By tankpinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kill Bill pic.jpg
    image-380.jpg
    220px-Kill_bill_vol_one_ver.jpg
    image-504.jpg
    image-197.jpg
    image-536.jpg
    image.jpg
    DW10_059_New_Monsters.jpg
    260214twfb.jpg
    thhgttg260214fb.jpg
    girl-tank-machine-gun-snow.jpg
    image-11[1].jpg
    photo.JPG
    photo (1).JPG

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Anyone have some good theme ideas for a great pin? heres some i came up with
    MIB (men in black)-the goal would be to advance through MIB training to become the best of the best, as well as monitoring extraterrestrial life on earth.
    Halo- based on the hit video game franchise on the XBOX, the goal would be to strategically win the war against the covenant aliens.
    Aerosmith- the goal would be to rush the aerosmith band to the concert by completing various songs and instruments to get to the wizard mode as well as completing band members
    Touchdown!- a football themed pin, you could choose offense or defense prior to launching the ball. on defense you can rush the quarterback moving target [just like AFM ] and on offense you can run the ball on various play modes to score a touchdown.
    super smash bros.- on this pin, the primary objective is to defeat all fighters and bosses to get to the final smash wizard mode(just like in Super smash bros. Brawl )
    Also, Dave and Busters should really make a deal with a pinball company to exclusively have a new game at D and B. Not just pinball is coming back, but dave and busters is marketed towards adults and the vast majority of pinheads are adults. So why not make a new pin there?

#2 5 years ago

?

#4 5 years ago

Exclusive deals have never really worked out. During the video fad years manufacturers approached McDonalds, Burger King, etc. to make a game custom to their stores and fell on deaf ears. No interest.

Since D&B doesn't have pins, probably even less likely to happen.

LTG : )™

#5 5 years ago

Game of Thrones

#6 5 years ago

The 4 horseman of the apocalypse

#7 5 years ago

? - PINK FLOYD.

#9 5 years ago

Two gun kid, just model it after cactus canyon

#11 5 years ago

Firefly, first you have to assemble the crew, then you have a series of jobs. Finally you destroy the alliance.

#12 5 years ago

Oh! Oh! I got it!

Pinside! With "10k by Christmas" Wizard Mode and "centerflank" Frenzy! Sure to be a hit with forum readers and pinball players alike!

#13 5 years ago

The Three Stooges - I'd enjoy the myriad of clips from all the classic shorts on the new LCD technology!

#14 5 years ago

I would be all over a Beavis and Butthead pin had they made one in the day! Imagine the possibilities for callouts and toys. They could have a Cornholio hole... err... saucer, 80s and 90s video clips playing on the DMD... endless 12 year old humor! hehehehe... he said multiball

#15 5 years ago

underworld
    hellboy
    300 spartans
    roger rabbit
    fringe
    breaking bad
    hunchback of notre dame
    the inhumans
    guardians of the galaxy
    silver surfer and galactus
    etc etc etc

#16 5 years ago

Portal for the Glados call outs.

#17 5 years ago

a pinball machine about pinball machines...
    knock down the m-u-l-t-i-b-a-l-l drop targets for multi ball
    hit the ramp to spell R-A-M-P

#18 5 years ago

How about The Hunger Games.? You would probably get some younger kids playing.

#19 5 years ago

Breasts & bacon

#20 5 years ago

Stooges- +1
    Beavis and Butthead- +1

-The original 'Evil Dead'. Funny, freaky, and has a cult like following??

But still 'Pink Floyd' would be first on my list.. That would be a beauty!, Crazy art, crazy layout.. Floyd........

Gonna go enjoy a Floyd bootleg vinyl now as a matter of fact.. Cheers

photo (1).JPG photo.JPG
    #21 5 years ago

Who would design said Floyd pin? Agree it has a lot of potential, but the complexity of their work would be hard to translate fully. Do you stick with DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall and completely ignore Meddle and Animals? The Final Cut is a genius album by my standards, yet there would be no chance of anything off of that making the cut. Add Saucerful, Piper, Atom, UG...yes it would be a great theme, but you have too many hardcore fans to make it palatable for most of them...

#22 5 years ago

Corpse bride based on the awesome Tim burton movie.

#23 5 years ago

Adventure Time would be good. Would be another hard one to pull off though, so much good material.

