3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Going to be doing a two day trip to a Family reunion in Pigeon Forge, TN around the 15th of May.
    Planning on driving because... still don't wanna be in a Corona Tube (air flight).

It's a 16hr drive from Austin TX... so there will need to be breaks and at least one hotel stop each way.
    Trying to plan to take a 4 day drive into a week vacation.

Anyone got any ideas for pinball related stops to make?
    Not sure there are any Pinshows yet; but let me know if I'm just not in the know.
    I'm thinking I'll be going north to Dallas... then taking i30 into the mid states. Not sure what if anything is interesting in that part of the world.
    Suggestions?

#2 3 years ago

Well you should try to pop into the auction on the 15th if you can slip away from reunion. I have never taken that route, but you will find the Smoky Mtns. and rural Appalachia, very nice!

#3 2 years ago

was breifly excited when I found MT45 had something called https://thepinballloft.com/... which is only an 1hr 15minutes away... but it looks like it's just his personal collection and not a business.

#4 2 years ago

There’s the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum right up the road from Pigeon Forge. Have not been there myself but looks like they have some rare games.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

There’s the Gatlinburg Pinball Museum right up the road from Pigeon Forge. Have not been there myself but looks like they have some rare games.

It is worth checking out, the games are a bit of mixed bag as far as maintenance goes. Overall they were playable, but a few that needed some love. This was a couple of years ago though so I'm hoping they have been keeping up with them.

#6 2 years ago

It looks like you'll be coming right through Nashville, TN. I highly recommend Game Terminal (https://www.gameterminal.com/). They just opened a few months back and is destined to be one of the big pinball meccas in the U.S. It will be busy.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

The Chattanooga Pinball Museum is a nice spot too. It's in a great location and has some rare titles like Hercules, Orbiter 1, Domino's, and America's Most Haunted.

#8 2 years ago

I found Gatlinburg Pinball Museum - last night during searches... The maintenance issue does concern me.
    That said; it's hard to pass up something that's right up the road. Shall check it out unless someone said it's not worth it.

Might check out the other places; it's hard to commit given they are "on the way" to the destination. Its a long 16hr drive according to google. So; that doesn't leave a lot of time to do things outside of 2, 8hr days of driving.

3 weeks later
    #9 2 years ago

Gatlinburg Pinball Museum
    If you are looking for just another strip arcade, run establishment... go here.
    If you are looking for a "Museum" don't go here.

Simply put; It appears the museum was bought by "HEADcase Adventures" as elimination of competition or expansion of their next door arcade.
    Overall; the machines currently appear to be in good condition... but they are no longer 15dollars gets you unlimited play. They are card based; which each game costing at least $1 (at 4 "gold" per dollar).

They had most of the modern sterns; A Houdini; and an AFMr. They had some A+ classics like TZ and Addams... but the Addams was having some backbox issues. Didn't play it.
    Given the cost/per/game aspect; I decided only to blow $5 ... Since I had made the special trip.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-sights-between-tx-and-pigeon-forge-tn-mid-may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.