Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 243 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snoopdoggplayfieldsketch.jpg
    1178413Sin-City-Marv-Posters.jpg
    jessica_alba_sin_city_desktop_1024x768.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    4d.gif
    images.jpeg
    images-4.jpeg
    SquarePegRoundHole.jpg
    image-32.jpg
    HELL-PIN.jpg
    Don_t_Panic.jpg
    doc.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Jar_Jar_Binks_by_Varezart.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    456613-grandmas_boy_1_super.jpg

There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #152 11 years ago

Halo
    Prometheus Pink Floyd
    Metroid Led Zepplin
    Gears of war Tool
    God of War. Guitar Hero
    Call of duty. Resident evil
    Game of thrones. Madden
    Sonic. Muppets
    Spawn Spiderman redux
    Portal. X games (no fear 2)

#153 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerSaw:

from what i just looked up, and various pages read to make sure sources were good .... hitler did indeed only have 1 ball. His autopsy revealed that he had 1 ball, and that in WW1 he has received a wound to the groin area that most likely took it. He wasnt born with 1, he had 2 to begin with. That being said, a man with 1 ball functions just as well as a man with 2. The 1 testicle will run double time.
    Also ... he wasnt an Atheist either .... just adding that on. = )

Seriously? So who are you implying Hitler placed faith in? Allah, Buddha? Who was Hitler's god? Lots of possibilities out there. Surely you are an equally opportunity mistheist and have no particular faith in mind.

While you are looking up minutiae like the number of his testicles, trying exploring what he was trying do and what he really believed. Saying someone is not an atheist is not the same as saying someone has faith in the God of the Bible, which is the point possibly veiled in your comment. Hitler sought spiritual power from any source for his nefarious plans.

This forum is about pinball, and not an outlet to release one's animosity toward any topic or individual unrelated to pinball. How about sticking to pinball?

The reason a pinball could not be based on the Bible is because pinball requires one to perform to earn points and grace is a gift. You would have to lose to win. That wouldn't sell in this world.

I hope that one day you understand that those who have inspired such vehemence in you toward God (I used to share it to a much higher degree) by hurting and causing you to feel bad about yourself, represented God only by the imagination of man's institutions and not by His appointment.

Dan

Dan

#154 11 years ago

I think Harry Potter would be a dream game, it's a shame that Rowling is anti pinball. My personal fantasy for a licensed machine would be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer pin. I would also love to see a new original themed game based on skiing and snowboarding.

#155 11 years ago

Dragonball....

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

somebody said the matrix yet?

+1 Skit-B make the matrix after Predator.

#157 11 years ago

You guys have some great ideas. A few are especially surprising, they were/are really popular and seem to have plenty of great material that would translate well into pinball. How in the world were they missed? I think these would sell well if made even now.

Matrix (this could be as good as Tron; the first also had a great soundtrack)
    Battlestar Galactica
    Big Lebowski
    Scooby Doo (who doesn't love Scooby)

#158 11 years ago

Some of these are already listed and others I've mentioned before, but here it goes.

Matrix (this has everything a theme could want)
    Big lebowski ( I can taste the White russians already)
    Evil dead (A pin based on the entire trilogy would be awesome)
    Big trouble in Little China ( my all time favorite action adventure movie and phenomenal theme)
    Blue man group ( You have to see it in person to believe it)
    Elvira 3 ( Yeah, I want it bad)

Unlicensed themes

Haunted house (Of course its been done, but it needs an updated version)
    End of the world ( asteroids, solar flares, nuclear war etc.. all rolled into one pin)
    Freak show (Old school carnival style)

#159 11 years ago

Ghost Busters? Covered yet?

How about Caddy Shack.....That could be a riot....

#160 11 years ago

Toy Story

Big Lebowski also

#161 11 years ago

A lot of Big Lebowski suggestions here. Hopefully, Skit-B gives this theme some thought. If they did a Big Lebowski pin it would likely be the second one I get from them.

#162 11 years ago

Just out of curiosity, whats the legality of doing a themed pin yourself?

Like if someone wanted to do a "Toy Story" pin, would they get in trouble legally? Is it a different answer if they are only building one for themselves versus to sell as a company?

Just curious because a buddy and I have always tossed around the idea of doing our own layout just for fun, but didn't know if we had to use a generic theme or could actually do a theme like Toy Story.

#163 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

A lot of Big Lebowski suggestions here. Hopefully, Skit-B gives this theme some thought. If they did a Big Lebowski pin it would likely be the second one I get from them.

You and me both TDA! The bowling mode alone would be cool. Just don't step over the F-ing line man!!!
    I'm picturing a TZ style playfield with a rug instead of the door. It'll just sorta pull the whole pin together
    How about nihilist multi-ball? "We will cut off your Johnson"

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just out of curiosity, whats the legality of doing a themed pin yourself?

You're safe as long as you do not sell it. I think ??

#164 11 years ago

Heck yeah on Big Lebowski! Of course, his car would have to be some sort of bash toy. One very important task would be assemblying a white russian beverage. Those dreams he had after getting knocked out each time would be great video modes. Super idea for nihilist multi-ball, it could feature their standoff in the parking lot. Make the rug a spinning magnet or something. The ramps could be: Log Jammin and Gutter Balls. The modes could feature the various @ss whippings he took: Sheriff of Malibu, Maude's goons, Treehorn's goons, Bunny's husband and chauffer goon, nihilist goons, etc. And of course we would need a bowling toy of some sort in the game and maybe a saucer or something that triggers all of his buddy's Vietnam rants. The Marmot in the tub could signal an extra ball, tilt, or something. Maude's nerdy friend's laugh for losing a ball in the outlanes. There's so much material to choose from.

#165 11 years ago

For me that would be : Ghostbusters, Muppets. And a wetdream for me is a Warhammer 40K pin!

#166 11 years ago

Tattoo....think of the art work
    Xmas pinball.....Think Bad Santa complete with classic Bally/Williams humor

#167 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

I think Gary Stern said in a recent talk that JK Rowling wouldn't sign off on a Harry Potter pinball since they end up in pubs. But agree that would be one I (and my entire family) would be down for.

Not doubting your post, but JK needs a reality check. Last I recall, Universal Studios Harry Potter world Hogs Head Bar sells alcohol. So after you've licensed video games, notebooks, hats and looks like a bar at universal - putting a pinball machine in a bar is the less evil.

+1 vote for JJP to fly over and meet JK and sell her on the idea. Maybe with time she would reconsider based on fan interest. Agree, nearly everyone would buy this pin.

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Agree, nearly everyone would buy this pin.

Absolutely!

#169 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Agree, nearly everyone would buy this pin

Then i'm one outside of the nearly everyone. It really doesn't interest me one bit, even though i loved the books. I know it's strange.

#170 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

somebody said the matrix yet?

Somebody is doing a JM re-theme to Matrix, more info can be found here:

http://www.pinnovating.com/projects_jm.htm

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

Then i'm one outside of the nearly everyone. It really doesn't interest me one bit, even though i loved the books. I know it's strange.

It's not just you. I wouldn't want that theme either. I find the movies unwatchable, just like LOTR. For whatever reason it doesn't appeal to me.

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

badbilly27 said:Agree, nearly everyone would buy this pin

No, you are not alone.
    I have no interest in the books, movies or possible pin.

Dan

#173 11 years ago

Here is a theme

4d.gif4d.gif

#174 11 years ago

Dude, you got my imagination wandering.

Modern Art as a theme. Stealing artworks for a private collection. Each mode would be a different masterpiece. Once collected, you have to complete a hurry up to place it in the collection. Some shots would be law enforcement when if hit you lose the art and have to repeat the mode.

M C Escher would make for cool cabinet artwork, but impossible to render any playfield toys accurately.

Dali and Miro would lend themselves to a wild playfield.

Munch's The Scream would make a great translite.

Probably impossible to get permission to use the images however.

Dan

#175 11 years ago

I always liked the illusionary artwork. My favorite is crazy stairs. I'm not sure how you could make a pin out of it, but I'd love to see someone try(successfully).

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail.jpg

#176 11 years ago

I would rather vomit blood than pay money in any fashion to Rowling. Hooray for protecting your IP and all that, not so much for being an abrasive overbearing douche in the process. Agreed that it would sell a crapton of machines to people that could care less about the creator's attitude.

I think the true test will be to see how her next book/series does, since it's not even remotely the same genre. See how quickly her arrogance drops away if it tanks...sometimes you need a little failure to set you back in place.

#177 11 years ago

Think of a Futurama pin ala Funhouse where it is benders head that taunts you instead of Rudy. (Lots of great audio to pull and work with.) Get Lawlor to design it with adult language mode like Family Guy. "Bite my shiny metal a@@". There needs to be more humor in pinball!

#178 11 years ago

Obviously, some of this has turned into a "Games I WISH were made", instead of a "Games I'm shocked weren't made").

Harry Potter? Yeah...immensely popular. Surprised it never happened.
    Matrix? Yup...seems like the type of theme pinheads and pinmakers would go for.
    Scooby? Of course...with everything else they did in the 70's, I can't believe they didn't do this one.
    Ghostbusters: Seems like a theme that would have been awesome in the 80's.
    Muppets? Yup...surprised. Everything was made into a pin in the late 70's and 80's.

Big Lebowski? Really???? You are SHOCKED that they never made it into a pinball? You may like the movie, and you may wish it was a theme...but there is no way that you can be shocked that a movie that made only $17mil wasn't made into a pin.

Look, nothing would make me happier than an "Army of Darkness" pin...featuring Bruce Campbell (the greatest actor of all time!)....but I can't claim that I'm shocked they didn't make one.

Just clarifying...

=)

Pete

#179 11 years ago

Daydreaming is allowed isn't it, Pete????

#180 11 years ago

ALIENS!

The team that's currently doing the Predator machine really needs to give, if they haven't already, considerable thought to doing ALIENS after they complete and ship all their orders for Predator.

The one audio clip that would be perfect for this pin would be Hudson saying " game over man, game over", as your last ball drains and it is just that...game over.

#181 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Obviously, some of this has turned into a "Games I WISH were made", instead of a "Games I'm shocked weren't made").

So what its all in good fun. Lebowski has a huge cult following I'm surprised your surprised people have brought it up. And for a small run you really don't need a movie that sold like hotcakes a strong cult following will do.

#182 11 years ago
    Quoted from spiffy:

Think of a Futurama pin ala Funhouse where it is benders head that taunts you instead of Rudy. (Lots of great audio to pull and work with.)

+1 I'd buy that NIB.

#183 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

So what its all in good fun

Quoted from Honch:

Daydreaming is allowed isn't it, Pete????

NO!! You have to follow the rules!!!

Okay...just kidding. Wish away, folks. =)

Honestly...I didn't mean to make it sound like I was upset with the turn the thread took. I was just reading it and thinking: "They can't truly be SHOCKED by the lack of some of these themes, can they?"

#184 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Modern Art as a theme. Stealing artworks for a private collection. Each mode would be a different masterpiece. Once collected, you have to complete a hurry up to place it in the collection. Some shots would be law enforcement when if hit you lose the art and have to repeat the mode.

Art theft - what a cool idea! So many possibilities. I think that would be a ton of fun.

#185 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

or the imagination police, at least on Pinside.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Honestly...I didn't mean to make it sound like I was upset with the turn the thread took. I was just reading it and thinking: "They can't truly be SHOCKED by the lack of some of these themes, can they?"

I can agree that taste is always individual, and I have also scratched my head at some suggestions. But it did sound like a concern that the straight and narrow was being abandoned.

Party on Garth!

Dan

#186 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I always liked the illusionary artwork. My favorite is crazy stairs. I'm not sure how you could make a pin out of it, but I'd love to see someone try(successfully).

Attachments thumbnail.jpg (25.2 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

Me too. The staircase is one of Escher's I think. His waterfalls is a neat illusion also.

Dan

#187 11 years ago

Transformers (Generation 1)
    GI Joe
    Masters of the Universe (He Man)
    Ghostbusters
    Gremlins
    WWF in the Attitude Era (they had a WWF pin in the early 90s cartoon era, but not one with Stone Cold and The Rock)
    MMA/UFC
    World War II

#188 11 years ago

Sin City! Game modes based on the different stories. All red, black, and white colors (with the exception of the Yellow Bastard). And my Dark Angel all over the pin.

jessica_alba_sin_city_desktop_1024x768.jpgjessica_alba_sin_city_desktop_1024x768.jpg

#189 11 years ago
    Quoted from Osakijimbo:

Sin City! Game modes based on the different stories. All red, black, and white colors (with the exception of the Yellow Bastard). And my Dark Angel all over the pin.

That would be a bad ass theme for sure. Great sound and art possibilities with a certain darkness/grittiness not found in many modern pins.

#190 11 years ago

"The hell I send him to will feel like heaven after what I've done to him." hehehe.

1178413Sin-City-Marv-Posters.jpg1178413Sin-City-Marv-Posters.jpg

#191 11 years ago

Predator will happen.
    X-Men will happen.

Ghostbusters
    Alien
    Scooby Doo
    Evil Dead
    Blade
    Walking Dead/Resident Evil zombie theme
    Futurama
    Beatles
    Snoop Dogg
    Led Zeppelin
    Muppets
    Harry Potter
    Toy Story
    Tenacious D or anything with Jack Black voicing.
    Diablo/Conan warrior rpg theme
    Rush

#192 11 years ago

Beatles doesn't surprise me.
    It would be cool, not just for the soundtrack, but also all the different stages and offshoots like yellow submarine and Sgt. peppers. But if you knew anything about the crazy approval process and the requirement for full buy-in from all four members (or their survivors), it's obvious it will never happen.
    Sad, but it would have been an epic theme!!!

#193 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Big trouble in Little China ( my all time favorite action adventure movie and phenomenal theme)

I'm building a homebrew pin of this theme its my fav movie too! I'll post one day when I get some whitewood action going. It wont be a retheme but a whole new pin.

#194 11 years ago

Forrest Gump

#195 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

WWF in the Attitude Era (they had a WWF pin in the early 90s cartoon era, but not one with Stone Cold and The Rock)

I would be all for this one . . . although the age demographic that would be interested in this is still a tad on the young side (even though that was 15 years ago) for Stern. I think Stern wants people in their mid to late 40's as their target audience (sometimes they reach them through their children, who would be too young [and sensitive] to appreciate this theme as well).

So, while I think the theme would rock I am afraid it doesn't hit the market Stern seems to want to target at the moment. Perhaps a botique run by a new entity.

#196 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How about something like Legends of Wrestling - New and Old. Hulk Hogan(good & bad), Mankind, Warrior, Rick Flair, Andre, Stone Cold, HHH, The Rock, Hart Foundation, Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Edge, Jericho, etc...

Could be cool to choose your wrestler and battle your way to the championship in matches (sort of like Champion Pub but executed better). Set up for network play to wrestle head to head, save capability to save career progress, could be bad asz. And I'm not a current wrestling fan but would consider this one. Get older and younger demographics if cross generation.

#198 11 years ago

Zombie pin would be sweet.

#199 11 years ago
    Quoted from GTtilter13:

Zombie pin would be sweet.

Ben Hecks Zombie Adventureland. It's already here... Or at least it will be???
    It's coming late 2013 as far as we know.

#200 11 years ago

Mission Impossible. It would be cool to see the ball drop and levitate above the playfield. Or some kind of self-destruction gimmick.

There are 243 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-themes-you-are-amazed-dont-exist/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.