(Topic ID: 22802)

Pinball Skates are amazing..........What took me so long to buy them????

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hacksaw-jim-duggan-profile.jpg
    9cd4f74de11e43b58a976a6d722beebb.jpg
    web-roller.jpg
    dolly_1_large.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I used my Pinball skates today for the first time and they work better than I could have ever imagined. I used them on a JD, which is no light pin and they made the moving task easy as pie. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. Especially if you live in a large building like I do with a great distance to the parking lot. Below is the seller.

ebay.com link: PINBALL MACHINE LIFT MOVER DOLLY CASTER SKATE WHEEL SET

dolly_1_large.jpgdolly_1_large.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I've moved hundreds of games with these. I use nothing else because these are so easy and mobil.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the info. I am also glad it wasn't what I thought you were talking about...

web-roller.jpgweb-roller.jpg

#4 11 years ago

For the money, I'll just buy a lift table. I can't get the damn legs on with skates. =\

#5 11 years ago

I am always afraid they will catch on a crack in the ground and the legs will break the cabinet.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I am always afraid they will catch on a crack in the ground and the legs will break the cabinet.

You would have to be moving the machine way too fast for something like that to happen.
    These things have saved me hours upon hours of back breaking work.
    Highly recommended.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

For the money, I'll just buy a lift table. I can't get the damn legs on with skates. =\

I have a lift table as I thought I'd love it for moving my machines around, but I prefer the skates. Trading my wico lifter for a a second pair of skates in the next couple weeks.

I've never been able to figure out how to get the pin on the lift without already having it on it's legs in a reasonable fashion. to get it out of the car and into my basement i need to put it on a hand truck, and I can't seem to get it on the lift from it being on it's back.

#8 11 years ago

I love my skates!!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

I have a lift table as I thought I'd love it for moving my machines around, but I prefer the skates. Trading my wico lifter for a a second pair of skates in the next couple weeks.
    I've never been able to figure out how to get the pin on the lift without already having it on it's legs in a reasonable fashion. to get it out of the car and into my basement i need to put it on a hand truck, and I can't seem to get it on the lift from it being on it's back.

Well.....frankly, if I can get me and another person to pick up the machine and set it on the lifter, that's STILL better than having someone crawl under the game, pick it up on their back, and hold it while you put the back legs on...

There's no *good* solution here, short of spending 500$ on a PB Lifter and all the accessories.

#10 11 years ago

They are great for moving DMD machines. Didn't work so well when moving my Genie.

#11 11 years ago

If you're spending $500 on a lifter, you're paying too much. I bought one for $100 at TPF last year. I saw one on CL locally for $150 last week.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

If you're spending $500 on a lifter, you're paying too much. I bought one for $100 at TPF last year. I saw one on CL locally for $150 last week.

Was talking specifically about the PB lifter with the attachments. The sears jack that it goes on is like 100 bucks, the PB lifter is 120+ shipping, pb tilter is 215 + shipping..

Personally I don't get what the issue is. With the lifter all the way down you should be able to get a game on it from folded up position no problem. **EDIT* Er, assuming you don't have back problems or something...you know what I mean. It should be fairly simple to just lay the game down onto it. =P

#13 11 years ago

Some lifters have the hinge on the table that let you flip the game from standing on its back.

#14 11 years ago

harbor frieght lift table with and a couple 32" 4x4's and a cut handle is way easier and quicker. Once the table is dialed in. You're good. Jack it up and go. Store it undernear. Done. I don't get it.

#15 11 years ago

What are the 4x's for?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

What are the 4x's for?

You can use them to modify he height and size to make it fit perfect. Maybe he does something different. Hope he comes ack and chimes in. Maybe he can add pics! Always makes it easier to understand.

#17 11 years ago

The skates are awesome, let's me go over one step without any issues. Means I can move a game all by myself

I bought a pin from a guy that had a pair, I ordered mine as soon as I got home.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Some lifters have the hinge on the table that let you flip the game from standing on its back.

With game on end stand coffin dolly on end with the end of the dolly on the plywood lip of the cab.
    Pull game and dolly down horizontal, raise and install legs.

#19 11 years ago

What are the 4x's for?

(2) in 32" length across the table to support the pin. couple of piece of cardboard in between so it doesn't mess up the cab.

9cd4f74de11e43b58a976a6d722beebb.jpg9cd4f74de11e43b58a976a6d722beebb.jpg

#20 11 years ago

HJD Mod HOOOO!

hacksaw-jim-duggan-profile.jpghacksaw-jim-duggan-profile.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Is there a better deal on them online than this?

1 year later
    #22 10 years ago

Bumping an old thread. I just ordered a set of these today. The video clip instantly sold me. I bought direct from the seller's website and saved $10 (www.jabetc.com). I've always felt bad asking my fiance, or old people, to help lift these behemoths. Now I can do it myself. Adjusting the leg levelers will be 1000 times easier too.

