(Topic ID: 58551)

pinball tour: pierson rd. in flint, MI = disappointing

By dfsays

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Updated the three Pinmap locations in Flint tonight after taking the tour this evening. Sad.

Gina's Pizza DID have a very solid Addams Family, but the other two locations were embarrassing.

Colonial Lanes had a garbage 98 Viper Night Drivin'. DMD was out and both flippers couldn't get the ball up a ramp if it's life depended on it.

Pro-clean's Stern Magic looked okay, especially for fifty cents, but then proceeded to take a dollar from me and not let me play a single game.

I knew I should have drove the extra 30 minutes and went to the Shark Club...

#2 10 years ago

FYI-There's a Getaway and no fear at the laundry mat off lapeer rd. in Davison.

#3 10 years ago

That is great to know. Slim pickings around these parts. Any others not on the Pinmap?

I have a decent Striker Extreme down the road from me, but otherwise, it's a 20 minute drive to Richfield Bowl to play some decent pins.

And even there, they don't have any games I particularly dig. The Congo they recently brought in is nice, but I'm not really into Tron or Metallica and I've had my fill of Addams Family from my youth.

#4 10 years ago

Also, there is a Diner and a Black Rose located in a laundry mat on the corner of Mt. Morris rd and Dort Hwy in Mt. Morris. They are only a quarter a play and playable, but they are extremely dirty! Tried calling the owner and he was set in his ways in not selling them

#5 10 years ago

Richfield Lanes has a bunch of good pins. TAF, Metallica, Tron, NBAFB, Congo and some decent old school EMs. Bs Bowling has Pins too. Metallica is located in the bar.

Edit: I should have read this whole thread before I posted that lol.

#6 10 years ago

Shark Club is worth the trip any day.

#7 10 years ago

I head down to Shark's about once a month. Last time I was there, both change machines were outta quarters. Weird, considering.

I used to live down the road from the Mt.Morris laundromat. They always had one machine, though I can't remember what out was. Will have to stop back in sometime, as I'm only about 10 minutes from there now.

Looking forward top Pin Wars at B's in late September, hoping they get a good showing this year.

#8 10 years ago

Playland on Pasedena Ave., 3/4 mile East of Jenning was great. Too bad that one and the one on Dort Hwy. is long gone. Over 50 pins at the one on Jennings. Plus a Chicago Coin big ball bowler with the thumb hole in the balls.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Playland on Pasedena Ave., 3/4 mile East of Jenning was great. Too bad that one and the one on Dort Hwy. is long gone. Over 50 pins at the one on Jennings. Plus a Chicago Coin big ball bowler with the thumb hole in the balls.

Address? Tried googling it could find it..

#10 10 years ago

It's been closed for years.

#11 10 years ago

Playland on Dort HWY is a sad sad scene. I don't know how they are still open. They still have games that were there 20 years ago, most of them in awful condition. I went there last week for the first time in years. What a terrible experience. It smelled like a nasty moldy basement the second we walked in. I found the most disgusting looking Theatre of Magic next to a turned on but broken down Earthshaker. Apparently the Earthshaker has been out of order for many months, yet they have NO sign on the machine saying its broken. Nope. They just let it eat your 75 cents without being able to even start a game. Whoever owns that place should be ashamed. It's really sad to see my childhood memories being turned into a festering garbage pile. I keep my ToM in pristine condition, almost shed a tear when I played theirs. I wouldn't pay more than $1k for it if they ever sold it. ES was in the same disgusting condition.

#12 10 years ago

Yep, it's a hole.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Address? Tried googling it could find it..

Old address was G3700 W. Pasadena Ave. 48504 The G in the address meant outside of Flint proper, but in Genesee County. I don't think the G is used these days at least for Google, yahoo, tom-toms etc.

If you look on a Google satellite view, you can still see parts of the old go kart track that went far North of the building and part of the driving range. I sure miss that place. I did not realize that the one on Dort Highway is still open. Maybe they will order a WoZ.

#14 10 years ago

Mr. Bally, they will not order a WoZ. They won't put an extra dime into making that place better. It might be the most disgusting unkept arcade in Michigan. You can walk around and see mold growing in every corner. How they are still open I'll never know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tour-pierson-rd-in-flint-mi-disappointing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.