View topic image gallery

DSC06036.JPG
DSC05968.JPG
DSC05966.JPG
DSC05963.JPG
shadow2.jpg
shadow1.jpg
jd_topper.jpg

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I am currently designing some Pinball Toppers.........in the works are The Shadow, AC/DC and Simpsons. Any other games you would like to see a topper for?

#3 12 years ago

MM and TZ

#4 12 years ago
#5 12 years ago

Preview of the Shadow.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Preview of The Shadow.

The three are sketches right now. The Shadow is going to be the side art. AC/DC logo and canon. The Simpsons is a surprise. I am hoping to have prototypes in 2 weeks.

#7 12 years ago

What are these being made out of? Like the Matt McKee toppers?

Oh....ahem....MM!!

#8 12 years ago

I vote MM

#9 12 years ago

I'm looking forward to the Simpsons one.

#10 12 years ago

I am making them out of acrylic (not like the ones on Pinball Life). They will be lit. I would love to do a MM. I am not going to use the wordmark. AFM also in the works.

#11 12 years ago

I always thought a couple of castle towers/turrets connected by a low stone wall running across the top of MM would be awesome. Needs to be molded in plastic to look right though.

#12 12 years ago

Sign me up for a Simpsons! How much are you thinking?

#13 12 years ago

The pinball decals dragon looks good for MM. Nice to get some for some games that don't already have toppers. Acdc, Johnny mnemonic, corvette etc. what about indiana jones?

#14 12 years ago

Is there a topper available for LOTR currently?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Is there a topper available for LOTR currently

Yes, McKee makes a LOTR topper

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

ninjabones said:Is there a topper available for LOTR currently
Yes, McKee makes a LOTR topper

The Balrog topper is awesome as well. No pics but there awesome when wired up with LED's. I would like to see a tasteful TZ topper as well. The LITZ topper and the Power (Pyramid with the eye) are just horrible IMHO.

#17 12 years ago

Definitely a BSD topper....definitely.

#18 12 years ago

TZ SS MM would be great choices.

#19 12 years ago

A good one for IJ is desperately needed. I'd pay handsomely for one.

#20 12 years ago

where do you source the LOTR toppers?

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

where do you source the LOTR toppers?

I don't understand the question but Matt McKee makes a great LOTR topper here in MN.

#22 12 years ago

These will not be molds or 3D toppers. These will be tastefully done acrylic backlit toppers.

#23 12 years ago

Since my JD did not come with the eagle topper and it probably wouldn't clear my game room ceiling anyways. I had my friend re-draw me an eagle using Photoshop in multiple layers so I could fill in the gaps on the back box with the claws and also helps to add to the illusion of depth in the final product.

jd_topper.jpgjd_topper.jpg

I also added two flashers behind the tip of each wing which are tapped into the back box lighting so it flashes when it pursuit mode.

I'd also like to see what you have in mind for Shadow as I am trying to come up with something creative for mine. Right now my friend has drawn this based on my idea and I will be adding a flasher behind the Shadow since it will be in the front layer so it lights up as seen in the second pic.

shadow1.jpgshadow1.jpg shadow2.jpgshadow2.jpg

#24 12 years ago

What are yours made out of?

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

What are yours made out of?

They are printed on thicker stock paper and then glued onto foam board which I cut using a exacto knife. Going to try and keep the city scape in my Shadow topper square as it could get quite tedious cutting around all those buildings.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I don't understand the question but Matt McKee makes a great LOTR topper here in MN.

who is matt mckee and how does one contact him???

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I'd also like to see what you have in mind for Shadow as I am trying to come up with something creative for mine. Right now my friend has drawn this based on my idea and I will be adding a flasher behind The Shadow since it will be in the front layer so it lights up as seen in the second pic.

Very nice M; think you could sell a few of those.

#29 12 years ago

IJ would be a good choice IMO. Since you have two games to put them on with a combined total of over 13000 made. Just don't put any mention of the crystal skull on it.

Oh and moving this to Buying and Selling.

#30 12 years ago

Any other games you would like to see a topper for?

I would love to have an alternative topper for SM I am not a fan of the one that is out there. No offense I am glad Matt makes toppers for the community. I just don't see the good in having a topper that just says Spiderman right above a translight that has Spiderman written straight across it.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I would love to have an alternative topper for SM I am not a fan of the one that is out there. No offense I am glad Matt makes toppers for the community. I just don't see the good in having a topper that just says spiderman right above a translight that has spiderman written straight across it.

+1

I have been investigating options for making my own.

#33 12 years ago

That was my idea too. I am not a big fan of just the wording across the top. I am gonna try and come up with some toppers that I hope are unique to the game.

2 weeks later
#34 12 years ago

Ok..........currently working on the toppers. AC/DC, Simpsons, and Shadow. After that MM, SM, IJ, and BSD. Picked up a airbrush and getting the materials tomorrow.

#35 12 years ago

The Shadow and Simpsons will be unveiled this weekend. Hope ya like 'em!

#36 12 years ago

Looking forward to it!

#37 12 years ago

I hope so too!

#38 12 years ago

I'd love to see a decent one for TFTC, as there are so many possibilities!

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Definitely a BSD topper....definitely.

another vote for the BSD topper

#40 12 years ago

Very anxious to see the shadow!

#41 12 years ago
#43 12 years ago

I'd like to see something different for High Speed. I'am not talking about the dome light, I mean the plastic topper piece that goes over the dome, like to see something different as I'am sure others with this game would also!

#44 12 years ago

Jeff_PHX
HS I think would be cool if you elevated the dome on the light and made the top look like a police car looking at you. Headlights and grill ++

Tatman999
Look for an old Space invaders topper. I made a really easy and nice looking topper for my AFM.
It is plexi or lexan and it looks just like mars at the end battle.
I took the balast off and made a wooden frame for it colored black so you can't see anything but Mars.
I think it looks really nice.

Game on

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Jeff_PHX
HS I think would be cool if you elevated the dome on the light and made the top look like a police car looking at you. Headlights and grill ++
Tatman999
Look for an old Space invaders topper. I made a really easy and nice looking topper for my AFM.
It is plexi or lexan and it looks just like mars at the end battle.
I took the balast off and made a wooden frame for it colored black so you can't see anything but Mars.
I think it looks really nice.
Game on

Dude, I like that idea!!!

#46 12 years ago

Shadow Toppers just need paint. Simpsons will be painted this weekend. I hope to bring some samples to MGC. I think AFM, AC/DC, and maybe MM will be next. I have too many ideas swimming in my head. There are too many "naked" games and titles out there. MM I am having second thoughts on my first design. I wanna do a funny topper for MM.

#47 12 years ago

Great day in MN for paint drying...*cough* and some pics of the goods *cough*

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Great day in MN for paint drying...*cough* and some pics of the goods *cough* []

I know. I know. I am hoping to bring my Shadow and Simpsons along to MGC. Fer sure 3 or 4 new toppers at Pinball Circus. Shadow pic tomorrow.

#50 12 years ago

I'd love toppers for my msf,godzilla,stargate, and eatpm!

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-toppers-in-the-works and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.