#23 10 years ago

Been using mine for years.
    one of the best products I have purchased for my pins.

#24 10 years ago

Every pin collector should have a set of these. They are terrific.

I need to get a really good lift though too ...

#25 10 years ago

Best $140 ive ever spent! Highly recommended!

1 week later
    #26 10 years ago

Ok, ok. A week ago when this thread got bumped I said the heck with it and ordered a set. They just arrived at my house. All I did was move a couple pins around the garage, but here is my review... I am a complete dumbass for not ordering these earlier. So simple and easy to use. Popped them under and the games just glided around. I never went the full cart route because I have pins on three different floors in my house. These are ideal for rearranging them and basic moves as they come in and out. Wish I had bought them years ago.

#27 10 years ago

I remember this original thread, however, Im still using the castor skates I bought on sale at Harbor Freight for $2.50 each. Im not really a thrifty person but it still seems to be a much cheaper way to move them around on one level of a home. I have to admit the first dozen times I was little hesitant but I am pretty used to them at this point. I guess it doesnt really matter how we move the pins around as long as they dont take hit points.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I remember this original thread, however, Im still using the castor skates I bought on sale at Harbor Freight for $2.50 each. Im not really a thrifty person but it still seems to be a much cheaper way to move them around on one level of a home. I have to admit the first dozen times I was little hesitant but I am pretty used to them at this point. I guess it doesnt really matter how we move the pins around as long as they dont take hit points.

I tried them (I assume you are talking about the little 3 wheeled ones that go under each leg). One of them crushed under the weight of a Demo Man, and later I had one catch as I was rolling a game in my garage because the wheels were too small. Plus I never liked lifting the game to get them onto the things. The skates are just better in my opinion. Sure, they are priced pretty high, but they work really well. Of course, the real test will be what I think of them a year from now.

#29 10 years ago

Another thumbs up for pinskates. I don't have any stairs, but do have to take pins a long distance to get them where they need to be and the skates work awesome for that - so easy my five year old can push a pin across the house. You do have to be a little careful when you're first figuring them out since you've got the full weight of the machine swinging up onto those wheels (Deep gash in my thumb can attest to this).

One bad thing about the skates is that they can scratch up your legs. I cut little lengths of plastic tubing and put those over the prongs on each leg and that works perfectly.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Pinball skates are awesome especially if you have 10-20 machines and you need to move them from some place to another area. Takes about 30 seconds and 1 person. Lift tables are great too but they are for a different reason. I have 2 lift tables (Cummings carts) and a pair of skates. Invaluable tools.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

harbor frieght lift table with and a couple 32" 4x4's and a cut handle is way easier and quicker. Once the table is dialed in. You're good. Jack it up and go. Store it undernear. Done. I don't get it.

How do you go up 2 or 3 steps and small drops with this set up. When I move games from patio to garage, house, etc. I have 2 or 3 steps. Skates make quick work because you attach, roll, lift and lift again and over the hump and or steps. I don't get the cart in this case.

4 years later
    #32 5 years ago

I purchased a set of these and they are terrible! The support scratches the legs, the wheels dont sit perpendicular to the floor so they don't pivot, the tabs and supports were all bent after one use. I see a serious accident happening with these. They probably could be decent if they were made better, they look like someones first run experiment.

4 years later
    #33 1 year ago

I agree - skates are great! However, I always find it scary when dropping the machine in its place. Because of the weight of the pinball machine, removing the skates make the wheels turn 180 degrees really quickly, resulting in a sudden drop before being able to continue gently. Picking a game up is not a problem because you can anticipate and put the wheels flat before pushing the bar.

1 week later
    #34 1 year ago

Stupid question about pinball skates. I finally got a pair. The problem is when they lock into place, they don’t seem to be the correct width. On the narrowest slot, they’re barely wide enough to go in place and they don’t seem secure. The next setting is too wide and the locking tab won’t come up.

Am I misunderstanding how they work?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from dphelps:

Stupid question about pinball skates. I finally got a pair. The problem is when they lock into place, they don’t seem to be the correct width. On the narrowest slot, they’re barely wide enough to go in place and they don’t seem secure. The next setting is too wide and the locking tab won’t come up.

I have had this issue a few times, and I just slid the slider as tight as I could without locking it into a hole, and they still worked just fine.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

I have had this issue a few times, and I just slid the slider as tight as I could without locking it into a hole, and they still worked just fine.

Thanks. I’ll try that. I was worried that might not work.

#37 1 year ago

I've had mine like 7 years or more.
    The rubber split in half on them eventually then I replaced with
    polyurethane wheel/casters from Hoedepot or Lowz.
    Many many many miles on them since.

#38 1 year ago

My quick tutorial video about them...

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from dphelps:

I had drill a hole in between the two on each skate. Sometimes, I still have to spread the legs apart with my leg in order to spread the skate apart to get to that next notch to get a tighter fit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-skates-are-amazingwhat-took-me-so-long-to-buy-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.