Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Lounge.JPG
    AC:DC.JPG
    ACDC.JPG
    Pinball_5.jpg
    Pinball_7.jpg
    Pinball_2.jpg
    Pinball_1.jpg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

The case building company I use just finished my pinball case so I can take a machine on tour with me. I think it turned our great. Can't wait to get it back so I can finish shopping the machine. Its hard to tell in the picture but its sitting at about a 7 degree pitch so it plays as it would on its legs.

Just thought I would share something fun and different.

chris

Pinball_1.jpgPinball_1.jpg Pinball_2.jpgPinball_2.jpg Pinball_7.jpgPinball_7.jpg Pinball_5.jpgPinball_5.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please don't use all caps in thread headers.

#2 11 years ago

Thats ^%^%^^ sweet. How much did they charge......I know how much a case is to hold a drum set so i can take a guess.

Post edited by moderator: Language

#3 11 years ago

$1300.00. I know that could be another machine but I'm getting ready to start a tour that will be traveling the entire world for the next 18 months. So its going to go everywhere. Trucks, SeaCans, Airplanes and the like. I'm interested in seeing how well it does. Next stop. Pinball life to stock up on parts.

chris

#4 11 years ago

Hey Chris, what do you do touring? Band?

#6 11 years ago

That is feckin amazing! Thx for sharing..

#7 11 years ago

Travel safe. Cool case.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey Chris, what do you do touring? Band?

Yeah. I'm in the Music Business. Basically I'm in charge of organizing all the sound, lighting and band gear we need for a show. I've been doing it for about 16 years now and I'm finally at the point where I just miss my machines when I'm gone. It sucks touring the world and getting excited when you see a pin in a bar or somewhere and you go to play it and its broken and just sucks your money in. Its really dejecting. This solves this problem

chris

#9 11 years ago

Very impressive...

#10 11 years ago

That's FREAKIN' SWEET!

Now that's a dedicated pinball MOD

#11 11 years ago

Wow. More evidence that people go above and beyond when it comes to pinball. That is awesome.

#12 11 years ago

Totally awesome Chris. Bringing your own pin along will be so enjoyable. What a sweet gig. Good luck with the tour.

#13 11 years ago

This is awesome. I expected the price to be higher.

#14 11 years ago

Great case.
    I did security for concerts for 13 years. I miss the Music business

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

This is awesome. I expected the price to be higher.

Yeah these guys build cases for a living. So they end up building lots of simple and repeated things. So they were actually excited about the project. It only took 2 revisions. I can't wait to get the machine back. I ran it down to them and set it up so they could do final measurements and such. I'm looking forward to checking the plat count meter. I told them to play it so I'm not worried about how many plays are on it.

chris

#16 11 years ago

That is super cool.I'm a musician,used to tour quite a bit,never really had that kind of budget,that's so awesome.Good Luck and Have Fun,Scott

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

That is super cool.I'm a musician,used to tour quite a bit,never really had that kind of budget,that's so awesome.Good Luck and Have Fun,Scott

Yeah when your touring with 6 semi trailers worth of gear there is a little more room to fit these kinds of things into the pack.

chris

#19 11 years ago

Which act(s) do you work with?

#20 11 years ago

That is dedication.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from damionrowe:

Which act(s) do you work with?

Currently,

John Legend and John Mellencamp.

the list is long and endless from the past. But like I say if the check clears I will work for just about anyone.

chris

#22 11 years ago

Great stuff

#23 11 years ago

Coolest thing ive seen today by far. Way to think "outside the box" (pun intended lol)

Silly question: How do you get to the power button? Cant see that side. Hole cute out?

#24 11 years ago

Wow. Nice.
    One more item on the "When I win the Lottery" list.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Coolest thing ive seen today by far. Way to think "outside the box" (pun intended lol)
    Silly question: How do you get to the power button? Cant see that side. Hole cute out?

Yeah there is a hole cut out on the other side to get your hand in there to flip it on. Caster are all locking so it can't move around once you have it in place. Only issue will be leveling. I just need to find a level place everyday.

chris

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

But like I say if the check clears I will work for just about anyone. []

I use the same gauge for who I work for!!

Tom

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Only issue will be leveling. I just need to find a level place everyday.

I was thinking about that... Could be an issue depending on the place. I would bring along a few small square sheets of metal along and use them to help get it level. Would be easier then setting it up checking the level then moving to another place and retrying. Just a thought.

#28 11 years ago

Man that's sweet. I would have that in a heart beat for 1300

#29 11 years ago

this is genious!!!!!

#30 11 years ago

Now, you need to build a few more and rent them out for shipping.

They could be smaller, because customers would not need the parts drawers.

Anyone spending $7k on a high end restore would not blink at renting an "anvil pinball case" for $300.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

I was thinking about that... Could be an issue depending on the place. I would bring along a few small square sheets of metal along and use them to help get it level. Would be easier then setting it up checking the level then moving to another place and retrying. Just a thought.

Yeah I will make it something simple to deploy. Put the leveling thing will be the final piece of the puzzle.

chris

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Now, you need to build a few more and rent them out for shipping.
    They could be smaller, because customers would not need the parts drawers.
    Anyone spending $7k on a high end restore would not blink at renting an "anvil pinball case" for $300.

Actually the drawers are a bonus. It sits at the correct height for stern legs.

chris

#33 11 years ago

I have no need for this at all, but I want one. Very cool.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Actually the drawers are a bonus. It sits at the correct height for stern legs.

Sure, I understand that, but for pure shipping (not touring), smaller volume would result in a lower cost.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah I will make it something simple to deploy. Put the leveling thing will be the final piece of the puzzle.
    chris

Come on Chris, a "star player" like you should have no problem playing at any degree!

Have fun man!

Aaron

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Goonie:

Come on Chris, a "star player" like you should have no problem playing at any degree!
    Have fun man!
    Aaron

No No, Your a star player.

One of these days I need to have you and Jay up to the house. AC/DC is set up and rocking couple machines in the garage so people can smoke cigars and chill.

chris

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sure, I understand that, but for pure shipping (not touring), smaller volume would result in a lower cost.

Ah I see where your coming from. Yes there is some saving to be had in the design. As a first pass for these guys I think they nailed it.

chris

#38 11 years ago

I really think this is the coolest thing I've seen all month.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

thanks

#40 11 years ago

Chris, if your ever in the Detroit area, and you need a change from the game you brought on the road, your welcome to stop by and Play my Apollo 13. Just drop me a pm.

Brian

#41 11 years ago

sounds kind of crazy but what the hell - bringing everything else may as well bring some game

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

Chris, if your ever in the Detroit area, and you need a change from the game you brought on the road, your welcome to stop by and Play my Apollo 13. Just drop me a pm.
    Brian

Thanks Brian,

It's on the short list of machines. I'll look you up as we put the tour together for sure.

chris

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I agree. Way cool !

LTG

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

No No, Your a star player.
    One of these days I need to have you and Jay up to the house. AC/DC is set up and rocking couple machines in the garage so people can smoke cigars and chill.
    chris

Did someone say cigars and AC/DC? On my way now!

#45 11 years ago

That is pretty slick. Now you can enjoy your pins on the road this will make a world of difference to you. Very cool.

#46 11 years ago

Sooooo Awesome!

#47 11 years ago

this is really cool!!!

#48 11 years ago

Really ingenious design.Enjoy the tour.

#49 11 years ago

backstage passes for pinside members? ; )

Look me up if you come through New Orleans. Always cool to meet another music biz tech guy. I did stage/sound tech for 15+ years.

PS. I hope John Melloncamp has mellowed with age ; )

#50 11 years ago

Chris, that's awesome!

Have a bunch of road cases in my garage that I have retired. Good to see some "outside the box" thinking, so to speak.

Pretty sure this tour will be your most enjoyable. Life on the road generally sucks.

If you're ever in need of a bassist, let me know!

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-road-case and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.