There would be so much innuendo that adult fans of the show get that is over the heads of their children, yet the children would be clamoring to play it. At least that's the way I see it...

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Adventure Time would be good. Would be another hard one to pull off though, so much good material.
    There would be so much innuendo that adult fans of the show get that is over the heads of their children, yet the children would be clamoring to play it. At least that's the way I see it...

Adventure time would be awesome! I mean, it's no 50 years of Mustang, but still good. /sarcasm

#25 5 years ago

My Pinball wish is Blade Runner. The movie drags a bit, but lots of cool one liners, make for cool toys, and wouldn't be difficult to create objectives for the game. They could still include "Centerflank Frenzy"......lol

#26 5 years ago

One of the best ideas I came up with has since turned into a real possibility: the Muppets.

In general, I seem like a lot of ideas that many on here don't. Wizard of Oz is an excellent example.

The other ideas I had are equally cartoonish/childish/whatever, but I think they'd just be awesome: Sesame Street, Alice in Wonderland, Dr. Seuss...

If I had to pick one: Dr. Seuss. There are more awesome possibilities than I could ever imagine.

#27 5 years ago

STARWARS. This will be the ONE pin that is the big seller, you hardly alienate anyone and your demographic is measured by generations.......not age brackets.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Who would design said Floyd pin? Agree it has a lot of potential, but the complexity of their work would be hard to translate fully. Do you stick with DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall and completely ignore Meddle and Animals? The Final Cut is a genius album by my standards, yet there would be no chance of anything off of that making the cut. Add Saucerful, Piper, Atom, UG...yes it would be a great theme, but you have too many hardcore fans to make it palatable for most of them...

I would simply turn on 'Saucerful Of Secrets'., on max vol, on repeat, in a locked shop and let the the guys get to work.. Ha.., I really didn't think too deeply about it, I would trade a kidney for that pin if it was available though.

-I agree about making the fans happy, but.., they are Floyd fans, and any Floyd is good Floyd in my book!

KQED SF show (vinyl) on now.. Ahhhhh..

Cheers!

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

STARWARS. This will be the ONE pin that is the big seller, you hardly alienate anyone and your demographic is measured by generations.......not age brackets.

There are several Star Wars pins out there. The last one didn't work out so well for Williams.

As for unoriginal themes:

Metropolis - keep the cabinet artwork in sepia tone, warm lights for illumination. Art Deco art. Minimal to no speech call outs, instead, using title cards on the DMD. Could be beautiful if done well.

Godzilla - based on the Japanese films. Maybe have a sinking building like the prototype Earthshakers. Play as the military, upgrade your weapons to take down Godzilla/Mothra/whoever.

Original Themes:

Seven Summits - conquer the seven summits around the world. Mountain climbing theme. Hurry ups are based on oxygen levels. Avalanche and Mountain Goat Multiball mayhem. If I was a little smarter and good at graphic design, I'd try to build one myself.

#30 5 years ago

maybe mentioned but. ALIENS2 and TITANIC

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

Based on Darkside of the Moon ....the machine writes itself
    Time, money , life - death - hope

Actually stuff it I'll make me own.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

You could make allusions to the various albums. I doubt you'd get the entirety of a song like Dogs or Sheep, but the sampled barking of the dogs or the sheeps bleating could definitely make it in. Likewise, I doubt you'd hear Echoes, but the pinging sounds could make for good sound effects. It would probably be best to do the 1970s Floyd line-up, just for the mass appeal, though Astronomy Domine would make some really swell multiball music.

As much as I like The Final Cut, an album I love dearly, it's divisive enough among fans and doesn't really fit well with what many see as classic Floyd. And for the same reason, I wouldn't want there to be much focus on anything off of Momentary Lapse of Reason or Division Bell.

It's hard to imagine a unified visual motif, both Gerard Scarfe's imagery and Storm Thorgerson's art is memorable, but they don't mesh well together.

#33 5 years ago

You know what I always wondered would work, advertising to offset the cost of a pin making it more apt to be routed if it were sold cheaper or the operator got ad money from eyeballs (how many plays). Imagine if williams actually got a kickback for rollergames for the ads in the inserts?
    image-11[1].jpg

Wasn't Jersey jack supposed to be experimenting with this in attract mode, plays advertising clips?

#34 5 years ago

I like music themed pins and comic book hero pins but tired of them.

Yoour Pinside name "tank pinball" gave me the idea, what about a war theme/WWII?

girl-tank-machine-gun-snow.jpg

#35 5 years ago

Call of Duty

#36 5 years ago

They should do a new South Park pin.

How bout a pin on 2 of my favorite movies. The original Jaws movie or The Warriors? Boy, when the Warriors came out, brawls broke out all over the country after coming out of the theatre. Resurrect the madness in pin form!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Harvs:

I would trade a kidney for that pin if it was available though.

I'd likely throw in a testicle as well.

Quoted from roffels:

As much as I like The Final Cut, an album I love dearly, it's divisive enough among fans and doesn't really fit well with what many see as classic Floyd. And for the same reason, I wouldn't want there to be much focus on anything off of Momentary Lapse of Reason or Division Bell.

Agree on that, The Final Cut is really a Waters solo album compared to their earlier 'collaborative' work. It is however one of my favorite records along with Pros and Cons, Amused to Death...

Regarding Momentary and Division, I wouldn't want anything from either album included. No Roger, no dice.

I guess my point was that it would be a dream theme for me yes, but I am such a big fan that I would likely never be completely satisfied because ' this or that' was left out. My own personality flaw...

#38 5 years ago

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These machines are not just on my wish list I fully intend to build them ...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have indicated earlier ; Darkside of the Moon ( serious theme ) I hear the Prism and RGB lighting calling me ....!
    I agree It would be tough for fans to cope if their favorite Album/Song wasn't used but people are divided on Pinball no matter what .

Spinal Tap (awesome comical theme ) In the end will probably go Number #1 in Japan

Fight Club ( funny + serious + sexy + violent )

For now though I will concentrate on The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Current build ( 2014 )
    thhgttg260214fb.jpg

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy

Previous build Tumbleweed ( 2013 )
    On-site at Pizza'n'Pinball collecting coin

260214twfb.jpg

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbleweed-pinball

#39 5 years ago

M*A*S*H* or GTA ( Grand Theft Auto ) would be great . . .

#40 5 years ago

Wow! I can belive no one has started a thread like this before!

#41 5 years ago

I would love to see a Doctor Who based off the new series. Plenty of new monsters, weeping angles and could have Amy, Rory and the doctor.

DW10_059_New_Monsters.jpg
    #42 5 years ago

Some say movie themed pinnies have become tiresome but I think there's room for at least one more... The Blues Brothers would be awesome.
    Getting the band back together, Illinois Nazis, Driving through a mall multiball, collecting the 3 orange whips, another multiball involving trashing as many police cars as possible, the list is long.
    Great music to play with and even better one liners!
    who wants one?

#43 5 years ago

Blade Runner, The Running Man, Aliens, the list is long and that's just movies. What about video game's like GTA, Darksiders, they did make a Street Fighter so Mortal Kombat. Too many cool themes to name.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dante:

I would love to see a Doctor Who based off the new series. Plenty of new monsters, weeping angles and could have Amy, Rory and the doctor.

DW10_059_New_Monsters.jpg 249 KB

OKAY! +1 Who should I make the check out to?

#45 5 years ago

Twisted Metalimage.jpgimage-536.jpgimage-197.jpg

#46 5 years ago

Would love to see Futurama or Daft Punk. But what about a non licensed theme? How about ... I dunno, a cruise ship? Which reminds me that Fifth Element would be a great fit, too.

#47 5 years ago

I can't seem to think of one...

#48 5 years ago

Cheech and Chong?

#49 5 years ago

I like this idea. Cant get enough of this theme.

image-504.jpg
    #50 5 years ago

Kill Bill vol. 1&2

Each mode would be the snake each assassin is named after(Coppermouth,Cottonhead,Sidewinder,California Mountain Snake etc.
    Kiddo (aka Black Mamba) battles through until the end when she reaches "Black Mamba" mode and at last is able to "Kill Bill".
    The soundtrack is unmatched by most, if not all of the above mentioned movie titles IMO.
    This only adds to the drama and excitement of an already awesome theme! Boom! confetti falls
    220px-Kill_bill_vol_one_ver.jpg Kill Bill pic.jpg)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside