Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

seinfeld-shoes-560x317.jpg
    furniture-sliders.jpg
    e75f9580-8023-4c67-b025-51281dbb2770_3.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

We have laminate flooring in our dining/game room. I bought some of these, which protect the floors very well. The problem is that the rubber on laminate essentially glues the machines to the floor, making nudging them pretty difficult.

Does anyone have recommendations for shoes that will a.) not scratch the floors, and b.) still be 'nudge-able'?

#3 10 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LL25-EZG

I use these and have hardwood floors. Love them. Much better. Machines slide easier during play or moving around. Keeps the legs from flexing.

All my machines have them. Highly recommended and only $7 for a set.

#4 10 years ago

Here's what I use on my laminate floor:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Shepherd-2-in-Round-Carpet-Base-Metal-Furniture-Cups-4-Pack-89091/100210945

Like you, I don't enjoy the glued-down feel of rubber cups. Carpet bottoms not only protect the floor, but provide the just right amount of nudgability. Not locked in place, not on ice skates like magic sliders. You can still move a game around the room with a little muscle. Barely noticeable under your leg levelers. Cheap, too!

e75f9580-8023-4c67-b025-51281dbb2770_3.jpge75f9580-8023-4c67-b025-51281dbb2770_3.jpg

#5 10 years ago

yancy has great ones to use! I like that they are available at Home Depot

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for all the options! I think I'm going to try the carpet-bottom ones.

#7 10 years ago

What do you guys suggest for carpet? I have the same no slide issues because the feet just burrow into the carpet.

#8 10 years ago

What do you guys suggest for carpet? I have the same no slide issues because the feet just burrow into the carpet.

Just get some furniture sliders at the hardware store that have the plastic bottom

furniture-sliders.jpgfurniture-sliders.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Gotta get some "Jimmy shoes" for nudging training. Just don't practice at the PHOF.

seinfeld-shoes-560x317.jpgseinfeld-shoes-560x317.jpg

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have not used them myself but people swear by these:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2110

I have these on my pins and they are great. Well worth the price. Much better than those carpet pads.

#11 10 years ago

The issue with the oak protectors is that oak is gonna be a harder surface than most laminate flooring. Sooner or later they will scratch or mark a laminate floor if given the opportunity (sliding back and forth). Heck, they will even mark a solid wood floor at some point, wood-on-wood (or on plastic "wood") is gonna make a mark/leave scratches/remove finish. I like the look of them, but I'd sure place a good quality felt pad on the bottom before using them on any wood or laminate floor.

#12 10 years ago

I have rusted metal levelers and crappy concrete. Nudge, no better yet, slide the f'in thing across the floor and play some REAL pinball!

#13 10 years ago

+1. I've got them under all machines and they slide real nicely when I want to move my machines on my hardwood floor, but stay in place when I play em. And the price is right!

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Just get some furniture sliders at the hardware store that have the plastic bottom

Picked some up on the way home. So much easier to nudge (and tilt). More importantly though, I'm not putting the stress on the legs and cabinet anymore. Thanks for the tip.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I have rusted metal levelers and crappy concrete. Nudge, no better yet, slide the f'in thing across the floor and play some REAL pinball!

I agree with you. Anyone who lives in the town with the headquarters of the James W. Shocknessy Ohio Turnpike can't be all bad.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I agree with you. Anyone who lives in the town with the headquarters of the James W. Shocknessy Ohio Turnpike can't be all bad.

Why would I be bad if can't afford good floors but I can afford some cheap pins and alcohol. Thumbs UP!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.