• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.59.34 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.58.34 AM (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Pretty sure this is a scam. I'm in Fresno California and I'm always looking for pins, as most of us on here are. I found a Craigslist ad down south close to San Diego area for a Elvira and the Party Monsters priced at $2000.
The add says this (I copied and pasted):"Needs some repair. Limited productions on this of 4000 unita in 1989. Valued at $8,000 restored. Estkmated repairs would cost a couple hundrrd depending on if full restoration wanted. Need sold aaap moving. Come check it out. Not playable right now but does power up. Needs mininal service. Make offer"
Sounds like a decent deal being that all Elviras have gone up in value. I reached out to the provided CL email and the phone number listed. I texted at 12:46pm on 12/19: "Hello- checking to see if you still have the Elvira for sale? If so could I see some pics of the playfield? I'm up in Fresno. Thanks"
At 2:06pm I get a response: Yes
I also notice a ad on Facebook Market place in the same area priced at $3800 with this following description:"Needs some repair. Limited productions on this of 4000 unita in 1989. Valued at $8,000 restored. Estkmated repairs would cost a couple hundrrd depending on if full restoration wanted. Need sold aaap moving. Come check it out. Not playable right now but does powers up". I reached out on messenger and asked: "is this the same game that is listed on Craigslist currently for $2000?"
I got a reply as (copied and pasted) "Did I purchase from me todsay"

I did try and call the number I texted and it immediately said "Call is not accepted"

I also noticed that the pictures are different also different backgrounds between the two ads. So many red flags here. So just beware. If this is truly someones ad and Im throwing shade on you I apologize. The misspelled words and lack of grammar makes it appear to be a scam ad.

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.58.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.58.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.59.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 7.59.34 AM (resized).png
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Pretty sure this is a scam. The misspelled words and lack of grammar makes it appear to be a scam ad.[quoted image][quoted image]

It is

#3 4 years ago

I figured as much. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

#4 4 years ago

Limited run of 4,000... Love it when I read that kind of garbage. 4k was a solid run.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Limited run of 4,000... Love it when I read that kind of garbage. 4k was a solid run.

Was and is- I would think.

#6 4 years ago

I haven't looked at overall sales numbers but I'm not sure we even see them. I'd like to see how high numbers on the current Star Wars are and end up.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

current Star Wars are and end up.

True. I wonder if sales have increased/decreased with the new comic art choice.

#8 4 years ago

One guy I know predicted Star Wars is the next Adams family. Or will ultimately become numbers wise.

I could see that happening. I personally would love to see pinball titles selling in excess of fifteen thousand units.

Only time will tell!

They could make a mandolorian version and light up sales big time.

#9 4 years ago

Sorry I’ll stop talking about this here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 70.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shoppers-beware-in-socal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.