(Topic ID: 323812)

Pinball tech in Collingwood Ontario area?

By Bluemtn

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I've recently come into possession of a 1972 Williams Fan-Tas-Tic unit. It largely works except for the lights in the backbox (all lights out). I'm not quite ready to take the leap and start figuring this out myself, and am hoping to get someone in who can take a look. I've tried Dave Astill, but unfortunately he doesn't do older EM machines.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluemtn:

I've recently come into possession of a 1972 Williams Fan-Tas-Tic unit. It largely works except for the lights in the backbox (all lights out). I'm not quite ready to take the leap and start figuring this out myself, and am hoping to get someone in who can take a look. I've tried Dave Astill, but unfortunately he doesn't do older EM machines.

there is a dedicated fuse to the backbox lights... check fuse and twist fuse in the holder. and the other potential... jones plug, with the game on move the jones plugs in and out slightly.

A couple of easy peasy things to look at.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

there is a dedicated fuse to the backbox lights... check fuse and twist fuse in the holder. and the other potential... jones plug, with the game on move the jones plugs in and out slightly.
A couple of easy peasy things to look at.

Thanks for the info! New to the group and still feeling my way around. And I had to google what a jones plug is . Will try that later today.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluemtn:

Thanks for the info! New to the group and still feeling my way around. And I had to google what a jones plug is . Will try that later today.

there other thing too to look at, are the jones plugs inserted correctly? Most games have two plugs from the bottom into the head. A small number of games have plugs with the same pin count on the two plugs leading to the two connectors in the wrong sockets... always good to validate wire colors on 3 or 4 of the leads on either side of the coupling.

We are here to help and will try not to bite your newbie head off

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

there other thing too to look at, are the jones plugs inserted correctly? Most games have two plugs from the bottom into the head. A small number of games have plugs with the same pin count on the two plugs leading to the two connectors in the wrong sockets... always good to validate wire colors on 3 or 4 of the leads on either side of the coupling.
We are here to help and will try not to bite your newbie head off

Great leads! 15A fuse for backbox lights was clearly blown - replaced it, played, and no further issues with the fuse, but still no lights. Unplugged/cleaned/replaced backbox jones plugs (there are 3 main ones, all different sizes). Tiny bit of progress - 3 of the lights now work. Inspected a few other random bulbs and they are either burned out or dodgy looking, so I'll replace all of those. I assume some electrical issue in the unit's past would explain the fuse and possibly the numerous blown bulbs. Hoping I'm on my way. Thanks again for indulging a newbie!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluemtn:

Great leads! 15A fuse for backbox lights was clearly blown - replaced it, played, and no further issues with the fuse, but still no lights. Unplugged/cleaned/replaced backbox jones plugs (there are 3 main ones, all different sizes). Tiny bit of progress - 3 of the lights now work. Inspected a few other random bulbs and they are either burned out or dodgy looking, so I'll replace all of those. I assume some electrical issue in the unit's past would explain the fuse and possibly the numerous blown bulbs. Hoping I'm on my way. Thanks again for indulging a newbie!

Yea, the sockets and bulbs corrode over time. You may have to replace some of those sockets but yea replace all the bulbs...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tech-in-collingwood-ontario-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.