Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PM-poster-ad-small.jpg
    Pinball-posters-by-Santiago-Ciuffo.jpg
    Pinball - santiago ciuffo Miss-O tilt bg.jpg
    pinballbook.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    image-10.jpg
    image-65.jpg
    Nate HG + book.jpg
    Charlie Emery (Spooky Pinball) + book.JPG
    Pinball total package.jpg
    Pinball Danish translation p2-3.jpg
    Pinball Swedish translation.jpg
    Pinball book first batch halfway through.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 7.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 6.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 5.jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

The international edition of PINBALL, a beautiful photo book by Argentinean photographer Santiago Ciuffo, is now available in 13 languages in the webshop of www.pinball-magazine.com. The book features a wide range of full-page photos of pinball machines in Argentina and the Argentinean pinball scene. See the photos below.

IMG_2187.JPGIMG_2187.JPG
    PINBALL book spread 1.jpgPINBALL book spread 1.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 2.jpgPINBALL book spread 2.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 4.jpgPINBALL book spread 4.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 5.jpgPINBALL book spread 5.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 6.jpgPINBALL book spread 6.jpg
    PINBALL book spread 7.jpgPINBALL book spread 7.jpg

Besides giving an inside look on pinball in Argentina, the book also showcases the often forgotten art on pinball machines. Ciuffo’s eye for detail is shown in photos of games with artwork by artists like Roy parker, George Molentin, Gordon Morison, Doug Watson, Christian Marche, Paul Faris, Greg freres, Kevin O’Connor and others.

Being mostly a photo book the pages with text, describing a bit of pinball history and the situation in Argentina, are only a few. These text pages however are available in 13 different languages. The book itself contains English, French and German. The other 10 languages (Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish) are available as separate 8-page supplements.

Speaking of supplements: the book comes with a special supplement Issue of Pinball Magazine, featuring a 4-page interview with photographer Santiago Ciuffo in 12 languages, including photos that are not in the book. This magazine is also available as a free digital download on www.pinball-magazine.com.

Special bonus:
    With the first 500 orders a free set of 10 exclusive postcards with photos by Ciuffo that were not published in the book will be included as well. These postcards will also be distributed separately at various pinball shows, but never as a set. See for more info: www.pinball-magazine.com.
    IMG_2171.JPGIMG_2171.JPG
    Please note: The book will ship in a special cardboard packaging, which should make sure the book won't get damaged during transport.
    IMG_2189.JPGIMG_2189.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Just ordered it! Can't wait to get one in my hands. I hope you do a fresh printing of Issue 1

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

I hope you do a fresh printing of Issue 1

Thanks for your order Travis. I put up a subscription form on the PM website where those interested in a reprint of PM01 can leave their email address. If you haven't done so, please do. It is the easiest way for me to see how many people are interested and whether a reprint is justifyable. Thanks!

#5 9 years ago

Last Thursday Santiago Ciuffo's new photo book 'PINBALL' was announced and ready to order. Tomorrow the first batch of books will ship! Is your copy not yet in that batch? Just go to www.pinball-magazine.com, read all info and order it right away.
    Pinball book first batch halfway through.jpgPinball book first batch halfway through.jpg
    The first 500 orders get a free set of 10 exclusive postcards with photos that are not in the book for free... So hurry

#6 9 years ago

The first batch of books shipped and the second will ship later this week! In the mean time the various language supplements came in. See pics below. The bottom pic shows the entire package of book, supplement magazine, language supplement and exclusive set of 10 free postcards (limited to the first 500 orders). Read all about it on www.pinball-magazine.com.
    Pinball Swedish translation.jpgPinball Swedish translation.jpg
    Pinball Danish translation p2-3.jpgPinball Danish translation p2-3.jpg
    Pinball total package.jpgPinball total package.jpg

#7 9 years ago

Charlie Emery (Spooky Pinball) + book.JPGCharlie Emery (Spooky Pinball) + book.JPG
    Charlie from Spooky Pinball on Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book: "I received the book in the mail today and WOW... it is INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone involved did a tremendous job on this project! This is flat out the best pinball photography I've ever seen published. Absolutely amazing sir! We'll keep it here at the Spooky Pinball shop for all that visit to see." www.pinball-magazine.com

#8 9 years ago

Totally agree, received it today as well and it is a work of art, gonna read it this weekend. Thanks !

#10 9 years ago

Pinball News just published their review of Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/newpinballbook/

#11 9 years ago

Should be getting mine any day now. Really looking forward to it.

