DSCN0346 (resized).JPG
DSCN0326 (resized).JPG
DSCN0145 (resized).JPG
DSCN0151 (resized).JPG
IMG_2449 (resized).JPG
IMG_2448 (resized).JPG
REDUX2 (resized).jpg
psmoving (resized).jpg

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

-4 Pre-Order Spots Left-

The Patent Pending full cabinet protector is designed to protect your Stern pinball machine cabinet from bumps, scratches and those "oops" moments, keeping your pin looking brand new! Pinball Shields also offer protection against UV wavelengths below 385 nanometers, helping keep artwork from fading as fast as unprotected cabinets!

They can even be left on when you take the legs off to move your pin, preventing bumps and scrapes.

Using ultra-thin polycarbonate sheets, Pinball Shields are custom made for modern Stern DMD pins.

The protectors attach to your pin without any modification at all, and affix themselves using the flipper buttons, side rails, legs and coin box.

They can be removed and reapplied with absolutely no damage to your pinball cabinet!

PM Me To Pre-Order

PinballShield Stern (resized).jpgPinballShield Stern (resized).jpgREDUX2 (resized).jpgREDUX2 (resized).jpgREDUX3 (resized).jpgREDUX3 (resized).jpgREDUX5 (resized).jpgREDUX5 (resized).jpgREDUX6 (resized).jpgREDUX6 (resized).jpgREDUX4 (resized).jpgREDUX4 (resized).jpgREDUX 1 (resized).jpgREDUX 1 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Do they or do they not fit B/W machines?

#3 6 years ago

I bought a set for my Iron Man. They were easy to install and look great too. Many people have noticed and commented on what a great idea it is.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Do they or do they not fit B/W machines?

The current Pinball Shields for sale are for Stern pins. Once these sell out I will offer Bally/Williams Pinball Shields. I am out of pocket on this first batch and need to recoup my costs so I can pay the setup fees for the Bally/Williams template.

#6 6 years ago

Even the good lord can't protect your cabinet

#7 6 years ago

I've seen these in action and they work incredibly well. Much easier, cheaper, and better protection than trying to clear coat the entire cabinet. Not to mention that a set of cab decals cost $200-$300.

#8 6 years ago

In the process of planning some of my own (not for sale, don't worry) for my own cabinets, but out of thicker material for not just standing but moving and being played at shows and on location. Looks nice, gives that Metallica a nice sheen.

#9 6 years ago

Hmmm, print side art on these and you could charge $500. I'm in for Swords of Fury!

#10 6 years ago

Is a good idea when you have young kids hellbent on destructing everything alround them. A better alternative than having to yell at them to get away from the pinball machine. I WANT them to play it, just not destroy it.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

In the process of planning some of my own (not for sale, don't worry) for my own cabinets, but out of thicker material for not just standing but moving and being played at shows and on location. Looks nice, gives that Metallica a nice sheen.

Thanks! Feel free to PM me if you want any tips or tricks.

I forgot to mention they can be left on during moving to protect the cab as well. The Stern protectors are held in place with the leg protectors when you take the legs off.

psmoving (resized).jpgpsmoving (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is a good idea when you have young kids hellbent on destructing everything alround them. A better alternative than having to yell at them to get away from the pinball machine. I WANT them to play it, just not destroy it.

Haha! That is exactly why I started making these again. My toddler has had one too many close calls with my pins

#13 6 years ago

Hi Hank -
I have problems during commando ninja raids on my secret lair, which seem all too frequent these days. Seems like I always find new cabinet dings and scuffs on my pins after the attack is over. Do you think your new protectors will prevent damage from miss-thrown throwing stars, bullet ricochets, and incidental flame thrower blasts?

Thanks. Gotta go, getting a reply from a ransom dem........., um, a PM I sent out.

#14 6 years ago

To protect higher priced pinball machines on location for sure!

#15 6 years ago

Great idea for operators. Pins on location can take a beating. Nice way to protect your investment.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Hi Hank -
I have problems during commando ninja raids on my secret lair, which seem all too frequent these days. Seems like I always find new cabinet dings and scuffs on my pins after the attack is over. Do you think your new protectors will prevent damage from miss-thrown throwing stars, bullet ricochets, and incidental flame thrower blasts?
Thanks. Gotta go, getting a reply from a ransom dem........., um, a PM I sent out.

I can tell you from experience that it handles throwing stars and bullet ricochets (smaller than .45 caliber) like a champ (my wife has a short temper). Unfortunately it doesn't fare well when exposed to a flame thrower. That was an ugly learning experience....

Pinball Shields are the official pinball protector of the Yakuza, so that should tell you something about their durability.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

To protect higher priced pinball machines on location for sure!

Quoted from ita47:

Great idea for operators. Pins on location can take a beating. Nice way to protect your investment.

Thanks! Plus you only need to buy enough sets for your pins on location since they can be easily swapped once you pull your pin off of location and replace it with another.

#20 6 years ago

Holding out for b/w -- come on guys snatch up those stern sets

#21 6 years ago

Only 5 sets left!

Quoted from Mbecker:

Holding out for b/w -- come on guys snatch up those stern sets

Looks like your B/W guys aren't too far away!

1 week later
#22 6 years ago

My manufacturer called and said the Stern test template is ready for me to pickup. I will pick up the template on Tuesday to test fit on my pin, and if there aren't any modifications needed we can start shipping the first run of Pinball Shields!

5 sets left on this run, order yours here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit

#23 6 years ago

The stern ones -- they haven't changed the cab design in a long time right? I want to put it on a sopranos.. assuming it will fit?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

The stern ones -- they haven't changed the cab design in a long time right? I want to put it on a sopranos.. assuming it will fit?

Yes, they fit any modern Stern DMD pin. Great question!

#25 6 years ago

I picked up the test template today and will test it out tonight. If it fits correctly Pinball Shields should start shipping ASAP! I will keep everyone updated.

Get yours here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit

#26 6 years ago

The template worked great and Pinball Shields are being cut! Orders should start shipping this week!

I will keep everyone posted with any updates.

Five sets left!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

The template worked great and Pinball Shields are being cut! Orders should start shipping this week!
I will keep everyone posted with any updates.
Five sets left!

SOL for the backbox?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

SOL for the backbox?

Unfortunately there is no way to secure a protector to Stern backboxes without using adhesive or other non-reversible binding agents.

#29 6 years ago

I'd still like backbox protectors. The ones I have for my MMR I secured with packing tape on the top and bottom. I want them for my location games. The heads get banged together when people shove the games around. And a Bally/WMS game with head bolts that protrude scratch up a Stern game next to it. Yes, there are ways to minimize the damage, but a protector would be the most failsafe.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Unfortunately there is no way to secure a protector to Stern backboxes without using adhesive or other non-reversible binding agents.

got an idea bro, lips on the top and bottom, 2 small mounting screws for each ledge lip top and bottom, snug fit.

Now, I dont know how to bend the lexan at the top and bottom to make ledges that lay flat to hang from the top and tuck under the bottom but i would mind putting in a few small holes that no one sees to mount protection for my game.

Would mylar ruin the art?

#31 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I just dropped the most recent template off at the manufacturer's. The hole for the flipper button was a bit off so I am having them revise the template and make another test sheet for me. I will let you know as soon as I receive the next version (which should be the last).

Thanks for everyones patience and understanding!

1 week later
#32 6 years ago

6/19/17 UPDATE:

The plastic manufacturer is cutting a single Pinball Shield in the polycarbonate material for a production test fit. Once this is approved cutting of all pre-orders will begin!

I am expecting to receive the production piece early this week, which means hopefully pre-orders will start being cut this week as well.

I will update everyone as soon as the polycarbonate production piece has been approved for production.

Thanks!

