(Topic ID: 163076)

Pinball techs near Binghamton, NY?

By BenTheCartoon

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenTheCartoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Are there any pinball techs (or very knowledgable hobbyists) that are within reasonable driving distance to Binghamton, NY?
I am out of my depth with trying to fix a 1990 WPC Dr. Dude, and I need someone who knows their stuff to look at it and diangnose/repair it. Any suggestions or offers appreciated.
I am not going to attempt any further self-repair on the machine, so please only advise me on who or where to go to for outside help. Thank you in advance.

#3 7 years ago

Upon startup, it starts automatically scrolling through the test report/adjustment menu, and does not respond to button presses. I can't get the game itself to play. It also claims to be missing pinballs when they are all present. I've uploaded a video here.

As a bit of history, it used to have problems with randomly resetting, A friend of mine discovered a bad connection with one of the wires and replaced it, along with some burned out connectors and header pins. It no longer has that reset problem. Doing a bit of minor maintenance, I replaced some bulbs and it was still functioning at that point. I then adjusted the switch underneath the Gift of Gab, and replaced the drop target springs, and then this problem occurred.

I've had various suggestions as to what the cause could be, including checking for shorts on the gift of gab switch, ball trough and drop target opto board. I couldn't find any. The batteries are new and there is no corrosion damage on the CPU. I have unplugged the coin door as well as J205 and the rest of the bottom row of the CPU with no changes in performance. The game was off while I was working on it, and I am very inexperienced when it comes to anything more than the most minor maintenance, and this is beyond my comfort level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenTheCartoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-techs-near-binghamton-ny?tu=BenTheCartoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.