Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Lounge.JPG
    AC:DC.JPG
    ACDC.JPG
    Pinball_5.jpg
    Pinball_7.jpg
    Pinball_2.jpg
    Pinball_1.jpg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Just awesome.

#52 11 years ago

Made my day, Chris!

Thanks for sharing.

Art

#53 11 years ago

that is awesome, love the guys work.

if you hit europe or australia make sure you have a transformer otherwise you won't be able to play.

#54 11 years ago

That's the best pinball accessory I have seen this year!

OutF@$KingStanding

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

backstage passes for pinside members? ; )
    Look me up if you come through New Orleans. Always cool to meet another music biz tech guy. I did stage/sound tech for 15+ years.
    PS. I hope John Melloncamp has mellowed with age ; )

Cool. I will look you up.

No comment on your second statement.

Chris

1 year later
    #56 10 years ago

John's wife was having a blast last night after the show.

http://Instagram.com/p/fyv7FOE3qQ/

PS: I have friends who follow her and say she is amazingly funny. If your bored with your current twitter feeds this could be something new for you.

chris

#57 10 years ago

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen for transport....

#58 10 years ago

Are you bringing the machine to Auckland, Chris?

If Johns wife wants to play, she can come up to my apartment in the city. 5 minutes walk to Vector Arena.

ACDC, Xmen, BMTDK, Ironman, SM up there.

rd.

#59 10 years ago

Man, can I work for you? PLEASE pm me.

#60 10 years ago

But like I say if the check clears I will work for just about anyone.
    chris

Even the Dan??

Always wanted to see how it turned out, looks awesome. Where's it get setup, exactly? What made you choose family Guy?

hit me up when you're back in Wisconsin. I'll throw a party and you won't even have to do anything.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Even the Dan??
    Always wanted to see how it turned out, looks awesome. Where's it get setup, exactly? What made you choose Family Guy?
    hit me up when you're back in Wisconsin. I'll throw a party and you won't even have to do anything.

You mean Steely Dan? I did a Donald Fagan tour that was amazing. He is a strange dude but super nice.

It is set up in a different location each day. We typically set it up outside of the production office. All depends on the location of the office. The other day the office was next to JL's dressing room. He was taking a nap and came out and made those that were playing it turn it off. The picture posted is from the stage. It was set-up directly behind the stage. Luckily the show is loud enough that people can play it anytime.

FG was chosen because 99.9% of the people in the industry know what family guy is. So even if they don't know pinball they can enjoy the call outs. Actually there is a group that is glued to the machine most afternoons. So much so that on our day off in MKE we are going to drive one of the tour busses out to the house for an afternoon of pinball and fun.

I originally wanted to bring something music themed but I know AC/DC would chew people up and they would walk away and not play again. FG has def captured everyones attention.

I should reset the audits so I can see how many games end up on it at the end of the tour. Never thought of that.

Just ordered some bits from Terry so I can clean and fix a few things in NYC over the next couple of days.

chris

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Are you bringing the machine to Auckland, Chris?
    If Johns wife wants to play, she can come up to my apartment in the city. 5 minutes walk to Vector Arena.
    ACDC, Xmen, BMTDK, Ironman, SM up there.
    rd.

I wish I was. We are cutting it close with the air freight we are sending to AUS. Finish in the states on the 1st of Dec. Catch a plane with the gear on the 2nd and land in Perth on the 4th. Show on the 5th. No way I can ask the boss to pay the fees to fly that thing on a plan like that.

I will say that if this thing moves to the arena level here in the states next year I might add a friend for the FG. probably a music themed pin at that point.

chris

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I wish I was. We are cutting it close with the air freight we are sending to AUS. Finish in the states on the 1st of Dec. Catch a plane with the gear on the 2nd and land in Perth on the 4th. Show on the 5th. No way I can ask the boss to pay the fees to fly that thing on a plan like that.
    I will say that if this thing moves to the arena level here in the states next year I might add a friend for the FG. probably a music themed pin at that point.
    chris

No need to bring one machine when I have 5 just around the corner ...

rd.

#64 10 years ago

That thing is bad ass. I almost want one for but can't come up with a reason why!

#65 10 years ago

Um, you just won pinball. All of it.

#66 10 years ago

That's pretty cool Chris!

#67 10 years ago

That is pretty cool!

#68 10 years ago

Awesome case! And high five for Lake Geneva

#69 10 years ago

Wow, most people would bring an iPad with Pinball Arcade. You, sir, are not most people!

#71 10 years ago

That Case is Super Cool.. STI/NAVL needs to have 50 or so of those cases made. And then send them with the truck to pick up games=the end of freight claims as they know it!

3 months later
    #72 10 years ago

very cool

#73 10 years ago

Hey, small world. I knew I saw that family guy in another thread. I love Tom over at MT. We use him for everything. Very cool!

