Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2523 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0939 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0935 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0938 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0934 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Not sure if this exist? Or if it is frowned upon ?Not sure why it would be but who knows? I wanted to put together a thread For people who has grown tired of their machine or people who's machine should be rotated on route. If you have a game that you want to trade with another pinside member please post the game you have and certain games you may be willing to trade for. This is not a sale. There will be no money exchanged between members. Some feel they may get a better end of the deal where others think that it was perfectly Fair. I repeat No money offered period. Game for Game that's how this should be handled. If you have a game please post the picture and a description of its condition and what you may want in trade.

Operators can use this as well. If you have a game that has been in a location for a while and you do not want to spend the money on a new game just trade it with another member. Game for Game.

Private owners can play a game in their home and when it starts getting old to them trade it out for another game from another member with a similar problem. Old to you is not old to them.

Please NO Money exchanges this is not a sale.
    Thank you,

#2 6 years ago

There is a trade only option for market place adds. People will have a lot better luck getting a trade going that route.

#3 6 years ago

I felt this would be the proper form for a lot of people that even have the slightest bit of Interest in trading one or a few of their games. People can scroll through the history and see at any time what games were in discussion. Thank you very much for informing me on other methods.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I repeat No money offered period. Game for Game that's how this should be handled.

I am tired of my Shadow, trade me your gb premium or woz. No cash on top makes this a no brainer for me!

I do not see how this would work. Will be hard to find an even and fair trade.

#5 6 years ago

This sounds much easier than keyword searching through the marketplace or regional for sale threads. Nice one!

#6 6 years ago

I appreciate your contribution. I'm sure others will take it under advisement. Perhaps if you have a MM that you have played for a while and now want a MB or FAM. Would be more in line with what I was thinking. How about if someone had a GOT and they wanted a GB perhaps that is a good example as well.

#7 6 years ago

I feel it would not be that bad. I for one would like to look through a thread and see if someone has a game that I might be more interested in playing and if I have a game collecting dust in my collection that is on there want list. Why not.

Let's try to handle our selves more professional than the last thread.
    But again thank you for contributing your comment.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I feel it would not be that bad. I for one would like to look through a thread and see if someone has a game that I might be more interested in playing and if I have a game collecting dust in my collection that is on there want list. Why not.
    Let's try to handle our selves more professional than the last thread.
    But again thank you for contributing your comment.

I still think it is not very realistic to trade 1 game for another with no cash changing hands. Sure my example was a bit extreme but what would I be able to trade my Shadow for then? Seems JM comes up often but Shadow is worth a good bit more than JM. Could say Congo but even that is $400 off. Of course condition rules here and my prices were based on the pinside estimates.

#9 6 years ago

I do not see this working out and I have been succsesfully trading pins and arcades for 12 years. Location, condition, value... All of those things have to match up for me, not just "I don't want to play this game any longer and want something different."

If anyone wants to trade me a Radical! for my Taxi, let me know.

#10 6 years ago

find a better way to boost your profile than a thread for trades when they have a feature on Pinside to do just that.
    perhaps start 50+ threads for trades in each State / so people can avoid shipping charges too that would boost your ratings big time

#11 6 years ago

I pretty much only trade my pins so here goes.
    I have a Custom Pinball Refinery Metallica pro pinball
    Machine.

Im looking to trade it for Attack from Mars, Tales of Arabian Nights or Monster bash.
    My pin comes with the following mods.
    Hooked intergrated spinners
    Mirror blades
    Sparky Lcd Mod
    All armour powder coated lolipop purple
    Red translucent apron with interactive led lighting
    Led custom backbox lighting with game play
    Underneath cab led lighting with gameplay
    Chrome flipper bats and buttons
    Chrome shooter housing
    Mantis mystery hole protector
    Cliffy shooter lane protector plus mylar.
    Pinbits plastic protectors
    Sparky airball plastic
    Sparky el wire mod
    Lasserific crosses
    Mezel snake fangs and tongue decal
    Mezel flashing cemetary Arch
    Color matched non ghosting Leds in inserts
    Leds in Gi mixture of coolwhite and mixed color
    Flipper Fidelity speakers
    Lighted speaker inserts
    Shaker motor
    Color Dmd
    Coffin Decal
    Game is perfect in every way.
    First run so no insert ghosting. Playfield and Cab are perfect very low plays. You wont find a nicer example.

IMG_0934 (resized).JPGIMG_0934 (resized).JPG

IMG_0938 (resized).JPGIMG_0938 (resized).JPG

IMG_0935 (resized).JPGIMG_0935 (resized).JPG

IMG_0939 (resized).JPGIMG_0939 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

I have a HUO loaded TWD pro in Goshen,NY . It has Color DMD, shaker, pin blades, FF speaker upgrade, Woodbury sign, color LEDs added, and fish tank. I'm looking to trade for a fully restored Bally Kiss. If you are in the NY area let me know. Thanks

IMG_2523 (resized).JPGIMG_2523 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

Where's waspinat0r When you need him? He's the expert at trades!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Where's waspinat0r When you need him? He's the expert at trades!

You rang? :>

I'm looking for Data East/Sega games (Or Metallica/TWD. )

#15 6 years ago

Happy Trading!

#16 6 years ago

lol/ happy happy !!! Downvote this one too Jonathan !

#17 6 years ago

Getting really tired of these people. Pinside is for everyone. If you don't like the thread. Please do not read it. If you do not have anything to contribute please stay away. People are trying to have fun with the hobby.

#18 6 years ago

I have an F14 that I'm looking to trade that's in really nice shape for another system 11 or a slightly newer DMD. Full leds and plays awesome. Details and photos can be exchanged if a trade is offered.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Getting really tired of these people. Pinside is for everyone. If you don't like the thread. Please do not read it. If you do not have anything to contribute please stay away. People are trying to have fun with the hobby.

I contributed and yet you down voted me because you didn't like it. Wasnt being a jerk, just pointing out that there's a trade option in the market place which gives you a ton more exposure. It allows people to easily search a game and see if any are for trade or sale. It's also not realistic that trades are going to be even and no cash will be needed to balance it.

Pinside is an open forum which means everyone can read and respond as they like. It's not custom made for only what you want.

#20 6 years ago

Jgentry. My apologies you are correct I should not have down voted you. I will retract it. I just did not want the entire thread to get negative and way off topic.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I pretty much only trade my pins so here goes.
    I have a Custom Pinball Refinery Metallica pro pinball
    Machine.
    Im looking to trade it for Attack from Mars, Tales of Arabian Nights or Monster bash.
    My pin comes with the following mods.
    Hooked intergrated spinners
    Mirror blades
    Sparky Lcd Mod
    All armour powder coated lolipop purple
    Red translucent apron with interactive led lighting
    Led custom backbox lighting with game play
    Underneath cab led lighting with gameplay
    Chrome flipper bats and buttons
    Chrome shooter housing
    Mantis mystery hole protector
    Cliffy shooter lane protector plus mylar.
    Pinbits plastic protectors
    Sparky airball plastic
    Sparky el wire mod
    Lasserific crosses
    Mezel snake fangs and tongue decal
    Mezel flashing cemetary Arch
    Color matched non ghosting Leds in inserts
    Leds in Gi mixture of coolwhite and mixed color
    Flipper Fidelity speakers
    Lighted speaker inserts
    Shaker motor
    Color Dmd
    Coffin Decal
    Game is perfect in every way.
    First run so no insert ghosting. Playfield and Cab are perfect very low plays. You wont find a nicer example.

Feel free to come pay me a visit and bring your Metallica - I'd trade it for my TotAN!

#22 6 years ago

Machine - For Trade
    Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Looking to trade my Transformers Pro for something in the price range +/- cash. Game has Comet Twin SMD bulbs throughout and PerfectPlay rubbers. Has some decal wrinkling around th...”
    2017-09-25
    Lombard, IL
    Trade
    Archived after: 18 days
    Viewed: 1319 times

Interested in Congo, Ghostbusters Pro, Godzilla, The Shadow, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park +/- cash. Open to other games as well.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Feel free to come pay me a visit and bring your Metallica - I'd trade it for my TotAN!

Would love to visit your beautiful country! If i ever book my dream vacation i will look you up. Same goes for you if ever your in the napa valley i would hook you up with our best wineries!
    Harley D.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Jgentry. My apologies you are correct I should not have down voted you. I will retract it. I just did not want the entire thread to get negative and way off topic.

If this thread helps a few people find some trades then that is awesome. You never know until you try. I just thought maybe you were not aware of the market place trade option.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

If this thread helps a few people find some trades then that is awesome.

No problem my friend. All in good fun.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I still think it is not very realistic to trade 1 game for another with no cash changing hands. Sure my example was a bit extreme but what would I be able to trade my Shadow for then? Seems JM comes up often but Shadow is worth a good bit more than JM. Could say Congo but even that is $400 off. Of course condition rules here and my prices were based on the pinside estimates.

I have traded many games this way.
    Remember... There are costs incurred to pick up and drop off a game as well. As well as your time. So your $400 off goes out the window. Would you waste a whole day of travel to get that $400. - your gas. And food etc etc.

Or would you trade even if it was dropped off at your door and the other pin was picked up.

In fact I traded my BOP, pinbot and bk2000 for a totan. Because the person drove 12hrs round trip and dropped it off at my door. And picked the pins up.
    Totally worth it. Time is money. Sure I could have sold the pins I had. Then tried to find a Totan somewhere for sale eventually for a reasonable price. (Hard around here)Then had to go get it.
    Spent money on gas. Had to bring a friend to help move them. Bought lunch for the two of us.

This way I got what game I wanted. And made someone else happy they got pins they wanted.
    Without having to do all the leg work.
    Or spending a cent.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Would love to visit your beautiful country! If i ever book my dream vacation i will look you up. Same goes for you if ever your in the napa valley i would hook you up with our best wineries!
    Harley D.

That's a deal!

#28 6 years ago

Logistics is usually the number one thing that kills all deals. It seems like this would be alot easier if dealing locally. Again who knows if a few people are able to make a deal mission accomplished.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

i know a lot of people in your country. None with pinball machines. If you ever get into SE florida , you are welcome to come over and play pins here. Not sure why you would trade away your Totan unless you are short on cash / But Metallica is my #1 pin on my top 10 list so understandable.
    Only Negative Downvoters need not apply/ Keep away !! Have Fun /play more pinball

#30 6 years ago

Well I have shadow for trade. The only thing I am interested in that is near the same value is NGG. If someone wants to make the trade let's do it.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

I have traded many games this way.
    Remember... There are costs incurred to pick up and drop off a game as well. As well as your time. So your $400 off goes out the window. Would you waste a whole day of travel to get that $400. - your gas. And food etc etc.
    Or would you trade even if it was dropped off at your door and the other pin was picked up.
    In fact I traded my BOP, pinbot and bk2000 for a totan. Because the person drove 12hrs round trip and dropped it off at my door. And picked the pins up.
    Totally worth it. Time is money. Sure I could have sold the pins I had. Then tried to find a Totan somewhere for sale eventually for a reasonable price. (Hard around here)Then had to go get it.
    Spent money on gas. Had to bring a friend to help move them. Bought lunch for the two of us.
    This way I got what game I wanted. And made someone else happy they got pins they wanted.
    Without having to do all the leg work.
    Or spending a cent.

All good points. The older I get the less I feel like blowing my day going to get a pin.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

i know a lot of people in your country. None with pinball machines. If you ever get into SE florida , you are welcome to come over and play pins here. Not sure why you would trade away your Totan unless you are short on cash / But Metallica is my #1 pin on my top 10 list so understandable.
    Only Negative Downvoters need not apply/ Keep away !! Have Fun /play more pinball

Cool man, thanks! Coincidentally, there are a few vacation trips to the US that I'm planning for the next years to come... one is to make a car trip 'round California, including of course, the Napa Valley; and another is to visit South Florida, including Boca Raton, Ft Lauderdale, etc.... Me and my wife were planning to make the Cali trip this past winter (summer for you guys), but work caught up and instead we spent 2 weeks at Bariloche, ARG (from hot sun to cold snow, huh?)... well, maybe next year!

As for the trade, there are plenty of TotAN's down here, so I could get another one in a heartbeat.... and Metallica is also one of my dream pins!!!!

#33 6 years ago

Willing to trade for: Bram Stokers Dracula, Capcom Pinball Magic, LOTR + cash from me, Dr. Who, Dirty Harry, Capcom Airborne, Shadow, Whitewater, Johnny Mnemonic, Restored Whirlwind, Restored T2
    possibly more, but this is the list of comparable value I can think of.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “Excellent condition Batman Forever! Sold to me as Mint and undocumented HUO. The PF is perfect I put in quality 2SMD bulbs from comet. Ramps and legs are black light responsive. ...”
    2017-11-30
    Wind Point, WI
    3,400 (Firm)
    Archived after: 56 days
    Viewed: 2000 times

#34 6 years ago

Coincidentally I may up your way . And as I said, None of my People by you had Pins or knew where to send me to play . Funny to hear so many Totans there as they are rare to SE florida / Maybe 6 owners I know of Here in the Florida area and never seem to pop up for sale much . I may have to Pm you when I am there

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Willing to trade for: Bram Stokers Dracula, Capcom Pinball Magic, LOTR + cash from me, Dr. Who, Dirty Harry, Capcom Airborne, Shadow, Whitewater, Johnny Mnemonic, Restored Whirlwind, Restored T2
    possibly more, but this is the list of comparable value I can think of.

Machine - For Sale
    For sale/For trade: Batman Forever (MN)Shopped “Excellent condition Batman Forever!
    Sold to me as Mint and undocumented HUO.
    The PF is perfect
    I put in quality 2SMD bulbs from comet.
    Ramps and legs are black light responsive. ...”
    22 days ago Austin, MN 3,600
    brenna98

Wish I were able to think of a way to get this from ya!!! Great game here!

#36 6 years ago

I have a Safe Cracker, I'm looking for a Batman 66.

#38 6 years ago

If it was a loaded IMVE. I would trade a NIB SW. Local deal only. Send me a PM.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Coincidentally I may up your way . And as I said, None of my People by you had Pins or knew where to send me to play . Funny to hear so many Totans there as they are rare to SE florida / Maybe 6 owners I know of Here in the Florida area and never seem to pop up for sale much . I may have to Pm you when I am there

You're surely welcome!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#40 6 years ago

Finally somewhere to get my Pin Fix in Rio

2 years later
    #41 3 years ago

2 Williams 90’s Pins for my JP Pro?...worth a shot!

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You're surely welcome!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing

5 months later
    #43 3 years ago

I’m selling a Hot Hand pinball machine on here right now for $1500. I would trade for a 1985 or newer pin and pay the cash difference up to a $2500 pin.

1 month later
    #44 3 years ago

Right now I just finished repairing/upgrading a Bally Atlantis. I plan on either selling it for $2500 or trading it for a pinball machine 1990 or newer. I would rather trade.

#45 3 years ago

I just finished repairing/upgrading a Bally Atlantis. I put in Comet Sunlight LED bulbs, new rubbers, a brand new lockbar, new springs, coils, etc... I plan on either selling it for $2500 or trading it for a pinball machine 1990 or newer. I would rather trade. I would pay the cash difference up to a $3500 machine.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I just finished repairing/upgrading a Bally Atlantis. I put in Comet Sunlight LED bulbs, new rubbers, a brand new lockbar, new springs, coils, etc... I plan on either selling it for $2500 or trading it for a pinball machine 1990 or newer. I would rather trade. I would pay the cash difference up to a $3500 machine.

This thread is pretty dead sadly. There is a regional club thread in your area where you could post this and get some attention. You also could use the market place.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trading-no-money-needed?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.