Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Inkeddolly_4_large_LI (resized).jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Moving pins around on a concrete garage floor, short distance and nothing else it seems like these might be the best option? What do you think?

My upstairs game room with wood floors, furniture coasters, piece of cake.

Getting pins up there, not a piece of cake so I've got 6 in the garage now and 3 upstairs

#2 9 years ago

What about these my friend. I use them and they work like a charm. A must have really if you move pins a lot.

ebay.com link: 4 PC STEEL PLATFORM THREE 3 WHEEL MOVERS DOLLYS ROLLERS WHEELS CASTERS MOVING

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What about these my friend. I use them and they work like a charm.
    ebay.com link » 4 Pc Steel Platform Three 3 Wheel Movers Dollys Rollers Wheels Casters Moving

Wow, those do look easy and cheap! Thanks QB

#4 9 years ago

Cheap is my middle name

#5 9 years ago

Just ordered em

#6 9 years ago

Pinball skates are awesome. I couldn't imagine moving pins around without them.

#7 9 years ago

These guys you just place them on the floor beside each leg, lift up the front or back (whatever side you want to do first) then kick them under each leg with your feet, takes a total of 30 seconds to start moving pins.

#8 9 years ago

These are great for moving pins around my basement (concrete and carpet). I bought mine at a Menard's for about $5~6 a piece.

Later,
    EV

#9 9 years ago

they are handy when you dont have a carpeted floor to slide a pin on. i have one set, maybe i should have two?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

These guys you just place them on the floor beside each leg, lift up the front or back (whatever side you want to do first) then kick them under each leg with your feet, takes a total of 30 seconds to start moving pins.

What is nice about the skates is that you don't have to do any lifting at all, the skates do all of the lifting. Like a lever.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

What is nice about the skates is that you don't have to do any lifting at all, the skates do all of the lifting. Like a lever.

Yes they do look nice, I'm just a cheap ass to be honest. Maybe when I get too old or injured to lift my pins I will invest in a set of those, they do look handy.

#12 9 years ago

The skates are great if you have to go over door jams or anything you have to lift the machine over as the skates stay in place whereas the casters you will need to lift the machine and re-position the casters.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

The skates are great if you have to go over door jams or anything you have to lift the machine over as the skates stay in place whereas the casters you will need to lift the machine and re-position the casters.

Yes this is true. But for $110 I'm willing to lift the pin an inch to reposition them. Once again, personally I'm a cheap ass

4 years later
    #14 5 years ago

Resurrecting an old thread...

How well do they (Pin Skates) work on a low profile carpet?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Resurrecting an old thread...
    How well do they (Pin Skates) work on a low profile carpet?

Well! Even work on thicker carpet but need a little muscle to move the machine.

#16 5 years ago

They are amazing on every surface I have used them on.

#17 5 years ago

Much appreciated Guys.

I have the HF lift table in the garage, but at I think around 80 lbs...not really keen on hauling it down in the basement every time I need it, nor do I need more big stuff in the basement (excluding a few more pins). So after seeing a local Pinsider demonstrate his Skate's, decide to give them a try but couldn't remember if he had carpet or not.

I have some of the 3 wheeled 'dolly's you can put under each leg that work great on hard flooring, but they struggled when transiting between carpet and hard flooring.

Thanks again!

#18 5 years ago

Just a tip if you buy these ..... where the lift bar fastens to the leg of the machine, buy some bigger heat shrink tube and put it over the two “forks”. I actually put 2-3 layers of it. Some people put tape but put something as the forks will mark up your legs on the machine.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Just a tip if you buy these ..... where the lift bar fastens to the leg of the machine, buy some bigger heat shrink tube and put it over the two “forks”. I actually put 2-3 layers of it. Some people put tape but put something as the forks will mark up your legs on the machine.

First thing I thought of when I saw metal against metal on a shinny leg! Nope, that's not happening. Not even the legs that are crappier. Good place for some heatshrink!

A few questions: Did you find some local at a big box store or order on-line? Remember the diameter you bought? So enough of a gap that 2-3 layers on each side doesn't present any problems fitting on a leg?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

First thing I thought of when I saw metal against metal on a shinny leg! Nope, that's not happening. Not even the legs that are crappier. Good place for some heatshrink!
    A few questions: Did you find some local at a big box store or order on-line? Remember the diameter you bought? So enough of a gap that 2-3 layers on each side doesn't present any problems fitting on a leg?

I use clear plastic tubing on mine. Can’t remember the diameter, but take the skates with you to the hardware store. Easy mod and very effective.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Looking at the pics here- https://www.jabetc.com/products/pinball-skates-dolly

Are you referring to the 'forks' I pointed an arrow at? Based on the pic, they seem to straddle the leveler bolt.... or are you referring to the handle part?

Inkeddolly_4_large_LI (resized).jpgInkeddolly_4_large_LI (resized).jpg

#22 5 years ago

I think he is talking about the level handle you lock in place on the leg itself. This allows you to jack up the game, once those u hooks are in place over the threaded leg level.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Looking at the pics here- https://www.jabetc.com/products/pinball-skates-dolly
    Are you referring to the 'forks' I pointed an arrow at? Based on the pic, they seem to straddle the leveler bolt.... or are you referring to the handle part?
    [quoted image]

Don't mean to speak for the people that posted the plastic/heat shrink comments - but it's the handle we've been talking about. The end that look like a fork.

#24 5 years ago

Just wanted to make sure! Thanks for the clarification~

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Did you find some local at a big box store or order on-line? Remember the diameter you bought? So enough of a gap that 2-3 layers on each side doesn't present any problems fitting on a leg?

Crappies I forget the size but I know I ordered off Amazon and I ordered the tubing that shrinks 3x, most shrink 2x the size. Unfortunately my skates n tubing are back East so I can’t confirm.

Quoted from pintechev:

I use clear plastic tubing on mine.

This is a awesome idea as the shrink tube does wear over time. I could see the heavier poly tubing working better and it’s readily available at places like Home Depot, Lowe’s and most local hardware stores.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Don't mean to speak for the people that posted the plastic/heat shrink comments - but it's the handle we've been talking about. The end that look like a fork.

Yep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-skates-from-jabetc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.