#74 10 years ago

I may have to hit him up now...im a "corporate roadie"...damn you.

#75 10 years ago

$1300 for a custom fabrication like that sounds totally fair. Such a cool idea. I know companies who rent out pinball machines for events (Bar Mitvahs, parties, etc). If they could work out a bulk rate of like $1000 apiece I'm sure companies like that would love to roll-on and roll-off games, would save time and money. Thanks for sharing!

#76 10 years ago

Very cool, though FG is the last game of the 23 from your collection that I would have chosen to bring. I showed the pictures to some friends and they all thought it was way cool.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Very cool, though FG is the last game of the 23 from your collection that I would have chosen to bring. I showed the pictures to some friends and they all thought it was way cool.

Yeah it was a conscious decision to buy and bring FG. I originally was going to buy an AC/DC pro but is just so brutal for people that don't play a lot. I knew it would chew and spit people out and they wouldn't play again.

FG is something that 99.999999% of people at least know of.
    And the call outs are fun and ball time is fairly long. So I knew it would give people a chance and wouldnt scare people off.

I say 99.99999% because we had one guy that had never heard of FG and had no frame of reference.

In the end we ended up with 5 people that tuned into diehard players. At least 2 hours a day while we were on your. One guy bought a TOM because he started playing pin and then played the app for an iPad and fell in love with TOM.

I'll add another machine for a tour if it's an arena thing and that will be AC/DC or something with shorter ball times.

Chris

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I may have to hit him up now...im a "corporate roadie"...damn you.

yeah I cut my teeth with a regional company in KC then moved back to the area and worked for Upstaging for 6 years and cut lose to do my own thing. I know the corporate side very well.

I deal with Mike over there. Great dudes. They actually loved the project Since it was something they hadn't done before and since I came in with specifics surrounding pitch and such they were on board right away.

Chris

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

yeah I cut my teeth with a regional company in KC then moved back to the area and worked for Upstaging for 6 years and cut lose to do my own thing. I know the corporate side very well.
    I deal with Mike over there. Great dudes. They actually loved the project Since it was something they hadn't done before and since I came in with specifics surrounding pitch and such they were on board right away.
    Chris

Im working on a group buy opportunity for our shop. Every one pitches in $2k and we get a woz for the road...lol.

#80 10 years ago

Ha. Man I would be worried about that one holding up on the road.

I've been really happy with the FG and how it's held up. Only issue is the scoop switch would fall off. Added some nylock nuts and haven't had a problem since.

It's def a stress reliever and can be a moral builder. Mid afternoon after load-in everyone would hang and play pinball.

Working on a case for a ping pong table next and then another pin case. Probably an AC/DC or a cheap MET.

Chris

4 months later
    #81 9 years ago

AC/DC is loaded up and ready for the summer.

ACDC.JPGACDC.JPG

#82 9 years ago

Just caught up on this thread. That is pretty damn cool. Looking forward to pics from the road.

#83 9 years ago

what band are you on the road with now?

#84 9 years ago

Same dude. I think the only way I'm getting away from this one is if I quit.

chris

#85 9 years ago

that is great!

must be a blast! I would love to hear some stories at the nexy party.

#86 9 years ago

Love that thing...

#87 9 years ago

ChrisS,
    Updated pic of case, FGY and miles travelled please.

#88 9 years ago

Hey,

I love this idea. Can you or would you be willing to send me over the case size so I can build one. This would be great when I am on long video shoots for weeks at a time on location. The crew would love it! Plus, I have to pack the gear up and trailer it anyway. This would fit perfect in the Gaffer/DL truck.

#90 9 years ago

That is fantastic.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

AC/DC is loaded up and ready for the summer.

ACDC.JPG 108 KB

I want that when you're done with it if i don't have a premium, mkay?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I want that when you're done with it if i don't have a premium, mkay?

Sure the side art might be a little beat up. $5K and its yours. I know what your going to say but by then Music stars will have touched it.

chris

#93 9 years ago

If you come to Orlando or Tampa I'll come and clean and tune that thing up for you or if you need some parts let me know . I love the case what a great idea !

3 weeks later
    #94 9 years ago

AC:DC.JPGAC:DC.JPG

AC/DC got its own office and room today. With the sub now mounted under it; this machine just rocks.

chris

#95 9 years ago

Pinball Lounge.JPGPinball Lounge.JPG

I love my assistant. She actually gave the machine its own lounge today.

chris

#96 9 years ago

Hey Chris you keepin the outside of the cases clean or are you putting stickers from all the cities the tour has been to on the cases?

#97 9 years ago

Badass!!!!

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I love my assistant. She actually gave the machine its own lounge today.
    chris

Pinball Lounge.JPG 108 KB

And if you want a fighting chance at winning a few bucks, you may want her to play for you as well...

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

And if you want a fighting chance at winning a few bucks, you may want her to play for you as well...

I hate your face.........

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-road-case/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.