Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Roostking
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Put game on timer while away for a year, yes or no.”

• Yez 0 votes
    • No 6 votes
      50%
    • Bring it to my house 6 votes
      50%

(12 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Hey all, I'm looking to be gone for up to a year and will not be able to play my METLE. I planned to put the game on a timer to automatically turn on 2x daily for an hour each time. I figured at least the coils and what not will benefit from at least warming up. My friend who has been doing this for some time, and has some on route, thinks this is a bad idea.

What do you all think??

Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

Can't you find a reliable friend to store it for you for a year and treat it properly?

RM

#3 9 years ago

I don't have any pins on route and I think it's a bad idea.

#4 9 years ago

I don't understand. What will starting it up do?

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I don't understand. What will starting it up do?

My thinking is that at least running some electricity through the various components will warm them up, instead of sitting dormant for a year or so.

#6 9 years ago

Will your pin be in a damp environment?
    I don't see an issue. Pins are stored in their boxes for years with no ill affects. Remove the balls, batteries and unplug it. buy some if that Damprid and put rat poison in the cab and should be fine. And make sure it is not in direct sunlight.

#7 9 years ago

In Arizona, its a dry heat!

#8 9 years ago

Store the game in a climate controlled place and cover it up to avoid getting dust on it. Pinball machines are not like cars which do have issues with sitting around without being cranked up. Don't leave it plugged in to the wall either to avoid any surge problems

#9 9 years ago

Pull any batteries ,fold em up and they will be fine.

#10 9 years ago

Move it to a Friends house and let him use it while your gone. Or give a trusted friend a key to your place so he can keep an eye on it for you and he can turn on and play your pin from time to time.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Pull any batteries ,fold em up and they will be fine.

This is good advice, not much more complicated than that!!

#12 9 years ago

Ok well the overwhelming consensus is to pull it off the timer.

Thanks all. Now if somebody has a compelling reason to keep it on the timer, please chime in!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-storage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.