5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

The sling rubbers on my GotG Prem are beginning to break down and fray. I obviously have to replace them, but I'm thinking of replacing everything. I'm not looking to change the gameplay, but I wouldn't mind adding some color. I've read a lot of threads about this topic, and they are full of "I like this" opinion. That's fine, but I'm just looking for factual differences of the products available. That way I can decide which I want to try.

I've read that there are rubber, urethane, poly, silicone and maybe more...Some of the things I'm wondering about are listed below. If you can think of other factual differences, please list them.

What are the bounce characteristics of each?
    What are the trap/catch characteristics of each?
    Do all types come in colored versions?
    Do all types come in flipper, post sleeves and rings, and sling rubbers?
    Are the types specific to a certain application...opposite question from the one above?

Looking at kits, but willing to buy individual if different characteristics sound like I'd like them in different areas. Thanks for input!!

#2 5 years ago

I like Titans for rings and flippers.
    I like Super Bands for posts.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I like Titans for rings and flippers.
    I like Super Bands for posts.

What about slingshots?

#4 5 years ago

I use Titan rings for slings.

#5 5 years ago

I prefer the traditional rubber rings on my location games.
    They seem to last longer than the replacements...

I do replace post sleeves and flipperfingers with superbands which do last a really long time.

I don’t really like superbands as rings for the use in slingshots for example as they don’t stretch enough for good slingshot action IMO.

#6 5 years ago

Bounce characteristics are always different even between different brands of real rubber. Usually synthetic is less bouncy and more grippy, to varying degrees. I usually prefer Marco's regular white rubber and red for flippers, but titan are also quite nice. I find them the most similar and sometimes prefer them on flippers. Plus translucent looks good on slingshots and everywhere else, no need to worry about whether a color will look good or not.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rubber-just-the-facts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.