3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Just wondering what the Pinball / Vids scene is like in Raleigh, Durham, Burlington NC area?

Anywhere to play?
    Any good local user forums?
    Any tournament groups/events?
    Any Pinball / Arcade Expos?
    The buy-sell scene? Good, bad, so-so or nonexistent ?

Just wondering, the wife recently visited Burlington and she was blown away at the difference in lifestyle and warmth of people in contrast to South Florida / Miami where you get screamed at and flipped off while driving to work from 3-12 times a day.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I've already noticed that not many homes have basements but the house prices are pretty amazing BTW.

#2 3 years ago

I was in Raleigh about a month ago for business and went to a place called Boxcar. Really cool barcade with a bunch of Pins. From what I remember, they had MB, AFM, SMVE, WOZ, Hobbit, Walking Dead and some others. Machines were all in great shape.

#3 3 years ago

I believe there's also a good place to play called Level Up

#4 3 years ago

I visit Chapel Hill/Carrboro pretty often and have had a great time at the Baxter Bar and Arcade there: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/the-baxter-bar-and-arcade-chapel-hill-nc-united-states

They seem to rotate in new games monthly if not more often, which is something I love to see in a location.

#5 3 years ago

Raleigh has a lot more publicly available pinball machines than south Florida. Even Pantana's on Hillsborough st. next to NC State now has 4 (high end) machines according to Pinmap. They didn't when I used to live there.
    I would move back there if it wasn't for my job keeping me in Miami. People are much nicer and more competent. Crime is a lot lower. Traffic is not nearly as crazy.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Raleigh has a lot more publicly available pinball machines than south Florida. Even Pantana's on Hillsborough st. next to NC State now has 4 (high end) machines according to Pinmap. They didn't when I used to live there.
    I would move back there if it wasn't for my job keeping me in Miami. People are much nicer and more competent. Crime is a lot lower. Traffic is not nearly as crazy.

thank you for your reply.. everyone thank you for your feedback. It does really seem like a ton of pinball and vids..

#7 3 years ago

Baxter and the Boxcar are great. But check out the Pinside Map as there are a bunch of other places with smaller collections.

BTW if you go to the Boxcar - go to dinner next door at the Pit. (http://www.thepit-raleigh.com/) Some good eatin there

3 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago

Seems odd this region isn't represented on PinballMap.com. They even have Asheville on there, which has far fewer locations.

#9 2 years ago

I come to Chapel Hill about every six months. Unfortunately the Baxter has gone downhill since last time. All the newer Stern games and A list 90s games are gone; apparently they were run by an op they no longer work with. What's left is some Sega and DE, a broken Haunted House, Hyperball, and a few B list 90s b/w. Better than nothing but a downgrade for sure. May have to schlep to Raleigh next time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7.95
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 137.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 87.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside