• 42 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dmbjunky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
Timmy_(resized).jpg
Timmy_1_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

The truck is gassed up. I'm gassed up. It is time to end 2015 with a Pinball Road Trip. Expected total drive time there and back is 13 hours. And so it begins...

image_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Cool!
Keep us posted with pics of what you get.
I could use a vicarious road trip.

#4 3 years ago

what a dick tease.....

#5 3 years ago

He just doesn't want anyone within 6.5 hours of the game to scoop up his deal before he gets there!

#6 3 years ago

Connecticut Welcomes You!

image_(resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

They welcomed me with about 20 miles of fog...

image_(resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where ya goin, what ya gettin?

Heading to the middle of Pennsylvania to pick up some classic Stern goodness. The current owners are non-pinheads that said the grandkids don't play it anymore. So that comes with the obvious risks. The pictures were kind of dark, so I'm doing this one on the hope that it is in decent shape. It's a game I've been looking for for a while now, so it's worth a try.

2.5 hours in, and it's time for more coffee in Danbury, CT!!!

image_(resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

He just doesn't want anyone within 6.5 hours of the game to scoop up his deal before he gets there!

Man, that would be a disaster. I can handle it if the game ends up being a load, but getting scooped would suck after this long a drive.

#10 3 years ago

Totally jealous. Mmmmmm Starbucks and Classic Sterns.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Totally jealous. Mmmmmm Starbucks and Classic Sterns.

I'm not jealous that he has to drive through Connecticut.

#12 3 years ago

I call this one "Gas station soap in repose".

image_(resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

Looks so clean!! A little Novus and some buffing ... NAH!! CAN'T WASTE TIME ON NON-PINBALL STUFF!!!

#14 3 years ago

What a coincidence im heading into pa also to look at some pins...... jk good luck hope it all works out

#15 3 years ago

Another hour of driving left. I guess that 6.5 hour each way guess was optimistic. Oh well, the Doritos and Gatorade are flowing!

#16 3 years ago

Get home before the drunks are out!

#17 3 years ago

Nice to follow this while Im stuck working....Im rooting for you, cant wait to see the outcome...good luck

#18 3 years ago

Good luck! And this just in........Starbucks sucks.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Good luck! And this just in........Starbucks sucks.

What don't you like about burnt, overpriced coffee???

DUNKIN', BABY!!!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Starbucks sucks.

Agreed!

#21 3 years ago

I've got a truck full of Stars!!!

image_(resized).jpg

Worth the trip (to me).

#22 3 years ago

I got to play it a bit. Little rough, but good bones. Broken bushings, coil sleeves needed, and a mess of lights. Oh, and a bad connection somewhere for the drops. Mine! Now for a long ride home.

#23 3 years ago

I love long pinball road trips. Sorta like mini vacations. Always memorable. Only advise is don't feel bad if you come home empty. A pocket full of money is better than a bad deal. That dude in South Carolina with that junk machine was shocked that I would drive that far only to change my mind.

#24 3 years ago

I think I just saw Dave drive past my house...

#25 3 years ago

Well I'm in Hershey, PA, so I may as well.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago

Oh, God...you've got a long way to go...

#27 3 years ago

I am about to make a 9hr 17min road trip one way to pick up a machine. However,
I am braking it into two days. This is not a pin you put on a truck. Plus, freezing rain
and possible snow. That does not sound fun. I get to move threw flooded area of St. Louis area as well
I am hoping water resides down and the weather holds off next weekend.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What don't you like about burnt, overpriced coffee???
DUNKIN', BABY!!!

TIMMY, TIMMY'S!

Timmy_1_(resized).png

Timmy_(resized).jpg

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, God...you've got a long way to go...

Right now New Jersey contains a whole lot of awesome between you, me, and Stars!

#30 3 years ago

If you're wearing one of your Hawaiian shirts, it just got even more awesome.

And Ted and I are donning one to pay homage to our passing pinhead...

#31 3 years ago

This is weird. I can see New York City from my parking spot in the rest area. And yet I'm not driving over for a night of craziness because it's New Year's Eve and it would be too crazy. Strange indeed.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is weird. I can see New York City from my parking spot in the rest area. And yet I'm not driving over for a night of craziness because it's New Year's Eve and it would be too crazy. Strange indeed.

No. You're normal.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Woodrow Wilson service center on the NJ Turnpike?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Woodrow Wilson service center on the NJ Turnpike?

Close. It was the Vince Lombardi.

Hey, what do Lord Of the Rings, Wizard Of Oz, and Stars all have in common? All 3 have them were hauled up the Merrit Parkway through Connecticut in the back of my truck! 141 miles left. Looks like this won't get delivered to my basement until 2016.

#35 3 years ago

Happy New Year from Sturbridge Massachusetts. Home of Pintastic 2016 (make your reservations). Also home of the perfectly timed rest stop!

#36 3 years ago

Congrats bro. Good game!

#37 3 years ago

770 miles. I got to meet Terry, Peggy and their dog Spike. Nice folks from the middle of Pennsylvania. They owned the game for the last 15 years and it sound like there was a lot of fun on it in that time with the kids and grandkids. Terry had a really nice space in the basement, but the cool part was that he had pictures from him hunting and fishing back to around 1971. It was sort of a chronology of his life over the last 45 years.

The chocolate tour was fun, but really it was all about the Stars. I've been looking for one for a while now, and it's finally in the house. I'm leaving it in the garage to warm it up a bit, then into the basement in the morning. Don't want to scare it with the big swing from the truck to the gameroom.

Totally worth the drive. I'm very sure that I will end up putting more money into the game than it is worth, and I don't care. Heck, I've probably already spent too much on it. But when it's a game you really wanted, hey, you only live once! You may as well be a Stars!

image_(resized).jpg

Time for a beer!

#38 3 years ago

Congrats!
Great classic Stern game, and looks to be in good shape.
Easy to understand, hard to master.
Drop targets and spinners.........
Love the chimes.

#39 3 years ago

EXACTLY how I feel about my Power Play. Heck I already have more in it than it's worth (to somebody else) BUT!! It's a game I remember fondly and it ain't for sale. Just like that thing they said in Full Metal Jacket ... This is my pinball machine, there are many others like it but THIS ONE IS MINE!!

#40 3 years ago

Congrats! Very nice find. Been looking for a Stars for a long time myself. And you got it in my back yard almost.
I got a bunch of playfield parts if you need any.

#41 3 years ago

Congrats!

#42 3 years ago

Awesome. Great to see some love thrown towards Stars. You're backglass looks to be in pretty good shape. You've just given me the motivation to work on my Stars' rectifier board today. Wish me luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edmonton, AB
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 19.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside