(Topic ID: 258588)

Pinball themes that Women want?

By RGR

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Margaritaville.jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    bingo-babes-2jpg-f52bd5a612a09776 (resized).jpg
    mel (resized).jpg
    52C999E4-1A2A-46DB-A3D0-1C8B4ED0FF55 (resized).jpeg
    supernatural-best-20-episodes (resized).jpg
    Homicide Hunter (resized).png
    9A6C0F08-7355-4BD6-BA51-515E6C65E89D (resized).jpeg
    733963_2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    C7843E7D-CCE3-46BC-8972-7914901DB2B9 (resized).jpeg
    Odin,_der_Göttervater (resized).jpg
    mkmkmkmkm (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Just curious to know from the female players that visit this forum, what themes would you like or do you like playing? Is it more about family friendly themes like Addams, Munsters, Shrek, MB? Would music themes apply like that of Kylie, Grease or a boy band? Would it make sense to have a theme of a physically attractive nature? Please comment also on what themes you would like to see that have not been done, and please also comment on what themes you find offensive and or cant stand playing eg: WNBJM

#2 4 years ago

My wife doesn’t play pinball, but loves shows like Gilmore girls, housewives of .... and house flipping. All themes I don’t want made into pins.

But it would be interesting to see some perspective on themes.

#3 4 years ago

My wife has no interest in my pins and BM66 drew her interest for a few games. She watched the show as a kid so that probably explains it.

#4 4 years ago

My wife would want something Disney related. I'd take a Mandorlian pin....she would love a baby Yoda topper.....

#5 4 years ago

My wife likes Baywatch, I sold it, she doesn’t play that much anymore, I need to get another one. She liked it “cause it has a lot going on”

#6 4 years ago

My wife is hyped for Rick & Morty

Her favorite game is Bram Stoker’s Dracula. She loves Gary Oldman.

#7 4 years ago

Although scantily clad women with big TaTa's from days of old all "Oh please save me mister" were commonplace and sold tickets back in the day, I dont find it offensive simply it is what it was...New machines are too P/correct for such tactics, I dont find a need to be attracted to certain boy bands.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My wife is hyped for Rick & Morty
    Her favorite game is Bram Stoker’s Dracula. She loves Gary Oldman.

Same for my wife. She loves Gary Oldman and BSD is her baby.

#9 4 years ago

My wife's favorite has always been Theatre of Magic. She really likes MET too, though not a fan of the band. Doubt she could name one song.

#10 4 years ago

My wife loves her bsd, would like a backstreet boys theme.

#11 4 years ago
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

My wife loves Eeyore from Winnie the poo, so I would have to go with that.

#13 4 years ago

So a pin like Aquaman would work since women love Jason Momoa? Is it about non threatening themes (fun or music) or something with a subtle sexual attraction?

mkmkmkmkm (resized).jpgmkmkmkmkm (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago

My wife says the princess bride. She also didn't say no when I suggested nightmare before Christmas

#15 4 years ago

Purchased X-files for my wife, she tends to gravitate towards the charming EM's in our line up though.

#16 4 years ago

My girl wants WOZ. But she would love to see a John Wick pin made.

#17 4 years ago
    Odin,_der_Göttervater (resized).jpgOdin,_der_Göttervater (resized).jpg
    #18 4 years ago

Just curious also since I think that males are mainly attracted to themes about Guns and Women. But for women is it also about sexual attraction to the same extent (just not as in your face) or is it more about pleasant, family, non-threatening....

#19 4 years ago

Funny
    My wife’s go to pin is Ripleys, she’s pretty good at picking up the better rule sets.

#20 4 years ago

Rocky Horror would appeal to everyone I think.

#21 4 years ago

My wife wants a John Wick pin.

#22 4 years ago

My wife enjoyed playing Cannon Lagoon when I had a P3, which was nice because after she was finished I could swap back to the Lexy Lightspeed playfield and enjoy some traditional pinball. Barnyard and Rocs were also a hit but those are easily switchable as they work with any playfield for the platform.

#23 4 years ago

A Hallmark Channel pin?

C7843E7D-CCE3-46BC-8972-7914901DB2B9 (resized).jpegC7843E7D-CCE3-46BC-8972-7914901DB2B9 (resized).jpeg
    #24 4 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

A Hallmark Channel pin?

Lifetime Channel. Pinball machines for women that think they are abused, whether they are or not.

#25 4 years ago

Harry Potter

#26 4 years ago

My wife’s favorite is Congo.

#27 4 years ago

OMG too funny not a single woman commented

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Even funnier a bunch of old married men trying to figure out what women want. lol.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Passave:

Although scantily clad women with big TaTa's from days of old all "Oh please save me mister" were commonplace and sold tickets back in the day, I dont find it offensive simply it is what it was...New machines are too P/correct for such tactics, I dont find a need to be attracted to certain boy bands.

Quoted from JY64:

Apparently Passave is a woman. I’ve noticed a majority of women on this site choose not to set their gender on their profile. So it defaults to the symbol of a man, which really is universal.

#30 4 years ago

I finally found my wife her grail pin a few years back...Fathom. She has always liked mermaids and I was more than happy to get one as it is my favorite early SS pin...win win!

#31 4 years ago

I figure over the last few years pinball has gotten pretty feminine anyway. Time for some manly themes.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Pins like this! All the guys get their Elvira type pins and I would play the hell out of a Keanu pin. Guaranteed to make our ladies nights more interesting.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #34 4 years ago

My live-in only plays Tee'd Off....loves the gopher topper and it's call outs.

#35 4 years ago

John Wick but no Jonny Mnemonic or Matrix?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from MonicaLoco:

Pins like this! All the guys get their Elvira type pins

At least you want young men on your game. I don't know about Keanu though.

#37 4 years ago

My wife thinks if anyone tried to make a pinball geared towards women it would be the biggest bomb in the history of pinball. She loves my Metallica, loves, Munsters, AFM, Monster Bash, MM, and many, many more. I am super intrigued to see what women would actually want, but my guess is that if women are already into pinball, they already have many games to be happy with.

That said, Magic Mike is going to be the next Stern.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Oh?...Excuse me?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

My wife thinks if anyone tried to make a pinball geared towards women it would be the biggest bomb in the history of pinball. She loves my Metallica, loves, Munsters, AFM, Monster Bash, MM, and many, many more. I am super intrigued to see what women would actually want, but my guess is that if women are already into pinball, they already have many games to be happy with.
    That said, Magic Mike is going to be the next Stern.

hmm the toy on Met and that of DP for that matter are more say.... friendly?

#40 4 years ago

My wife loves Maleficent so I would think that would be a cool theme for her. I also think if a Disney Evil Queen pin was made it would probably be a decent seller and a lot of lady pin heads would enjoy it.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

hmm the toy on Met and that of DP for that matter are more say.... friendly?

lol, maybe Metallica is a feminine game, she gets to sling steel balls in between a mans legs.... and gets rewarded for it!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

John Wick but no Jonny Mnemonic or Matrix?

My wife watches Wick at least once a month if not more. She just discovered Wick 3 on amazon prime so I guess we're watching Wick 3 tonight

#43 4 years ago

Housewives of Orange County.... the call outs would be x rated. Potty mouthed women of Orange County is more like it!

#44 4 years ago

I can't speak for all women, but I enjoy any pin that is fun, period. I don't care if there are women all over it, as long as it's a good player. In fact we're going to play tonight and the pin I want to play first is Elvira.
    I may not be typical, I don't know, but I hate Hallmark and that sappy stuff. I've always been more comfortable hanging out with guys, so the pinball male dominated world doesn't scare me. That's just me, it's a case by case I'm sure.
    -Chrissi

#45 4 years ago

Pinball should stick with their bread and butter themes for men running low on testosterone. Women's themes might be a little too macho for those that actually do the buying.

#46 4 years ago

My wife likes to say she likes pinball, but she only plays 1 or 2 games then never touches them again. She mostly likes them for the antique-ness and what looks pretty. The usual trope (and justly so) of women who just buy things to look at. :p She thought she wanted a WOZ but after playing it didn't like it.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

My wife likes to say she likes pinball, but she only plays 1 or 2 games then never touches them again. She mostly likes them for the antique-ness and what looks pretty. The usual trope (and justly so) of women who just buy things to look at. :p She thought she wanted a WOZ but after playing it didn't like it.

My wife hardly plays the X-files I purchased for her, it is a little to complicated for her taste and the ramp shots are tight.

As she puts it "I just want to flail around for a bit and not think about it too much" which sums up her style. We don't play against each other unless it is on the EM's as I know the SS rules well and just rack the scores. On the EM she has better chance of a win.

#48 4 years ago

Its not always what you would think it should be (shows how much we know), in the arcade world one would think ms pac man was number one with females, it wasnt. Centipede was.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Its not always what you would think it should be (shows how much we know), in the arcade world one would think ms pac man was number one with females, it wasnt. Centipede was.

Women go nuts for that game, not sure why. I mentioned I have a cocktail Centipede unit and the bookkeeper was like WHEN ARE YOU BRINGING THAT IN.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Just curious to know from the female players that visit this forum,

....and the guys man-splain what their wives like.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-themes-that-women-want/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.