Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bakerman
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E9C45FC8-7B2B-4DE4-B224-C34612714A48 (resized).jpeg
    QBQ83478324856 (resized).jpg
    paid (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

Not everyone gets mad at prices. This isn't directly pinball related, but I used to run a PC repair company on the side - I'd go to your house and help clean up your computer, recommend upgrades, patch the systems, whatever. I had one woman (she was probably in her 60s) call me just panicked because she lost all of her email, including pictures from her kids. I told her I wasn't sure I could do anything, but I'd take a look. We never discussed price.

I drive out to her place, about a 20 minute drive, she shows me her computer and then says to let her know what I find out, and she leaves the room. I load Outlook and in about 10 seconds, realize all she did was drag the slider on the inbox so that it was pushed up against the top of the screen. I just had to click and drag the line down so she could see all of her messages... And then I sat there, wondering what I should do... I didn't want to leave the room and say "it's fixed" after 10 seconds, because that seems a little insulting... So I cleaned up a couple of other things on her computer while I waited, and after about 5-10 minutes, went out and told her it's fixed, all of her email is fine, and I explained what happened so she could fix it if it happened again. She was SOOO excited and asked how much she owed. I felt bad, so told her $10 (because I really did feel bad for her on this one - I'm a terrible businessman). She literally got mad at me, stormed out of the room, and I'm thinking, "Geez, $10 is too much?!". I then hear her talking to her husband, "He fixed our email and it's all there. Can you believe he's charging $10?! That's not nearly enough! Write him a check for $50!". Oh, that was unexpected...

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Yuck! Home users. When I started my IT company in 2004, I primarily worked with home users. I’ve since fired almost all of them. Home users suck!

Yeah, I only did it foe a year or two and it was all word of mouth. It got boring quick.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tech-pay-?tu=Fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.