DSCN0346 (resized).JPG
DSCN0326 (resized).JPG
DSCN0145 (resized).JPG
DSCN0151 (resized).JPG
IMG_2449 (resized).JPG
IMG_2448 (resized).JPG
REDUX2 (resized).jpg
psmoving (resized).jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

I'd be happy to order more from you. I just wanted to test a couple to make sure they are going to do what I need them to.

as for the bally Williams machines, I was just about to order some of those lollipop rails from https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/williams-side-rails/

but if your saying they won't fit with your protectors, I guess I won't buy the lollipop rails then.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'd be happy to order more from you. I just wanted to test a couple to make sure they are going to do what I need them to.
as for the bally Williams machines, I was just about to order some of those lollipop rails from https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/williams-side-rails/
but if your saying they won't fit with your protectors, I guess I won't buy the lollipop rails then.

I took a look at those B/W rails and I don't think my Pinball Shields would fit under them.

Of course with Pinball Shields on your pin you are already protected in those areas

#53 6 years ago

I have two sets of Pinball Shields ready to ship! I won't be able to ship from June 27th until July 9th, so order them now and they will ship out tomorrow!

Order here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit

2 weeks later
#54 6 years ago

I have two sets left that can ship out immediately! Get your Stern Pinball Shield here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit
REDUX2 (resized).jpgREDUX2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
2 weeks later
#58 6 years ago

Will there be a run for Bally/Williams machines?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Will there be a run for Bally/Williams machines?

Yes, I am working on the dimensions to give to my plastic cutting company now. I should have pre-orders ready to go soon.

Thanks for question!

2 weeks later
#60 6 years ago

The first 5 pre-orders sold out! I am extending this run to accommodate another 5 sets. Order your now before they sell out again!

#61 6 years ago

I put these on my Elvis. Thanks!!

IMG_2448 (resized).JPGIMG_2448 (resized).JPG

IMG_2449 (resized).JPGIMG_2449 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I put these on my Elvis. Thanks!!

Thanks Grinder! That is the nicest Elvis I have ever seen!!!!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Thanks Grinder! That is the nicest Elvis I have ever seen!!!!

Thank you! That's always my intention. If I own it, I want it to shine! Hell, if you think the outside is nice, you should see all I've done to the playfield.

1 week later
#64 6 years ago

4 sets left! I am only having sets made for those who pre-order. These won't be available to purchase unless you pre-order.

Order below:

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

In for two sets!

Thanks! Got your order! They are scheduled to ship out in two weeks.

1 month later
#70 6 years ago

Do these protect against UV as well?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Do these protect against UV as well?

Yes! They offer protection against UV wavelengths below 385 nanometers.

#72 6 years ago

BTW, Bally/Williams Pinball Shield pre-orders are up! As of now there are 6 sets remaining. Reserve your's here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ballywilliams-cabinet-protector-limited-pre-order

3 weeks later
#73 6 years ago

hey, am I supposed to put the protector over the carriage bolt or do I need to drill out new holes for them. like on iron man there are two carriage bolts on the side. there are no holes on the protector

#74 6 years ago

never mind, it goes over the bolts with no issues. looks really good, going to install the other one I bought next week, going to get these on all my newer machines first. you will definitely be hearing from me soon, great product!
just checked your store, when do you expect to get some more in? B/W and more Sterns

Added over 6 years ago: ok, finished number two. looks great.

#75 6 years ago

one with flash, one without.

DSCN0151 (resized).JPGDSCN0151 (resized).JPG

DSCN0145 (resized).JPGDSCN0145 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

one with flash, one without.

Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from a week long backpacking trip.

Looks great, thanks for posting the pics!

I am not planning on doing another run of B/W protectors as demand doesn’t seem to justify another run. That being said, if I can get 10 pre-orders together I would consider cutting some more.

Thanks again!

#77 6 years ago

If you do another run of B/W I'll take 3 of em.

#78 6 years ago

Only just saw these.

Have you really got a patent on this as there was prior art in jjp radcals and also my home brand povcals ;p

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/45#post-3410837

4 weeks later
#80 6 years ago

Two Sets Left BUMP!

Probably not going to do another run so get them while the gettin' is good!

Order them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit

1 week later
#81 6 years ago

already installed, forgot to take an after pic with the trim and button on it.
for anyone buying these, they are great and give piece of mind. I had to clean up a beer spill the other day on one of my machines.

couple install tips, if they are shipped rolled. they tend to fold out away from the game, roll them back up the other way for a little while and that usually cancels out the plastic bending outwards. using a dremel with a grinding stone helps a lot if there is a little bit of overage on the front. also using that double sided tape that cliffy uses on his parts, can help a lot getting it completely flat https://www.amazon.com/3M-Adhesive-Transfer-467MP-Multiple/dp/B00P26Z04I . So after you tighten the legs it stays in place and doesn't crink up.

I mainly used the tape right behind the legs after I stretch the plastic to make it as flat as possible. I used a NEW x-acto knife blade to carefully cut the excess tape off so it didn't extend beyond the plastic.
It also makes it much much easier if you can get the game completely off the ground using a lift of some sort.
take the trim off and line everything up, put the tape on the legs and the button to hold it in place. only after that do you drill the pilot holes through the plastic sheet (if you have lollipop rails). Also if the game has those plastic leg cabinet protectors, take them off and put them over this protector. Drill the pilot holes first after it's completely lined up. this will keep the protector flat.

I try to get my stuff as close to perfect as I can though. you may not mind a little crink.

DSCN0326 (resized).JPGDSCN0326 (resized).JPG

#82 6 years ago

one other thing since stern doesn't flush mount there tournament button anymore on new games. You will need to add a hole or cut the protector accordingly.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

already installed, forgot to take an after pic with the trim and button on it.
for anyone buying these, they are great and give piece of mind. I had to clean up a beer spill the other day on one of my machines.
couple install tips, if they are shipped rolled. they tend to fold out away from the game, roll them back up the other way for a little while and that usually cancels out the plastic bending outwards. using a dremel with a grinding stone helps a lot if there is a little bit of overage on the front. also using that double sided tape that cliffy uses on his parts, can help a lot getting it completely flat amazon.com link »
I mainly used the tape right behind the legs after I stretch the plastic to make it as flat as possible. I used a NEW x-acto knife blade to carefully cut the excess tape off so it didn't extend beyond the plastic.
It also makes it much much easier if you can get the game completely off the ground using a lift of some sort.
take the trim off and line everything up, put the tape on the legs and the button to hold it in place. only after that do you drill the pilot holes through the plastic sheet (if you have lollipop rails). Also if the game has those plastic leg cabinet protectors, take them off and put them over this protector. Drill the pilot holes first after it's completely lined up. this will keep the protector flat.
I try to get my stuff as close to perfect as I can though. you may not mind a little crink.

Thanks so much for the pics, tips and feedback! It is always nice to hear about people's experience during the install process. I definitely agree that getting the pin on a dolly or something makes install a lot easier. Great tip on the plastic leg protectors, I hadn't thought about doing it that way.

Thanks again!

#84 6 years ago

np,
for anyone interested in a lift. I have is a harbor freight special with some plumbing pipe to extend the handles, so you can still use the handle bars when you lift it. tried copper pipe first since it was easier to get the pieces together soldering wise. They bent after about 10 uses.
make sure you have some hydraulic fluid just in case, I had a few issues with mine in the beginning.
we use it ALL THE TIME, if I had to go back and redo it. I'd probably get the one that doesn't go as high, since I would assume it would probably be more stable when it lifts. Guess the one added benefit of a higher lift, is you can get a game off a trailer that doesn't have a lift gate (though I wouldn't take the risk). or if you have one of those jacked up trucks?!

remember though this is made in china, on means the breaks are off and off means the breaks are on.

DSCN0346 (resized).JPGDSCN0346 (resized).JPG

#85 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I had one person PM me who would like me to do another run of Stern Cabinet Protectors. I have to order them in sets of 5, so I need 4 more people who would like to pre-order a set of protectors before I can place the order.

Please PM me to reserve yours.

4 Pre-Order Spots Left.

Thanks!

6 months later
#86 5 years ago

Interested.

3 months later
#87 5 years ago

Registered today, just so I could post on this thread. I would order a set of protectors if you did another run. Thanks!

4 months later
#88 5 years ago

I'm also interested in a Bally/Williams set if you were to do another run of these.

1 year later
#89 3 years ago

Just checking in. You still making these? Would like one for my JJP GnR

11 months later
#90 2 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Just checking in. You still making these? Would like one for my JJP GnR

Do you ever get an answer to this? My location by me installs them on all their pins.

1 year later
#91 1 year ago

Are these still being made? Would like them as well.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shield-pinball-cabinet-protector/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.