9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball skates.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I purchased some three wheel furniture rollers from Lowes and they work but the wheels are very small and tend to get snagged on just about anything that is uneven , seams, etc. Is there a good source for these besides Lowes? Recommendations appreciated..
    pinball skates.jpgpinball skates.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I bought some that look about the same as yours from harbor freight, they work pretty good but I use them in the basement (cement floor) probably wouldn't work good on anything that's not flat

#4 9 years ago

So the skates raise up between the leg levelers and the bottom of the leg? To put the rear one on, you have to pull the machine out away from the wall it looks like. Are they pretty good?

#5 9 years ago

I have a set I purchased years ago when they just came out...I would NEVER be without a set..it is money well spent!

#6 9 years ago

I also have had a set since they were a new product. Purchased from Marco also. I have owned and moved a pile of games. Excellent product.
    Harry Irvin

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

So the skates raise up between the leg levelers and the bottom of the leg? To put the rear one on, you have to pull the machine out away from the wall it looks like. Are they pretty good?

On most surfaces you can put the skate on the front leg and slide the machine outward to get to the back legs. Worst case is using rubber cups on tile, then you might have to crawl under to put the rear legs up on the skate. Generally if I have a game at a show where there is tile, I only put the rubber cups under the front legs. It keeps players from being able to dance with the machine, but leaves the rear legs free to slide.

I love the skates in combination with a Pinball Lifter. The skates get the machine from point A to point B no matter how many ramps or curbs are involved. The lifter gets the machine in the air and left you take the legs off/on to put the machine into or out of a truck.

#8 9 years ago

Just a tip. When you lift the bar that has the slot that secures to the leg of the pinball, I usually have a shop towel in the mix. Keeps the bar from scratching up the legs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-skates-source and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.