• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello All!
This will (I think?) be my first official post, but I've been reading so much lately that I feel at home already Just picked up my first pinball and it happens to be from what I can tell an all original machine meaning it will need standard refurbishing before I put it thought it's laurels. My question more or less has to do with pinsound in general as I feel this issue is not directly related to the title game. The game plays fine and both boards show the proper #of LED blinks, but the sound is a bit wonky. What I mean here, is that when the game starts up, you hear pings and pongs but no actual crazy sounds like this particular game makes. Check out the sounds on this tables as they are quite in your face Anyhow, imagine the sound the game makes when you drop a coin in...but a few variations of that. I'm curious if just those 'types' of sounds (mechanical?) are separate from the ROM sounds which I feel I'm getting none of. I have ordered another DAC as the cap was still in place and could have fried part of the DAC. I say part because if I take it out, I get no sounds at all, but toss it back in and those pings and pongs throughout the game stay. The sounds actually seem to be in line with the game as ball strikes and other mechanics trigger the different pings and pongs, but again...no rom stuff. Any ideas? I could toss a vid up if it's more helpful.

-Brandon

#2 5 years ago

You may check the manual and check sound settings. They need to be set to 3 on bally games. You may have a low battery as this will cause the settings to corrupt and show described symptoms.

#3 5 years ago

Ahh! Thank you for the tip! I have no battery as the one in the system was toast and have ordered a coin batt system for safer replacement. I will check the settings and manual. Very big help. I will report back.

#4 5 years ago

Ran outside and set to 3 and bam!!!! So much in my face sound! That was all that was needing to be ‘fixed.’ So happy with your advice and my purchase. Can I buy you a beer?

3 months later
#5 4 years ago

I just got a strange science, and my sound crackles and buzzes sometimes. Any suggestions?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just got a strange science, and my sound crackles and buzzes sometimes. Any suggestions?

Turn the pots on the sound board up and down a few times set them back to where there originally were. Mine would crackle, cut out, and get very loud momentarily and turning the pots to "clean" them was the fix. Just make sure to set them back were they were.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Turn the pots on the sound board up and down a few times set them back to where there originally were. Mine would crackle, cut out, and get very loud momentarily and turning the pots to "clean" them was the fix. Just make sure to set them back were they were.

I moved them around, but i am not sure where they are supposed to be set.
I heard some ballys are supposed to be set on 3?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-strange-science-sound-issue?hl=brandonlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.