#12 9 years ago

The second batch shipped over a week ago and should be arriving in the USA early this week. In the mean time I collected some more feedback from pinball industry veterans (Roger Sharpe, Greg Freres, Jack Guarnieri and more to follow) and others as well on www.pinball-magazine.com.

#13 9 years ago

My copy arrived on the east coast of the US today in a very sturdy cardboard mailer, thank you, Jonathan! I'm really looking forward to exploring it.

Thank you for all you did to make this book widely available for pinball people everywhere! Congratulations to you and Mr. Ciuffo.

#14 9 years ago

Nate HG + book.jpgNate HG + book.jpg
    "We received a book today. Younger son Nate (4) could not hide his excitement. He recognized couple of pinball machines from our small collection and happily took a picture with a new book.
    Thanks Pinball Magazine and Santiago for bringing pins back to life and promoting them to the young generations." - Teo

#15 9 years ago

Got mine last Friday! Can't wait to dig in....

#16 9 years ago

This book is absolutely fantastic Jonathan. A beautiful work of art. Love it.

#18 9 years ago

It would be cool if you packaged the next issue of the mag with the book to save on shipping

#19 9 years ago

The Book is Amazing! Incredible photos, with outstanding print quality!

This is a must book in a pinball collection!

#20 9 years ago

Got mine early this week, looks fantastic, but one corner got crushed in shipping.

#21 9 years ago

Received mine safe and sound, looks great!

#22 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback

Quoted from vid1900:

It would be cool if you packaged the next issue of the mag with the book to save on shipping

I'm pretty sure by the time Issue 3 becomes (finally) available there will be something like a package deal.

Quoted from calvin12:

Got mine early this week, looks fantastic, but one corner got crushed in shipping.

I'm sure we'll work something out. Just got back from a few days out of the office. Keep an eye on your email.

#23 9 years ago

Paid for my package set yesterday. New book and mag #2. C'mon Unigroove, send it out!

I LOVE all pinball books....these will be nice additions.

image-65.jpgimage-65.jpg image-10.jpgimage-10.jpg
    #24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

very nice collection of books. Looks similar to mine

#25 9 years ago

Thanks! This was a while ago...of course, PinballMagazine is in that stack (from Expo 2012).

#26 9 years ago

I already posted some pics here but I also put up a feedback gallery on www.pinball-magazine.com. The gallery will expand as more photos are coming in (worth to take a look).

Friday May 30th 2014 I'll ship out the next batch of books. All orders coming in up to Friday morning (GMT) will ship in this batch.

#27 9 years ago

Bump
    For those interested: A new batch of book orders will ship out this Friday. Pinball Magazine usually ships their orders once a month, so ordering now gets you still in the batch that ships this week. See www.pinball-magazine.com for all info, reviews, feedback and much more.

#28 9 years ago

So the next shipment of books was scheduled for tomorrow. Now it turns out the DHL drop off office is closed due to a festive holiday. So it will ship Monday. The good news: you can still order the book and be in this batch: www.pinball-magazine.com

#29 9 years ago

8 hours till this month's batch of orders ships (Pinball Magazine No. 2 and/or Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book). Next batch is likely to be in July. www.pinball-magazine.com has all the info, feedback, reviews and more.

#30 9 years ago

How does Santiago Ciuffo's book stack up against Roger Sharpe's classic "Pinball!"? Companion piece? Completely different?

I just picked up a signed first edition of Sharpe's "Pinball!" from a local swap site and I am awaiting the arrival of Ciuffo's book in the mail. Had a bit to say about the contents of the newly acquired Sharpe book here:

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/02/feature-roger-sharpes-pinball/

Will make sure to post a write-up of Mr. Ciuffo's book when it arrives...but from early reports, I won't be disappointed!

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Paid for my package set yesterday. New book and mag #2. C'mon Unigroove, send it out!

i think my 'ol lady would prefer i collected pinball books instead of pinball machines

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Will make sure to post a write-up of Mr. Ciuffo's book when it arrives...but from early reports, I won't be disappointed!

Congratulations on your find regarding Roger's book. I'm interested to read what you will have to say about Santiago Ciuffo's book. There has been feedback of people reminding the book about Roger's book, which I think is a great compliments. However, I do realize they may not have been looking into Roger's book for a while and / or as detailed as you recently did. Looking forward to hear what you'll have to say.

#33 9 years ago

Looks great

#34 9 years ago

I also am a book collector, and can only Rave about the quality of this book...No shortage of Rich, Vibrant photos, tastefully assembled...its a Gem indeed. If one has even a small interest, you wont be disappointed, it deserves a high recommendation!
    With regard to Rogers Book, I had to dig mine up, almost 40 years has gone by...Holy sh@t!, where did that time go?
    There is enough similarity in flavor...its pinball....to enjoy what feels the same, and gain a snickering smile, at what is different.....its more then just comparing photos....The flavor of time is enjoyed like fine wine with the two.

I think I am also melancholy, by the fond memory of getting Rogers book as a gift from him in the 1978, I believe the year, in the NY Pinball Show. It was the unveiling of Sharpshooter, and the Buzz over the game, and the clamor of a new surge in Cocktail pins.

Anyway....worth twice its weight...this is a book that belongs in every collection.....

#35 9 years ago

Th third batch shipped out yesterday. The next batch is expected to ship out early July.
    In the mean time I was interviewed by Charlie Emery for Spooky Pinball Podcast # 51, which became available today. Randy Parlow of ColorDMD is also on the show as a special guest. Check it out at http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast-2/

1 week later
    #36 9 years ago

My book arrived the other day, safe and sound on Canadian soil. Amazing work. Simply amazing, from top to bottom. I've written up a review here:

FEATURE: Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball
    http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/11/feature-santiago-ciuffos-pinball/

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

My book arrived the other day, safe and sound on Canadian soil. Amazing work. Simply amazing, from top to bottom. I've written up a review here:

FEATURE: Santiago Ciuffo's Pinball
    http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/11/feature-santiago-ciuffos-pinball/

Rob
    creditdotpinball.com

Thanks for writing and sharing this review Rob. Very thorough and in-depth.

#38 9 years ago

The feedback gallery for the PINBALL book by Santiago Ciuffo on www.pinball-magazine.com is becoming more and more interesting. It includes photos of numerous pinball industry veterans like Steve Ritchie, Barry Oursler, John Popadiuk and many others, as well as feedback from non industry people who ordered the book. Take a look, you may be missing out on something great! www.pinball-magazine.com

#39 9 years ago

jonathan:
    love the book but hope that you will consider "beefing up" your shipping box when multiples are shipped together.

like the pinball magazine issues that I've received when ordering multiple copies, the corners of all 3 copies of the books that I ordered took a bit of a beating (which is really disappointing considering the excellent quality of the book)

your boxes may be great to ship short distances (within EU and the UK), but everything that I've received on this side of pond has taken quite a beating.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

your boxes may be great to ship short distances (within EU and the UK), but everything that I've received on this side of pond has taken quite a beating.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm already using the thickest carboard packaging avialable. Obviously once the packages are shipped they are 'out of my hands' but that doesn't mean I'm not looking after them. I've had pristine packages arriving and a few that were dropped, or who knows what happens with them. I'll be discussing this with DHL tomorrow.

#41 9 years ago

I also had my copy of the book damaged in transit as well... Nature of the beast I guess when shipping larger books such as these.

#42 9 years ago

IMG_0512.jpgIMG_0512.jpg
    There are still a few free sets of 10 exclusive postcards available for those who order Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book on www.pinball-magazine.com. Order the book now and secure your set of postcards! Next batch ships early July. Free sets of postcards while supplies last. Besides the postcards the book is getting outstanding reviews. Check out the feedback on www.pinball-magazine.com

#43 9 years ago

Santiago Ciuffo made the following video of his book:

Check it out! More info, reviews,feedback, news and more on www.pinball-magazine.com.

#44 9 years ago

Coming back from my vacation, found this awesome book in my mail stack! Thanks Jonathan!

pinballbook.jpgpinballbook.jpg
    #47 9 years ago

Besides planning a nice free by at the Pinball Magazine website (hopefully later this weekend available) I'm also planning a new shipment of Pinball Magazine No. 2 and Santiago Ciuffo's PINBALL book. On the PM website you'll find all info and plenty of reviews and outstanding feedback Next weeks' batch is likely to ship out on July 3rd or 4th. Any orders coming in prior to that will ship in this batch. www.pinball-magazine.com.

#48 9 years ago

This week's batch will ship Friday, July 4th. Any orders coming in prior to 10:00 AM GMT will ship in this batch.

#49 9 years ago

Next batch ships in about 10 hours. Your order can still be in it www.pinball-magazine.com

1 week later
    #50 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

jonathan:
    love the book but hope that you will consider "beefing up" your shipping box when multiples are shipped together.
    like the pinball magazine issues that I've received when ordering multiple copies, the corners of all 3 copies of the books that I ordered took a bit of a beating (which is really disappointing considering the excellent quality of the book)

My book arrived today and is badly damaged too. I am impressed overall with the quality.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-santiago-ciuffo-new-book-now-available/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.