8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riffbear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I must have missed this episode...Am I the only person thinking he is crazy for settling for $2k? I don't know a whole about the value of it so I may be wrong??

#2 8 years ago

that pin is worth a lot more! yeah, they run a business, but they also take advantage.

#3 8 years ago

That's just what happens when you show up with cash.

#4 8 years ago

think that show is a bit staged - guy should of put it up on C-list for 4 k
    and let a high roller knock him down to 3k

#5 8 years ago

On average looks like their going for $2300 to $2600 so its not that bad of a deal when your dealing with a pawn broker to take it off your hands IMO. He could of got more if he waited a bit but for some that need the money right away it's worth it. I guess that's why pawn shops exist in the first place.

#6 8 years ago

There is a very rough air aces em machine at a pawn shop near my house. They are sitting on it for 800. I offered three. I think i'll wait them out.

#7 8 years ago

The only problem I had with that episode is when they keep using the word "mint". They really never gave you close-ups of the playfield, plastics, or backglass so they might be, BUT...

The paint job was was faded, so I tend to think other things might have been off. "Really Nice", or "Super Nice", probably would have been a better way to describe it. Condition is a very important factor in pricing a pin.

With that note, it is difficult negotiating a price by critiquing a pin's condition. You run the risk of pissing off the seller and him not selling to you because you ripped his prize possession. Pulling the cash wad was lubricant in that sale.

I agree with The_Dude_Abides, probably a 2300 to 2600 pin in good condition if listed on CL.

#8 8 years ago

There always seem to be Kiss machines around here for less than $2000. They paid too much for that thing.

#9 8 years ago

KISS?...Thats right, keep it simple stupid!

Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

There is a very rough air aces em machine at a pawn shop near my house. They are sitting on it for 800. I offered three. I think i'll wait them out.

There is a guy here that has one and I have talked to him a couple of times. I went to his house once because he called me and I was under the impression he wanted to sell. Pretty good shape but needed pop bumper rebuild, good cleaning of course, and it did not power up right but the boards looked good. Could have been a fuse or something but the guy started asking me what I thought the problem was. I told him without my DMM and tools I have no idea. I think he wanted me to fix it and then kick me out...jerk! I kept my mouth shut though. So, it sits in his garage collecting dust.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

think that show is a bit staged - guy should of put it up on C-list for 4 k
    and let a high roller knock him down to 3k

Yeh & then get hounded by time wasters..

Quoted from donjagra:

There always seem to be Kiss machines around here for less than $2000. They paid too much for that thing.

Maybe, they did maybe they didn't.

I wonder if they sold the machine.

Either way the family is loaded! Rough with the smooth in business...

You guys should step out of the box now & again.

They have also bought an "odds and evens" table.

You guys have to remember you are FANATICS & not traders, therefore you want tables for peanuts.. So you can play about with it, mod it etc & in no rush to sell it on at a profit or break even.

#13 8 years ago

You also have to remember that the transactions are fake.

#14 8 years ago

.. What on Earth are you going on about?

I've been to the shop.. Met the family, seen transactions, seen cameras, boom boys etc etc

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballParadise:

I've been to the shop..

That's just a front. The actual show is filmed on the same studio lot where the moon landings were filmed.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

That's just a front. The actual show is filmed on the same studio lot where the moon landings were filmed.

They keep the master tapes in a room with Elvis.

#17 8 years ago

Well..I have been seen the shop, walked around the back, saw the staff etc etc.

My eyes are perfect, thank you.

#18 8 years ago

Every time I hear about someone visiting the Pawn Stars shop, NONE of the guys have ever been there, just a bunch of other employees.

Anyone who would pay more than 1k for a KISS p.o.s. pinball is a sap... the same saps who think the shows on television are "real".

1 week later
    #19 8 years ago

1 min 42 sec you can see the "MINT" insert wear. those guys throw that word around a lot.

#20 8 years ago

Charley needs to go back and rewind to the beginning where he says "I'm looking to sell it for 3 grand and I won't take any less than that".

yeah....right.

#21 8 years ago

I think it's a good buy and sell all the way around. The Pawn guys will ask 3500.00 and the seller got a fair price. I think the game is collectable but not very fun to play.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

I think it's a good buy and sell all the way around. The Pawn guys will ask 3500.00 and the seller got a fair price. I think the game is collectable but not very fun to play.

I agree, the game is boring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 3.70
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 149.00
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 9.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside