions can be completed within the framework more readily.

It's a very compelling idea.

I also think the app has a lot of promise for new and existing players to learn/practice some simple skills outside of the context of a traditional game (with goals that require said skills but are separate from those goals, if that makes sense).

#9 2 years ago

I’m not sure whether or not this would be a good project to start P3 development with, but with previous dev efforts it does help me learn if there’s something to work with instead of starting from scratch. This seems maybe a bit further along (maybe?) than the sample app, so that’s interesting.

#10 2 years ago

This was something I was really interested in. Would be great to let me wife practice shots.

#11 2 years ago

I always felt Wizard Trainer was a brilliant idea for the P3. A home user has real incentive to get better and a dedicated practice game can focus in on any skill the user wants to learn.

You can't get the kind of focused training Wizard Trainer offers anywhere right now.

Open it up and the community can write practice games for every playfield module.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Open it up and the community can write practice games for every playfield module.

That's also a great idea - since P3 games can now support every playfield module, it would likely be best to update with that approach in mind (which would also help with the educational aspect).

#13 2 years ago

Bump after adding poll

#14 2 years ago

Bump because More multimorphic is always better

#15 2 years ago

I voted that I don't know how to code but I'm still interested. Looks like a fun training app, would be cool to see it work on other modules besides Cannon Lagoon, too.

#16 2 years ago

I always wanted an updated version of this book. Using the p3 platform to implement it would be amazing!

16271763751058557600612691309627 (resized).jpg16271763751058557600612691309627 (resized).jpg
    #17 2 years ago
    Quoted from battletoadsfan:

I always wanted an updated version of this book. Using the p3 platform to implement it would be amazing!
    [quoted image]

All right!! Maybe phase 2?! I need a copy of that…

#18 2 years ago

Very cool idea.. I'm down. I'm working on setting up a Hombrew bare bones system

#19 2 years ago

Yup! I like this

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from battletoadsfan:

[quoted image]

In case you missed this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.