Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by PBandJelly
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is competitive pinball fun?”

• Heck yes! 39 votes
      75%
    • Heck no! 13 votes
      25%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

League (resized).png
    96879ed15594ec327183fa02942fb1c83cbe3e0b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

8. When given the option, choose to play last.

This isn't always the answer.
    If you go first and blow up a game, it can definitely stress out other players.
    Also, sometimes games have progress jackpots you might be able to take advantage of by going first. Eg. Cyclone, Bride, Mustang

... but yes, generally players pick last.

1 week later
    #12 1 year ago

11.Apparently it is really rude to play your final ball if you are already winning when you are last up and have your third ball. Whoops.

There's some wiggle room here. Generally true, but if you're at a coin drop location or chasing a score people sometimes play it out. Usually people will ask the other players if it's cool and assuming you're not holding up the tourney, noone will mind.

1 month later
    #19 1 year ago

30,000,000,000 on Johnny Mnemonic this week on 3 balls.

That is a solid score. Super juicy spinner and got to Power Down?

I've been trying to sneak in for an hour between tournaments and get my skills up on the games I'm not super good at.

Good move. That's basically how I learned how to play tons of donkey games I don't like. Get demolished then go learn the game so it hopefully doesn't happen again.

2 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago

If you are going to adjust tilts for tourneys, I would highly recommend the ear plug mod. With that you can set them tight but fair.

#24 1 year ago

What on earth is the ear plug mod? Do you put ear plugs in so you can't hear people complain about tight tilts?

You cut a generic foam ear plug into 4 long ways. You put one of the strips through the hole where the tilt bob connects to the cabinet. The effect is that the tilt bob settles down almost immediately after a move. This lets you set the tilt such that it is as tight as you like, but you don't get any more phantom warnings/tilts. You'll want to experiment a little, and probably set the tilt a little tighter than you're used to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ectobar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tournament-noob-10-lessons-learned-and-what-to-expect?tu=ectobar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.