#33 6 years ago

6/20/17 UPDATE:

The first production Pinball Shield was approved! They are now cutting the remainder of the order and I am hopeful to have them by Friday so I can package and ship them this weekend!

I will let you know when they have started to ship.

Thanks!

I still have 4 spots remaining, purchase yours here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit-pre-order

#34 6 years ago

I'm in, i am routing a gb pro, need to wear protection - heh heh...

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

I'm in, i am routing a gb pro, need to wear protection - heh heh...

Thanks for the order! They will be great for preventing your GB from picking up any pin dieseases
3 sets left!
Order here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/00825-stern-pinball-cabinet-protector-kit-pre-order

Added over 7 years ago: Updated ordering link:

#36 6 years ago

I was looking for something like this, I wanted to put small tables between the pins I have. The problem is, people spill crap. It will leak on the side of the table and stick to the side. not to mention the table will mess the sides up as well. something like this would help solve that issue. I think one time I tried putting a table next to a game, and the stuff I used as a bumper was stuck on the side of the game through beer spillage. took like an hour to clean it off.

Guessing this is only supposed to go on games w/o side armor, I have 5 sterns and 3 have armor. I don't think all the side armor is the same size either.

#37 6 years ago

Really excited to get this and the german play-field protector asap... really stoked!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I was looking for something like this, I wanted to put small tables between the pins I have. The problem is, people spill crap. It will leak on the side of the table and stick to the side. not to mention the table will mess the sides up as well. something like this would help solve that issue. I think one time I tried putting a table next to a game, and the stuff I used as a bumper was stuck on the side of the game through beer spillage. took like an hour to clean it off.
Guessing this is only supposed to go on games w/o side armor, I have 5 sterns and 3 have armor. I don't think all the side armor isn't the same size either.

It actually goes under your side armor, same with lollipops rails. My Pinball Shield just slides underneath.

#39 6 years ago

I would be interested in one for my Getaway if you do B/W games.

#40 6 years ago

Order placed! These are sweet...gotta have protection when you're playing with Luci!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

It actually goes under your side armor, same with lollipops rails. My Pinball Shield just slides underneath.

all you had to say, order placed.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Really excited to get this and the german play-field protector asap... really stoked!

Quoted from xeneize:

Order placed! These are sweet...gotta have protection when you're playing with Luci!

Quoted from hocuslocus:

all you had to say, order placed

Thanks for your orders! We are sold out!

If you are interested in getting in on the next batch of Pinball Shields PM me and I will add you to the waiting list.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would be interested in one for my Getaway if you do B/W games.

Bally/Williams Pinball Shields will be available for pre-order soon. PM me if you would like to get in on the first run.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Hmmm, print side art on these and you could charge $500. I'm in for Swords of Fury!

Then you'd need clear Pinball Shields to protect your art-printed Pinball Shields.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Then you'd need clear Pinball Shields to protect your art-printed Pinball Shields.

You just blew my mind

Order here:

#47 6 years ago

The Pinball Shields are ready for pickup from the manufacturer! I will be mailing out everyone's orders this weekend! You can expect a PM from me with a tracking number.

I have 2 sets available, order here:

Thanks!

#48 6 years ago

Just so i understand... If i order one for my Getaway once you start doing b/w , will i need to remove the side rails to install ? Mine are taped down with VHB and could be a real bitch to get off .

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

The protectors attach to your pin without any modification at all, and affix themselves using the flipper buttons, side rails, legs and coin box.

Did you mean coin door?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Just so i understand... If i order one for my Getaway once you start doing b/w , will i need to remove the side rails to install ? Mine are taped down with VHB and could be a real bitch to get off .

The Bally/Williams Pinball Shields don't slide under the side rails like the Stern Pinball Shields. The B/W protectors sit flush with the side rails and are held in place with several small piece of mylar that attach the plastic and the metal rail. The mylar does not come in contact with the cabinet or any artwork.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Did you mean coin door?

I did, thank you for pointing that out! The front protector slides under the coin door.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-shield-pinball-cabinet-protector/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.