7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

For any Kansas City Pinsiders interested in playing some pinball this weekend, there is going to be a pinball tournament this Saturday at 3:30PM at the 403 Club, 403 North 5th St, Kansas City, KS 66101. I'm not putting it on myself, but I'm planning on playing and want to get some good competition to show up. If there is a decent turn out then the plan is to have this tournament on the first Saturday of every month. Match play, entry fee is $5, games are not set to free play so you will need some quarters. If you want to practice early, they have Bram Stoker's Dracula, Indy 500, Batman Forever, Rollergames, Apollo 13, and Goldeneye set up, and one of the players will be bringing in his Lethal Weapon 3 just for the tournament. All the machines are maintained regularly and play very well compared to other pinballs that you might find on location (but the tilt mechanisms are set very sensitive, just FYI).

This is a bar and it is normally 21+, but minors are welcome if accompanied by a parent. Artie (the owner) has agreed to add $50 to the prize pool so if you finish in the money you should get a nice payoff.

#2 7 years ago

Dang it! Figures I am at a wedding. I will definitely try and make the next one!

#3 7 years ago

There is also a weekly tournament at 403 Club every Wednesday at 9:00PM, it would be great to have you out for one of those too! The only problem with that one is if I do decent then I get home really late. Fortunately (?) I crapped out early last night so I was able to get some sleep.

#4 7 years ago

9pm start time on a weekday? That sounds rough. I'm doing some bi-monthly events at a local place but the start time is at 7. In my experience they typically go 3 - 4 hours.

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, it is usually in the 3 hour range, tends to draw a younger crowd obviously due to the late finish. I figure a little fatigue the next day is worth it for the pinball glory, though.

#6 7 years ago

Bump, tournament is this afternoon, see you there!

#7 7 years ago

Good luck and take pictures! Do you know who's running the one in Kansas City?

I'm also running a tournament today at Playland not at the Beach in El Cerritto, CA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7.95
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside