13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by lli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

So, I was just playing my Johnny Mnemonic when the glove kept going all the way forward. I cleaned up the wiring yesterday, so I figured I maybe pinched something or something shorted. I had also replaced the X & Y nut yesterday. so maybe I had some cut or touching wires. I went over all my plugs, removed all my tie wraps checked everything over and over.

WTF! multi meter out checking all the limit switches, opto switches, plugs. I checked everything!

Well I finally checked the cabinet button, as it finally came to me that it could be the problem, and guess what.... The leafs were touching. A tiny bend and problem solved.
    @#$%$#@

About 2 hours wasted on a 10 second fix. Why do you never think of the simple things first?

#2 13 years ago

LOL ... it's the way we are ... I often get people at work on things by asking them if the fuse is shorted

#3 13 years ago

That's pretty funny erak, nice job finding out in only a couple of hours, sometimes it can take me days to work out the most easiest of fixes. Always the simple things that get overlooked.

#4 13 years ago

And it is a terrible saying, but: "you always find things in the last place you look..." Same applies here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-stupidity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.