Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2 (resized).png
1 (resized).png

#1 49 days ago

I've been looking for a Hokus Pokus machine for a bit, have had a few come along but am holding out for a nice one, and recently got a message from user Plusecon. Now the account had been registered about a day ago and the message asked me to email someone else, so I was skeptical but I've also received tips from other people about this machine before that were legit.

Anyway, sent the email to see what would happen and got the following message back, screenshots attached

"Harrison - Thanks for writing. Apologies for the delay in response. I just got a chance to check my mail. Yes, I have a 1970’s Vintage Bally Hokus Pokus Pinball Machine for sale. It is in great and working condition other than some minor things that need to be replaced. All the bulbs works perfectly. It is a free play machine. Price is $675 plus Walmart fee, price includes shipping. I'm in South Carolina and will ship via UPS. What is your complete shipping address?"

Checked google and all his pictures came from a sold listing on offerup. So between that and somehow shipping a machine via UPS, I'm pretty sure there's a scammer going through the wanted listings here. Did reply asking for a picture of the side of the machine, see how they deal with that since there wasn't one in the listing on offerup.

1 (resized).png2 (resized).png
#2 49 days ago

Be sure and report it to the moderators so they can ban the account.

#3 49 days ago

100% scam.

Notes from foreign scammers are typically easy to spot. There is an odd cadence to them, certain phrases that are grammatically correct but odd to native speakers.

Just mess with him at this point. Ask for all kinds of bizarre stuff and report back.

#4 49 days ago

Yep, scammer. Thanks for reporting it. The account has been blocked.

#5 47 days ago

I recently had the exact exchange as written above. The only things changed were the item and price.
When I asked for pictures, I was sent pictures of something entirely unrelated. Total scam.

#6 47 days ago

What's a walmart fee? LOL

#7 47 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What's a walmart fee? LOL

Walmart has a money transfer service, which they charge a fee for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Littleton, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 269.00
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 43.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside