Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by boomer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

THE_DEADLY_SPAWN_art_uk_tsm.jpg
    rarebit.jpg
    fs_little-nemo-1906-05-06.jpg
    gears.jpg
    PinkyJr.jpg
    c.jpg
    th_Lebowski.jpg
    Big_Trouble_In_Little_China.jpg
    german-u-boat-night.jpg
    B5_2.jpg
    beavis-butt-head-20100714-153552.jpg
    Purgatorio-Arachne.jpg
    where-the-wild-things-are_2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    mad-pinball.jpg
    Quests_with_Guns.jpg

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

You know me. I like the old stuff. FORBIDDEN PLANET would be outstanding! Robby the Robot, spaceship, Id Monster, beautiful girl. AFM on steroids! Or WAR OF THE WORLDS...the good George Pal one! Same thing...super-cool manta spaceships, Martians. Or THE Time Machine...again George Pal....Time Machine, Morlocks, beautiful women. 3 NIB's for meeeee!

Already working on that with John Trudeau. Nearly flipping time, wiring at the moment...

read about it in this report:
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/southcoastslam2011/index.html

#102 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
    "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Dyin' time's here" - Dr. Dealgood
    Don't forget the Feral Kid (a lot of them around here in Australia)

Attachments
    PinkyJr.jpg (16.1 KB, 0 downloads) 2 days old

Nice made me laugh literaly out loud.
    Round up the feral kids now if they make mad max you can use them as toppers and mods.
    I wonder if Ebay will fudge the rules if we list them as mods.
    I want one up on top of the pinball with two flashlights like 20th century fox =-)

#103 12 years ago

I think "Pink Floyd" could make a great theme....could do something like "The Wall".Endless possabilities of tripyness

#104 12 years ago

Trailer Park Boys theme ?

#105 12 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

spfxted said:

You know me. I like the old stuff. FORBIDDEN PLANET would be outstanding! Robby the Robot, spaceship, Id Monster, beautiful girl. AFM on steroids! Or WAR OF THE WORLDS...the good George Pal one! Same thing...super-cool manta spaceships, Martians. Or THE Time Machine...again George Pal....Time Machine, Morlocks, beautiful women. 3 NIB's for meeeee!
    Already working on that with John Trudeau. Nearly flipping time, wiring at the moment...
    read about it in this report:
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/southcoastslam2011/index.html

PLEASE keep me posted about this. If you need any info or photos from FP, I have a vast collection. Don't forget Robby and Saucer Toys.....

#106 12 years ago

What is the ultimate goal for the Forbidden Planet machine? How many are you going to make? Does Robby light up? ....ya think I'm excited??

#107 12 years ago

the ultimate in 'missed the boat already' pins.. Monty Python.

MM is similar to Holy grail though.

#108 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What is the ultimate goal for the Forbidden Planet machine? How many are you going to make? Does Robby light up? ....ya think I'm excited??

Goal is to make 1 which would travel all of the shows. May make 5 eventually for the team. Ultimatley, the OS will be released open source. It's currently running in Linux, programmed in Python and is controlling a pin2000 board.
    Been in development hell for the last year due to other team commitments but we're getting there!

#109 12 years ago

I think the most obvious missed opportunity was Harry Potter. Could have been relevant on location for 10+ years. Personally, though I thought that The Matrix would have made the best game.

Morpheus: "Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."

Launch the ball followed and start off in The Matrix, but have the ability to switch to real world with the telephone bunker shot. After first Bunker Shot: (flashers) followed by (darkness)…

Neo: "Why do my eyes hurt?"
    Morpheus: "You've never used them before."

Modes and toys...

Sentinal (Figure): Similar to Attack from Mars, but also used to start a timed multiball.
    Upload Data: Neo: "I know kung fu."
    EMP: Power the EMP by hitting the pop-bumpers.
    Agent Multiball: Three ball multiball
    Twin Multiball: Two ball multiball
    Bullet Dodge - Send balls whizzing down the loops past the Neo figure.

