9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by patwells
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GalacticaShip.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Finally got around to watching this show. Just fantastic writing and lots of great storylines. While I would love to see new non-licensed titles, I think this could make a great pinball theme. There could be some great callouts. Heck, perhaps I'll just build one of my own.

I can imagine several great modes: The Final Five, Gaeta's mutiny, New Caprica Rebellion, One-eyed-Tigh, the list could go on and on.

GalacticaShip.jpgGalacticaShip.jpg

#2 9 years ago

5-10 years ago, it may have been the perfect time while the show was still airing, but I think the ship has sailed on this one

[edit]: Another thread on this topic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dream-theme-battlestar-galactica

Post edited by ForceFlow: found another thread on this

#3 9 years ago

Yup, would have made a great theme. But, with that show long since over, commercially it wouldn't have much of a market. So, if someone wanted to do a one-off custom for themselves, it would be fantastic. Sadly, not much otherwise...

I've thought about doing it myself, but time just doesn't permit...

Jaz

#4 9 years ago

yeah i was kind of pissed this one ended; was really good. Helix currently airing is from the same guy, and I like it ok but it's not going to be popular, too off center

#5 9 years ago

It would have been a great theme. I'm still trying to understand why they made the Galactica look like a giant dustbuster

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

It would have been a great theme. I'm still trying to understand why they made the Galactica look like a giant dustbuster

Because it was modeled after the original Galactica from the original series (1978). That came out before the Dustbuster (1979)...

Jaz

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Finally got around to watching this show.

Better late than never! One of my favorite series ever. If you are into boardgames at all the Battlestar Galactica game from Fantasy Flight games is an awesome deduction/back stabbing game for 4+ people. Kinda complicated but worth the effort if you are a fan of the show.

#8 9 years ago

Mother fraqqer... I would be so in if they did make this....but I agree....the ship has sailed on this one

5 years later
    #9 3 years ago

4 years of the newer installment. , 2 years of the older show and not 1 pinball .... PEACOCK is going to run new material. NOW , is the time !! 12 colonies sounds like targets in an area of playfield. Starbucks artwork drawn on wall in her apt. sounds like artwork for back board . Jump to hyperspace sounds like a high point multiball mode. Menacing older series cylon centurion speech directives could introduce higher scoring opportunities . A launch of viper craft down launch tube sounds like a target lane somewhere on board that captures ball till video screen shoots viper out side of ship then ball ejects up onto wire run down to flippers .. Hey Stern or Jersey Jack ... this sounds easy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-theme-battlestar-galactica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.