(Topic ID: 258588)

Pinball themes that Women want?

By RGR

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Margaritaville.jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    bingo-babes-2jpg-f52bd5a612a09776 (resized).jpg
    mel (resized).jpg
    52C999E4-1A2A-46DB-A3D0-1C8B4ED0FF55 (resized).jpeg
    supernatural-best-20-episodes (resized).jpg
    Homicide Hunter (resized).png
    9A6C0F08-7355-4BD6-BA51-515E6C65E89D (resized).jpeg
    733963_2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C7843E7D-CCE3-46BC-8972-7914901DB2B9 (resized).jpeg
    Odin,_der_Göttervater (resized).jpg
    mkmkmkmkm (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My wife is hyped for Rick & Morty

Topper?

733963_2 (resized).png733963_2 (resized).png
    #52 4 years ago

I am not sure about all woman, but my grandmother and her friends all love Dialed In.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

my grandmother and her friends all love Dialed In.

lol.

#54 4 years ago

Oh this is too Easy. A Shopping Pin or an Amazon Pin. (for my wife)

Collect Shoes, Purses, Spices, Plastic Crap Multi-Ball.
    Text message Bonus, Selfie rewards. Jewelry Overload Wizard Mode.
    Re-Decorating skill shot.

#55 4 years ago

I’d love to get this one..nice simple game, w the sounds of the chimes..nice old car w lovely lady lumps..I bet that some ladies would like this too..

9A6C0F08-7355-4BD6-BA51-515E6C65E89D (resized).jpeg9A6C0F08-7355-4BD6-BA51-515E6C65E89D (resized).jpeg
    #56 4 years ago

So, are we looking for themes young women would like, or old women. Or somebody elses old lady.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

....and the guys man-splain what their wives like.

Most women in their right mind don't like pinball enough to be on this site ;P

#58 4 years ago

Of the pins we have, I love JJP Pirates, BM66, Wonka, the Shadow, and the Beatles. And though I'm not fan of Iron Maiden or Metallica music, both of those pins are actually really fun to play. I grew up with a Pin Up in my kitchen, too, so I enjoy EM games. And I enjoy Dolly Parton and Elvira as well (which some might call "booby"). And I'm really looking forward to playing Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones soon. I have no desire for a Chippendale/Magic Mike/Aquaman/etc pin.

If I could make any movie into a pin, though, it would probably be Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The callouts would be amazing. And the Nightmare before Christmas one that someone here created looks awesome too.

With regard to other suggestions above, I like the idea of Rocky Horror and Princess Bride, too, and I think a Winnie-the-Pooh one would be cute, but not sure how interesting it would be. And I'd be interested in playing the Buffy one that was created, too.

In general, though, theme matters to me, but it certainly doesn't/shouldn't be something "girly" like shopping or half-naked men, and a well-planned pin with interesting shots and rules may win out over theme for me (i.e. Iron Maiden).

#59 4 years ago

don’t know if it was said or not but law and order special victims unit would hit with my mom and grandma. i think they also enjoy games like willy wonka and the chocolate factory and wizard of oz

#60 4 years ago

My wife keeps saying Bob's Burgers. She Was giving Jack Danger suggestions 4 gameplay on his livestream a few days ago.

#61 4 years ago

I'm really surprised someone post a Dave Christenson on off.. I won't do it though... lol

#62 4 years ago

Laser Cue

#63 4 years ago

My wife and daughter are pumped that stranger things came out.

They also want Toy Story.

#64 4 years ago

My wife loves anything on Investigation Discovery, so she may go for something like #who-dunnit re-themed to this:

Homicide Hunter (resized).pngHomicide Hunter (resized).png
    #65 4 years ago
    supernatural-best-20-episodes (resized).jpgsupernatural-best-20-episodes (resized).jpg
    #66 4 years ago

An Imagine Dragons music pin.

52C999E4-1A2A-46DB-A3D0-1C8B4ED0FF55 (resized).jpeg52C999E4-1A2A-46DB-A3D0-1C8B4ED0FF55 (resized).jpeg
    #67 4 years ago

Def Leppard seems the logical choice.

It would not only appeal to old ladies, but also old men clamoring for another music themed game.

#68 4 years ago

They want a Victoria’s Secret pin, and personally I’d approve.

#69 4 years ago
    mel (resized).jpgmel (resized).jpg
    #70 4 years ago
    Quoted from VividPsychosis:

They want a Victoria’s Secret pin, and personally I’d approve.

Suuuure they do. (Although some men would order it and say it is for their wife.)

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am not sure about all woman, but my grandmother and her friends all love Dialed In.

Are you saying this because it is phone based and they are always on their phones?

#71 4 years ago

A pin where hubby takes out the garbage, kids do chores and spa day is everyday.

#72 4 years ago

OK I asked my wife and here are her responses:

1. Blondie (I agree! Bad-ass music theme)
    2. Heathers
    3. Edward Scissor-hands
    4. No Doubt
    5. Something that is “all white”. As in the entire thing is white and wouldn’t clash with the house outside of the basement. I welcome this suggestion, as I could then fit another machine in our house

#73 4 years ago

My wife is all-in on a Golden Girls LE.

#74 4 years ago

My wife is much younger than me (32) and has no idea who Elvira is, but she plays the crap out of our EatPM. She said theme is theme, she doesn't care as long as it is fun.

I think it is a competitive thing, as she calls Elvira a bitch about 2 times a game and I have even heard the dreaded "C" word come out of her mouth a few times

#75 4 years ago

So far:
    TSPP - no
    MET - ok
    Fish tales - ok
    Deadpool - she really likes
    WOZ - she asked for one for two years so I sold FT and MET for a an ECLE . She’s loves it so I am happy.

And she would also be all in on golden girls. Ahah

#76 4 years ago

Bingo

bingo-babes-2jpg-f52bd5a612a09776 (resized).jpgbingo-babes-2jpg-f52bd5a612a09776 (resized).jpg
    #77 4 years ago

Cyclone and Comet were always popular.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

My wife is much younger than me (32) and has no idea who Elvira is, but she plays the crap out of our EatPM. She said theme is theme, she doesn't care as long as it is fun.

One of my friends is obsessed with EatPM. Have to drag her away from the thing.

#79 4 years ago

We'll if SuAnn had her way it would be anything based on Stephen King. Or perhaps a trilogy game based on the Fifty Shades of Grey movies.

John

#80 4 years ago

Well from what I’ve heard, the Hallmark, Harlequin and Women’s Channel romantic theme material should work well! A genuine Pandora’s box supply of endlessly repetitive and inexplicably addictive, desirous retheme material ripe for the pinball market….oh wait…hang on a minute….

Anyways, for those that appreciate the deep rule sets and delight in the hidden code possibilities of this mystique theming, three limited in number (TBA later), versions are proposed:

- The LLE, Limited Light Edition, is bare bones, weighing in at 110 pounds soaking wet, waterproof by design and thus perfect for the bathroom/gamesroom.

- The LES, Limited Edition $pecial has everything the LLE has but with the added features of less lights, full length mirror blades, wine glass/incense/paper back holders, phone charging ports and designer label cabinet wallpaper effects.

- The ULSE, Ultra Limited $pecial Editions have all the features of the LES and more: a flattering solid mirror back glass, ringing bells sound effects, ample hidden side shelves for accessories like the new slimline interchangeable shaker motors, convenient user friendly pause/self play buttons and a pop up candelabra topper.

Who knows, Women may already be passionately predisposed to such designs?

#81 4 years ago

Postal Worker. UPS Driver. Fed Ex Deliveryman. Machines with the package she has been waiting for.

#82 4 years ago

I would guess Property Bros, house hunters, or chopped. But, i was wrong, I asked my wife and she said a theme she would want the most is a ‘Watch my kids while I get a Mani & Pedi’ or a ‘Glenn Ivy Spa Day’. These are really weird terms to me that do not compute, but that was her answer.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Right on, Ben! That would be my wife's second choice. First is Buffy. So much so that she asked how hard it would be to retheme Iron Maiden (a game she loves but a theme she loathes).

Quoted from Dayhuff:

We'll if SuAnn had her way it would be anything based on Stephen King.

My wife would not be adverse to an It machine. She even loves the old TV version with Tim Curry. Stephen Kings takes up a large area of our bookshelf at home.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

My wife hardly plays the X-files I purchased for her, it is a little to complicated for her taste and the ramp shots are tight.
    As she puts it "I just want to flail around for a bit and not think about it too much" which sums up her style. We don't play against each other unless it is on the EM's as I know the SS rules well and just rack the scores. On the EM she has better chance of a win.

my wife loves x-files

#85 4 years ago

My wife loves Scared Stiff & Monster Bash. Others she likes are AFM & Walking Dead.

#86 4 years ago

Lot’s of “my wife” sentences here...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #87 4 years ago

Downton Abbey

#88 4 years ago

My better half really wants a Goonies. She keeps asking me-'When are they going to make a Goonies? I keep replying 'I don't know-but I want one too!'

#89 4 years ago

My wife loves our Metallica pro, and has stated I cannot sell it She also digs the AC/DC but she loves music.

She also would love a Motley Crue, woz, SS and a Christmas themed pin (Xmas vacation or the Xmas story would be huge hit!)

#90 4 years ago
    giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
    #91 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

5. Something that is “all white”. As in the entire thing is white and wouldn’t clash with the house outside of the basement. I welcome this suggestion, as I could then fit another machine in our house

It looks like a Supreme is in your future.

#92 4 years ago

My wife agrees with this with some enthusiasm.

#93 4 years ago

Margaritaville-would be an instant buy for my wife

Margaritaville.jpgMargaritaville.jpg
    #94 4 years ago

Mine wants a Stargate.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Mine wants a Stargate.

Nothing wrong with that-maybe she just has that itch to shoot a pyramid.

#96 4 years ago

Even if there was a strong theme targeted at women, I think the success would largely depend on the company getting women involved with the creation of the game. A game geared towards the interests of women, designed by men, is a recipe for disaster. I think it would be very important to have the thoughts and opinions of multiple women involved throughout the creative process.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I think it is a competitive thing, as she calls Elvira a bitch about 2 times a game and I have even heard the dreaded "C" word come out of her mouth a few times

Quoted from guitarded:

One of my friends is obsessed with EatPM. Have to drag her away from the thing.

I owned an EatPM years ago that I parked at my parents' house. It was about the only pin I've owned that my mom really clicked with. And the only one she'd go and play all by herself.

#98 4 years ago

My wife bought a Star Wars and a Star Trek with me. She also owns Creature and Monster Bash. She wants Harry Potter.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from MonicaLoco:

Pins like this! All the guys get their Elvira type pins and I would play the hell out of a Keanu pin. Guaranteed to make our ladies nights more interesting.[quoted image]

If we're putting that pin in our game room, I'm gonna find a new hobby, Monica.

#100 4 years ago

Listen to the Backbox pinball podcast, Lauren asks all of her guests what their dream theme and their grail pins are.

Quoted from ManyQuarters:

from what I’ve heard, the Hallmark, Harlequin and Women’s Channel romantic theme material

Hasn’t been mentioned once in thirty episodes.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-themes-that-women-want/page/2?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.