#110 12 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

spfxted said:

Goal is to make 1 which would travel all of the shows. May make 5 eventually for the team. Ultimatley, the OS will be released open source. It's currently running in Linux, programmed in Python and is controlling a pin2000 board.
    Been in development hell for the last year due to other team commitments but we're getting there!

Er.....don't you mean, Make 6....just sayin'...

#111 12 years ago

Scooby Doo

#112 12 years ago

I'd like to see another Zombie theme, but something (way) south of $10k.

Robert

#113 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

My other offering is Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy...

If I hit Mega Millions tonight, it is a guaranteed fact that I will commission Ben and JPop to build me a custom Hitchhiker's pin.

#114 12 years ago

Gears of War could be a cool pin. Lambent multiball!

gears.jpggears.jpg

#115 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Personally, though I thought that The Matrix would have made the best game.

If you JUST keep it to the first movie I watched some of the 3rd one the other and had to keep watching because of how bad it was. Embaressing.

#116 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If you JUST keep it to the first movie [] I watched some of the 3rd one the other and had to keep watching because of how bad it was. Embaressing.

I agree, the first movie was the best, but there are some cool parts in the second and third that could be used. I mean just the mechs used in the attack and defense of Zion would make amazing pinball toys. Beyond that meeting The Architect could be a turning point in the game, where the player can choose which path he wants to follow. I think you could use the basic "theme" of the movies and have some artistic license with the machine. Another, idea would be to have your machine, literally, play the roll of Deus Ex Machina. First you're battling your machine and then your working together to defeat the Agent Smith virus which is taking control of your machine, I would picture this mode to be chaotic. Maybe something like The Power in The Addam's Family.

#117 12 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I agree, the first movie was the best, but there are some cool parts in the second and third that could be used ...

I liked the second movie as much, if not more than the first. The third one didn't compare to the first two.

#118 12 years ago

Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

#119 12 years ago

I like a lot of the ideas here...
    Evil Dead
    Hitchhikers Guide
    Time Bandits (or a Monty Python Theme)
    Pink Floyd
    Battlestar Galactica
    Phantasm*
    The Munsters

...I would add

Hellraiser
    The Doors
    Grease
    Night Gallery
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    King Diamond Abigail theme
    GWAR
    a new Haunted House theme with LCD interaction
    Cheech & Chong

#120 12 years ago

Bioshock. Or Baseball.

#121 12 years ago

Just saw Hugo, and man, that would be an amazing pin.

#122 12 years ago

George Pal's Time Machine.

#123 11 years ago

I have an Idea! DJ Theamed pinball machine! The players gets to create there own music by hitting targets, ramps, etc. My vote for artists... @Skrillex and/or @FluxPavilion! If you like the idea, reTweet my tweet @IowaPinball

-Aaron
    Iowa Pinball Club

#124 11 years ago

The Dark Crystal. If they did a remake.

#125 11 years ago

I didn't read the entire post... sorry, I will...
    but I'm thinking a PLANET OF THE APES would be kinda cool
    let me go see if someone else listed that yet

#126 11 years ago

Tintin - comics or movie actually.
    Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead
    Resident Evil - game
    Street Fighter - definitely game
    Futurama
    The Simpsons - it's been 10 years!
    Any 2D animated Disney film - Alice in Wonderland, Pinnocchio, Aladdin, etc.
    Any Pixar film except Cars or Cars 2
    South Park
    Halo
    Gears of War
    James Bond - 60s retro or modern
    GI Joe - cartoon
    Ninja Turtles - new movie coming out!
    Star Trek
    Star Wars - it has been 13 years, 15 years, 20 years, and 31 years since the last Star Wars pins.
    Lego
    Metal Gear Solid
    Someone mentioned LA Noire, which would be cool, but why not the Godfather?

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

A submarine based pin setting during WWII hunting german u-boats would awesome!

Actually, this has been done already (heck, what hasn't been done....).

Nuova Bell made U-Boat 65 back in '88. That being said, a new game with this theme could be cool.

