Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by glilly-BOA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fallout_pin_2.jpg
    Fallout_pin_01.jpg
    ScreenShot1.jpg
    ScreenShot0.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Don't know if anyone plays a of video games, but last night I was playing Fallout: New Vegas and found an old ruined pinball machine in someones room in Jacobstown.

I just thought it was kind of humorous. Too bad I don't have a camera, or I would have taken a pic...

#2 12 years ago

Would be cool if the game would let you hang out in the room and overhaul / rehab the pin. Then you could put it on virtual eBay and sell it for 3x what it's worth.

It would really be cool if it would let you play the Pin.

G

#3 12 years ago

I've seen the thing. Pretty cool to encounter one in the virtual world.

#4 12 years ago

That's what they need in those online virtual life games. Pinball machines !!! You could buy and resell them and if you approached one you could play it and the owner could come collect the money like in the real world. Virtual routing

#5 12 years ago

The Sims - Pinball Edition!

#6 12 years ago

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed they don't let you play it, but it did get nuked so I'm not sure will really work all that well.

#7 12 years ago

Or how about "Pinball Tycoon", where you have to build the ultimate pinball arcade?

#8 12 years ago

The sims did have pinball machines, not sure which one though, either sims 1 or 2. I don't think 3.

#9 12 years ago

Here are pictures of the pinball machine.

#10 12 years ago

Or maybe not.

#11 12 years ago

I convert to .jpg to show up. Lets try again.

Fallout_pin_01.jpgFallout_pin_01.jpg Fallout_pin_2.jpgFallout_pin_2.jpg

#12 12 years ago

Nice dirtrider, did you get the screenshots in game, or with a camera?

#13 12 years ago

Got them in game, just hit prnt scrn key, is saved to a bmp file. Find in fallout root directory.

#14 12 years ago

Oohhh, yeah I'm playing on the ps3

#15 12 years ago

sweet find guys, fallout is pretty close to pinball in its time devouring nature! i've spent forever with fallout and oblivion games

#16 12 years ago

Cool. Never heard of "White Star" pinball. It must be a completely mythical machine. Too bad they didn't use a real pinball in their model.

G

#17 12 years ago

"Never heard of "White Star" pinball. It must be a completely mythical machine."

"The WhiteStar Board System is an arcade system board used for several pinball games designed by Sega Pinball and their successor, Stern Pinball, between 1995 and 2004. It is the successor to Data East Pinball / Sega Pinball's System 11-derived hardware, licensed from Williams." (Wikipedia)

Do you think it has anything to do with this?

#18 12 years ago

Probably, there must be a pinhead on the dev team who knows his stuff

@jespo Yeah Fallout 3, Oblivion, and New Vegas have consumed over 70 hours of my life a piece....ridiculous

Can't wait for Skyrim

#19 12 years ago

I have heard that in the game "Duke Nukem Forever" coming out by the end of april that you can actually play the pinball and arcade machines that are found in areas of the game. Thats pretty sweet!

Info straight from one of the dev. team members on Xboxlive.

#20 12 years ago

skyrim will be amazing, new graphics engine and all! if you have ps3 you have to try marvel pinball and zen pinball both really solid dlc. i still would like to get the "williams collection" for ps3 as well.

#21 12 years ago

The WhiteStar Board System is an arcade system board used for several pinball games designed by Sega

Yeah, thanks dirtrider. I actually had heard of the board system, but I was (tounge in cheek) saying that I never heard of a machine called "White Star". I figured it was probably a reference to the board though. Thanks for mentioning it though... good reference to point out.

G

#22 12 years ago

That's an EM pin, it should work after a nuclear war! Just needs a little Novus on the playfield and the stepper units need cleaned, no biggy

Didn't White Star manufacture the Titanic?

#23 12 years ago

@jespo Yeah you should get the Williams collection, the feel of the game is alot more realistic than any of the Zen pinball games IMO, some really good games on there too including MM

#24 12 years ago

Didn't White Star manufacture the Titanic?

You are correct ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Star_Line

Not to be confused with this, of course ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhiteStar

#25 12 years ago

Re: William Collection... If you buy the Williams collection, buy it for Xbox 360 or PS3. The Wii version is good, but does NOT have MM, NGG, or TOTAN. The Gottlieb collection isn't bad as well, but I feel like I bought it just to support those guys so they'd make a Bally collection or Williams collection 2.

#26 12 years ago

There have been pinball games in the Sims series.

There was a game for the Dreamcast called Shenmue where you could go into an arcade and play the games. There were note-perfect versions of Space Harrier and Hang On, and you could also play a Darts game.

#27 12 years ago

That's an EM pin, it should work after a nuclear war! Just needs a little Novus on the playfield and the stepper units need cleaned, no biggy

It's an old EM at that. Notice the manual ball feed?

#28 12 years ago

Funny thing is, I can picture any of us from this forum playing the game and (if the game would let you) stopping and opening up our trusty pinball kit and start polishing and cleaning the Pinball before continuing the game... IT'S AN OBSESSION!!!! Just can't leave a dirty machine like that...

It makes me really wish the game would let you do it...

G

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-sightingsort-of and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.