Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TOTAN-1[1].jpg
    #1 12 years ago

My ultimate pin collection would be 1 or 2 pinball machine for each decade starting with the 50s to present, my own personal pinball history. Anyone else want or have any older pins in there collection?

#2 12 years ago

I would find the non-electrical Pins that costed $.05 cool to add to my high-tech game-room. They were from the 1930's and must have had alot of engineering for it time. If I could find one in really good condition, I would spend a couple hundred. The problem is, some people might be willing to pay more than I would, and they don't come up that often.

#3 12 years ago

Hey Mojo, I like that idea. The only change I'd make is, I'd up that total to 6 or 8 for the 90's pins.

#4 12 years ago

ALL 3 of you are crazy.....Go for DMD machines ASAP......

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

Go for DMD machines ASAP......

I have an LCD DMD machine. It is multi-color DMD.
    In fact it is multi-machine:
    TOTAN-1[1].jpgTOTAN-1[1].jpg

#6 12 years ago

I like mojo's idea. I will add a couple multicades though.

#7 12 years ago

I like B/W Pin's from 1992 to 1998 .. and very few Stern's ..

#8 12 years ago

More or less I feel the same. I love pinball's variety. My favorite era is SS 80s through the system 11 pins. But I also love me some wedgeheads!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

My favorite era is SS 80s through the system 11

Me too. some amazing artwork for sure.

#10 12 years ago

I have;

Four 1930's pins
    Three from the 60's
    Two from the 70's
    Two from the 80's
    Eight from the 90's
    Two from the 2000's

#11 12 years ago

The oldest I got is Diner.

#12 12 years ago

I ultimately would like to have a collection that encompasses all of the different solid state eras. These are the pins that I grew up with, so they have the most meaning to me. I currently have a System 11, four 90's DMDs, both Pin2K's, and a WOZ on order. I just need to add an early solid state and a modern Stern, and I'll be good to go.

#13 12 years ago

As I go back to play the pins, I only like post wood rail machines. I appreciate the artwork, and nostalgia more than the actual play on most older machines.

My favorite feature on older pins is knock down targets, you just don't see those too much anymore.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

knock down targets,

Knock down targets feel really satisfying when you get them all down, I love those drop targets.

#15 12 years ago

I have a pretty good spread at the moment but I do prefer DMD pins.

#16 12 years ago

I can't do EM's...they are neat to look at and novel to play a game or two but they bore me to tears. In fact I haven't found a pin older than 1986 that I would bother owning (including BH & HH). I just don't get it I guess...

#17 12 years ago

Yeah, to each his own. I am not a big fan of most EMs either but there are some good ones. Definitely a different type of play.

#18 12 years ago

I grew up playing a few space missions that several neighbors had in their homes. I ended up buying one for 50 bucks and sold it a few years later. I would like to own one again for nostalgia but I'm afraid I wouldn't play it much.

#19 12 years ago

My first three were specifically to have a similar spread - wizard!, BK and SM. I might look to get an alphanumeric to round out the set before looking to add others or something before the 70s.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-thru-the-decades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.