#128 11 years ago

Scooby Doo
    Beavis and Butthead
    Alice in Wonderland (creepy version, as in American McGee's "Alice")
    DuckTales (or some other great Disney cartoon)
    The Mummy
    Haunted Mansion (or something similar)
    The Munsters

#129 11 years ago

Other than a Hellraiser pin, I'd love a Little Nemo theme. Not the kids film that came out in the 90's but the original stuff by Winsor McCay. In my imagination, the playfield would look amazing. A cool follow up theme would be from the Dream of the Rarebit Fiend.

fs_little-nemo-1906-05-06.jpgfs_little-nemo-1906-05-06.jpg rarebit.jpgrarebit.jpg

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

The Simpsons - it's been 10 years!

I think TSPP is great enough, it's in the top 20 on Pinside 100. No need for another one.

#131 11 years ago

Another 'missed the boat' theme: Ren & Stimpy. Imagine a multiball where it was continuously singing Happy Happy Joy Joy.

#132 11 years ago

I love the Hellraiser idea. I also think the Blue Man group could be an interesting theme as well. If you've never seen them, do yourself a favor and go to Vegas and check them out.

#133 11 years ago

Love some of the earlier mentions...

The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Big Lebowski
    Battlestar Galactica
    Scooby Doo
    Speed Racer
    The Walking Dead

I would add...

The Big Bang Theory
    Starblazers (I.E. Space Battleship Yamato)
    Breaking Bad
    Shameless
    Game of Thrones

Just my $.02

#134 11 years ago

Munsters might be cool, if not to close to Monster Bash. Maybe Deadly Spawn??

#135 11 years ago

Deadly Spawn

THE_DEADLY_SPAWN_art_uk_tsm.jpgTHE_DEADLY_SPAWN_art_uk_tsm.jpg

#136 11 years ago

Oh dear God Futurama would be incredible.

Tilt quote: "PINBALL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!"

Blernsball multiball is a given.

Match sequence can be Fry's dog at the end of Jurassic Bark. Yeah, I went there.

#137 11 years ago

One of my favorite shows is Spartacus. I think that would make an awesome pin. You can have the Arena, and a lower playfield for the pits.

#138 11 years ago

Anything horror related, would catch my attention.

#139 11 years ago

Yes! Alien vs Predator would have been good.
    Another Monster Bash-like machine with a variety of monsters.
    Classic 50's Monsters.
    All the Classic Robots! Robby, Gort, etc.
    It's not brain surgery...look at most of the more popular machines...sci-fi and fantasy. Attack From Mars, Monster Bash, Twilight Zone, Adams Family. Wizard of Oz...they just gotta give us what we want....easy!

#140 11 years ago

On the bright side, it seems as though they may be listening. I know JPOP sure is. I'm anxious to see how that is gonna turn out.

#141 11 years ago

Opening Day for Major League Baseball is today. I can see Stern do a MLB pin with the 32 teams on their own backglass. That would be cool.

#143 11 years ago

I think my top pin theme ideas would be these:

-Always Sunny in Philadelphia: You could collect the characters leading up to a Nightman Wizard Mode
    -WWE: As much as I complain about their product (support Indy wrestling!), I would love to see a new pin come out from their license.
    -Monty Python: whether it is based on Holy Grail or just the show itself, this would be awesome
    -Three Stooges: Mentioned before, but I love them so much I have to put it out there.
    -Pokemon: I know, my inner child is screaming for this one, but I would still play it all day if it was a pin
    -Amazing Race: All the elements for a good pin seem to be there, in my opinion

#144 11 years ago

I'd also like to se a re-make of a Creature From the Black Lagoon machine as I'm not a big fan.

#145 11 years ago

None of these are current and they certainly show my age, but a lot of the best ideas have already been mentioned(Zombies, the Matrix, etc.) so here goes:

Hogan's Heroes - lots of missions to complete and some cool characters and one-liners. And who didn't want to have a tunnel going out of their house that exited through a tree stump?

Caddyshack - competing for tips, trying to blow up rodents, Baby Ruth in the pool - but it would only be good if the voices of Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield were included. "Noonan!"

Saturday Night Live - some fun ideas with all of the stars and skits over the years.

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-theme/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.