(Topic ID: 166179)

Pinball Scene in Raleigh, Durham, Burlington NC area

By Jtslade

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jtslade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Just wondering what the Pinball / Vids scene is like in Raleigh, Durham, Burlington NC area?

Anywhere to play?
    Any good local user forums?
    Any tournament groups/events?
    Any Pinball / Arcade Expos?
    The buy-sell scene? Good, bad, so-so or nonexistent ?

Just wondering, the wife recently visited Burlington and she was blown away at the difference in lifestyle and warmth of people in contrast to South Florida / Miami where you get screamed at and flipped off while driving to work from 3-12 times a day.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I've already noticed that not many homes have basements but the house prices are pretty amazing BTW.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Raleigh has a lot more publicly available pinball machines than south Florida. Even Pantana's on Hillsborough st. next to NC State now has 4 (high end) machines according to Pinmap. They didn't when I used to live there.
    I would move back there if it wasn't for my job keeping me in Miami. People are much nicer and more competent. Crime is a lot lower. Traffic is not nearly as crazy.

thank you for your reply.. everyone thank you for your feedback. It does really seem like a ton of pinball and vids..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jtslade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-scene-in-raleigh-durham-burlington-nc-area?tu=jtslade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.