(Topic ID: 25049)

Pinball Run and Cedar Point. What can be Better.

By HemiOrange09

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by HemiOrange09
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2012-09-15_16-36-55_494.jpg
    2012-09-15_13-50-39_478.jpg
    2012-09-15_13-43-19_433.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Well today I did some horse trading with fellow Pinsider on a machine and our meeting place was near Sandusky Ohio, so I bought the family along and went to Cedar Point for the day. The day could not get any BETTER. It's 70° and sunny here in Ohio. Also, today is the first day of their Halloween Weekends

2012-09-15_13-43-19_433.jpg 2012-09-15_13-50-39_478.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Great park! Make sure you do the Top Thrill Dragster and give us a reveiw.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Great park! Make sure you do the Top Thrill Dragster and give us a reveiw.

I am in line for the Top Thrill Dragster right now.... I will post my review soon....

#4 7 years ago

Here a Munster car and my Son. Good Times

2012-09-15_16-36-55_494.jpg

#5 7 years ago

Top thrill dragster is worth it if the wait is below 20 min. Maverick is awesome tho. Especially at night

#6 7 years ago

Wait a minute!! There's a horse in that box!?!

#7 7 years ago

My daughter and I were season pass holders for 3 straight years at Cedar Point.. Such an awesome place! Spend Lots of money there Please.... I own stock ! hahaha

#8 7 years ago

I purchased the new thing here at CP. The quick pass, yes it was extra $$$, but you can ride any coaster in under 20 minutes wait time, today without the quick pass the lines are around 2 hours long, because it such a nice day.

Rode Top Thrill Dragster.... WOW that's FAST, What a RUSH as No Fear says....lol.

We are back in line again for it. 10 minute wait.

#10 7 years ago

TTD is an awesome 14 seconds...LOL.
    The year that Maverick was suppose to open on "Opening Day", it was postponed due to it was still under construction. My daughter and I were disappointed but decided to run to TTD instead off the new Maverick. We were lucky enough to be in the Front seat that chilly May morning.. This is when we got our 1st and only "Rollback" on this awesome coaster..
    A "rollback" is just that.. The train doesn't make it over the peak of the hill and you fall 400+ feet backwards.. Total Rush !! Then the ride operator comes out and ask if anyone wants off? Ha, Yeah Right !! So we get to reset and they fire us back to the top.. This time we make it over. This is something neither one of us will ever forget.. Both of us looking at each other as the train starts to roll backwards down that once World Record height... All we could do was "WOoo Whoooo" and pump are arms at the sky.... Loved it !

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

TTD is an awesome 14 seconds...LOL.
    The year that Maverick was suppose to open on "Opening Day", it was postponed due to it was still under construction. My daughter and I were disappointed but decided to run to TTD instead off the new Maverick. We were lucky enough to be in the Front seat that chilly May morning.. This is when we got our 1st and only "Rollback" on this awesome coaster..
    A "rollback" is just that.. The train doesn't make it over the peak of the hill and you fall 400+ feet backwards.. Total Rush !! Then the ride operator comes out and ask if anyone wants off? Ha, Yeah Right !! So we get to reset and they fire us back to the top.. This time we make it over. This is something neither one of us will ever forget.. Both of us looking at each other as the train starts to roll backwards down that once World Record height... All we could do was "WOoo Whoooo" and pump are arms at the sky.... Loved it !

Love me some Cedar Point!!! Millennium is my Fave!! I actually rode TTD once...or should I say I was pretty much dragged on it!! If I would have had the "rollback" thing happen to me it would've been all over for me... I have "ALMOST" been talked into riding it again by my son...but when we got there and got in line, it went down...they said it was going to be open in 15 min. and by the time it opened I had talked myself out of it....and they couldn't convince me to get back in line for it they rode it but while they were in line it went down a few more times before they got up to it...then they were actually getting on the next car and it went down again No Way would they get me to ride it again at that point!!

Phoebe

#12 7 years ago

Front row of the raptor is about a 10 minute wait now a days. I hit that up about 10 times when I go. They still have a whole wall of pins in the arcade still?

#13 7 years ago

They make you pay for the quick pass now?!

#14 7 years ago

I haven't been to CP since 2003. Funny the Wild Cat tombstone. RIP.

#15 7 years ago

Only been to CP once, but it was a blast! This was way back in 04. Had the greatest experience ever while in line for TTD. Behind us was what appeared to be a family: Son with his wife, and either his parents or his wife's parents. As we approach the platform, the young lady directing people where to go sees the father (who was probably in his 80s, at least, but extremely active and in good health), and starts in with the 'Sir, this ride my not be appropriate for...' and she was cut off mid-sentence by the old man with "Listen here, Missy. I was shot down over Nazi Germany in WW2, I can handle this!'

Needless to say, the girl was flustered, and I got to see one of the members of the greatest generation enjoy one of the greatest coaster experiences in existence.

#16 7 years ago

I went to Cedar Point a few years ago ... Now that's a good road trip (considering I started from New Zealand..) Started in Chicago, drove up to Wisconsin Dells (mt Olympus wooden coasters are the best...) then to Cedar Point, KennyWood, Washington, Philly, Atlantic City, New York ...

Cedar Point is just awesome. I did every coaster in the one day (can't come back when you live on the other side of the planet ...) Enjoyed every single one. The one by the entrance where you go down the curved track was a bit different... Not really a coaster I guess but cool anyway.

Dave.

#17 7 years ago

So what Pin did you acquire?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

They make you pay for the quick pass now?!

Sad to say...Yes. You can purchase a limited quantity fast lane pass "quick pass" for 20 of the most popular rides (mainly the roller coasters) for $65.00 per person and when you purchased 4 of them they are $50.00 per person on top of the admission price. Its new for 2012 and it's a way for the park to make more money (pay to cut in line), but there is no way possible to ride all these great roller coasters in a day with out purchasing it, when they where packed. The lines were 1.5+ hours long, so it was only be possible to ride 7 rides all day. That's no fun. We only waited about 20 minutes or less for any of these coasters. So we rode all them at least twice or more and anything else we wanted to ride throughout the day. It was a fun day for the family.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

They still have a whole wall of pins in the arcade still?

I did not get into the arcade I did not want to press my luck.. .LOL.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from tron1969:

So what Pin did you acquire?

I picked up a Stern Spiderman to go along side of my XM wolverine and Ironman. I guess I am into the Super Heros collection.

#21 7 years ago

LOL at the sticker on the Munster car. I haven't been to CP since 2003. Fun place.

#22 7 years ago

We were there yesterday as well. It was a gorgeous day. Perfect weather. Halloweekends at CP are a total blast and our kids will have life time memories.

The arcade was hopping pretty well. The pinball machines are in average shape. The Fireball took my money as well as one of the old Sega Combat games. The Williams Grand Prix and one of the Hercules both played pretty well. CP has two Hercules machines. There were a fair amount of kids and teenagers playing pinball to be honest with you. They also have a few old EM shooting games some of which work alright.

As for rides, if you are not into the newest and greatest, even on a busy day you can have free reign of some of the older ones. My daughter is 9 and her and I rode the Gemini 4 times, Corkscrew 3 times, Iron Dragon 3 times, Blue Streak 3 times. The Gemini is my favorite from my childhood and my kids all love it as well. My 14 year old sons waited almost 2 hours to get on the Maverick. After that, they just went with us on some of the older ones with 5-10 minute waits.

All in all, a great day at a great American amusement park!

#23 7 years ago

Took my dad there last year for his 70th. We loved it. Millennium Force was probably our favorite.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

We were there yesterday as well. It was a gorgeous day. Perfect weather. Halloweekends at CP are a total blast and our kids will have life time memories.
    The arcade was hopping pretty well. The pinball machines are in average shape. The Fireball took my money as well as one of the old Sega Combat games. The Williams Grand Prix and one of the Hercules both played pretty well. CP has two Hercules machines. There were a fair amount of kids and teenagers playing pinball to be honest with you. They also have a few old EM shooting games some of which work alright.
    As for rides, if you are not into the newest and greatest, even on a busy day you can have free reign of some of the older ones. My daughter is 9 and her and I rode the Gemini 4 times, Corkscrew 3 times, Iron Dragon 3 times, Blue Streak 3 times. The Gemini is my favorite from my childhood and my kids all love it as well. My 14 year old sons waited almost 2 hours to get on the Maverick. After that, they just went with us on some of the older ones with 5-10 minute waits.
    All in all, a great day at a great American amusement park!

Sorry I did not see you there yesterday...LOL. We also made some great memories of the day.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jobi:

Took my dad there last year for his 70th. We loved it. Millennium Force was probably our favorite.

We also love riding the Millennium Force, but the Maverick is our favorite. It's not as fast but it wicked, twisting you back and forth then upside down. And riding it at night adds a new dimension to the ride.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 218.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside