(Topic ID: 96798)

Pinball themed poster from last night's Phish show.

By murdock

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by SpiffyRob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1401398_562029610535522_289606907_o.jpg
    IMG_264751152192745.jpeg
    IMG_263616592154427.jpeg
    90778.jpg
    phish.jpg
    photo-37.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpiffyRob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago

Ha, was wondering if a thread about the poster would show up.

Went to both shows at the Mann in Philly and had an amazing time. Hadn't seen them since IT in '03. First night was delayed two hours because of a crazy storm. They evacuated the lawn and terrace.

Haven't fallen in love with the new songs yet, but maybe I'll get there. Couldn't have asked for more from these shows though. Four songs from Rift (my favorite album), Hood, Tweezer, Mike's Groove, Antelope and my personal highlight, Crosseyed and Painless. Talking Heads may never play together again, but seeing Phish play it is almost as good.

#36 9 years ago

Waiting All Night is definitely the highlight of the album for me. Was disappointed they didn't play it at Mann, but based on the two versions I've heard from the tour thus far (Great Woods and SPAC) they need a little work on it before it shines in concert anyway.

Over the two shows, I heard everything from Fuego except for Waiting All Night and Wombat. Fuego, Sing Monica and 555 were my favorites. Fuego was used as a launchpad for a looooooong jam. I sort of assumed they'd jam out the fast part, but they actually played the whole song, composed, and then jammed starting at the end.

#44 9 years ago

Almost 2 decades.

2nding that Philly must just bring the ruckus: The nitrous mafia was out in full effect (wub wub wub) and the pavillion was a smokehouse both nights.

#47 9 years ago

Great shows the first two nights of Randall's. Streamed last night's, very awesome. Set openers were ACDC Bag and PYITE, also got a Rock and Roll cover. They also played Back on the Train and repeated the ending TWICE for some reason. Very funny, very fun.

And ANOTHER amazing Harry Hood. They're tightening the gaps between shows for their biggest classic jams, which I think is great. Means everyone gets to hear at least a couple.

1 month later
    #49 9 years ago

Bumpity bump bump bump, anyone going to west coast shows this fall? I'm heading to Vegas!

#51 9 years ago

None for me. Went 3 for 3 on Vegas, including floors for 10/31. Still not sure how I got so lucky.

Good luck funding what you need!

#54 9 years ago

So surely we should have a PHOF meetup, no?

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I'm 31, and I feel like I have grown out of the phish scene. I can still do a weekend every few years tho. =D

I am also 31. I hadn't seen them since IT in '03, and after two shows at Mann this summer, I am hooked anew. From what I gather, Summer 2014 was (arguably) the best they've been in the 3.0 era, so I guess I picked the right time.

To some extent, I feet like the scene has aged with me. Plenty of youngsters around, but on the whole everyone seems about the same distance from my age as they always have.

And I'm happy to brush off anyone who talks smack on Phish. I pity them for not having as much fun in life as they possibly could.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am in. 11/1 during the day would be good. Any idea on how early PHOF opens on saturday?

Looks like 11 am.

This will probably be the push I need to rent a car for the weekend. I've never been to Vegas before, but most experienced folks tell me it's good to have one, and I know it's pretty much necessary for PHOF.

2 years later
    #66 7 years ago

Waking Up Dead bump: Anyone going back to Vegas for Halloween?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpiffyRob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-themed-poster-from-last-nights-phish-show?tu=SpiffyRob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.