10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

Just curious what others think, after reading a bunch of post about Pintastic this weekend. I see a common theme, that pertains to many of the show. My thoughts are:

First I want to start with those that complain about the number of machines. I think that if you are wanting to complain about how many machines are at a show, that your first line of your complaint needs to be started with what machines you brought. I really get tired of seeing people that live near a show complain, and often, they did not bring a machine at all. I support two shows myself, Pinball Expo and Midwest Gaming Classic. At MGC this year, I had brought 25 machines, 12 pins, and 13 vids. Yet I see people that are in the Milwaukee area complain about the number of machines, really?? If I can haul that many machines up to the show (5 hours each way) you being lazy and not brining one is ridiculous. I understand that some people dont have a vehicle to transport, and other excuses that might be plausible, but if you are not making an effort to help the show, then dont complain about those that did. I know that in the Chicago area and at mgc, that there are people willing to come pick up machines from your house to put in the show to make it better if you need help with transport.

Also, people being selfish, I know you cant help that, but every show always has complaints about assholes that start and play 4 player games by themselves, I know that you cant fix stupid, but I think that if you see that, it at least warrants you to get to call an asshole an asshole, lol

There is a difference between constructive criticism and complaining, and usually, its complaining, so its simple, if you really want to help make a show better, then offer to help, be a volunteer, bring machines, etc

#2 10 months ago

You may be missing the point. The topics of after thoughts of a show are there to help us see different points of view or ideas to make next year better than this. That's all.
    -Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 92.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 214.99
    $ 22.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside