Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

when it comes to vendors, there are only a handful of shows that really do well with vendors. Most vendors don't want to do shows. The hours are long, the drive, the set up, the tear down, the drive again (plus hotel/travel costs). Most would rather stay at home and take internet sales as it's easy (and probably more profitable.) For this reason, most shows have vendor areas falling instead of increasing. Exceptions to this might be Chicago Expo and Allentown. Note i've been to nearly every show in the country, and only these two shows seem to consistently have a decent amount of vendors. (And frankly this year Chicago Expo seems to have less vendors).

The internet has really changed shows in regard to vendors. Pretty much the only vendors i see at shows now are those that are A) local to the show and/or B) have no internet presence. Because of this shows that are in large metro areas will have more vendors than a show that is in a less populated area.

My basis for a show with good vendors is to find vendor(s) that are selling the following: pinball rubber (bulk and in various sizes/colors), flipper bats (in various colors), coils (in various types.) If these three generic pinball items are not available at a particular show, then in my eye, the vendor presence is probably not the show's strong suit. And to be frank, again, most shows don't have good vendor presence because the Internet has pretty much made vendors a rare commodity.

And to add salt to the vendor wound, most consumers probably don't go to shows to find vendors. Again, the internet and google/ebay make it a moot point. Most people go to shows to play pinball, as that's something the internet can't do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shows-2?tu=cfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.