Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by PBandJelly
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is competitive pinball fun?”

• Heck yes! 39 votes
      75%
    • Heck no! 13 votes
      25%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

League (resized).png
    96879ed15594ec327183fa02942fb1c83cbe3e0b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Great callout on Rick & Morty: "Remember to have fun."

I know I have had the occasional case of pinball-induced coprolalia.

But as disgusted as I get over my own play sometimes, and over #@!$%& house balls, my most vivid bad memories of competition are of watching in horror and disbelief how some guys can flail and flail and not drain in two seconds. It's like the laws of physics get suspended while they play.

3 months later
    #25 1 year ago

Hey! Maybe someone should invent a replacement tilt mechanism to replace that old school tech, using accelerometers I presume. Then it would accept a very precise adjustment. It could catch on and sell a ton.

Oh, I see the idea was explored in depth three years ago by this guy, now inactive. I wonder what the story is there.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electronic-tilt-now-available

I do like the earplug idea, but it seems to me it would settle at different rates depending on which direction the machine was nudged. Can't beat the cost, though!

And I wouldn't blame a tournament director for putting a pair in his ears, too!

#27 1 year ago

Ah, so the smurfing in different directions is similar enough as to not matter. Nice!

Is that the right verb? Sounds good to me...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tournament-noob-10-lessons-learned-and-what-to-expect?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.