Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Walking Dead PRO and PREMIUM / LE have the same shared high score table???

No fixed rom ver? Even when there can be big scoring changes from one to an other?

No check for hacked / moded roms?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

The biggest part of this process is the vetting process of results. This is what TG uses for their video game high score submissions. Every submission gets peer reviewed and there's a chance for reviewers to comment on the video and bring to light and perceived shenanigans. The reputation of the player submitting is on the line with each submission so YMMV in terms of finding ways to cheat and then hiding that throughout the entire video submission.
    Some 'advantages' will just exist (for example carpeted floor versus concrete floor), but that's what makes this experimental. Gotta start with something

At the very least breakup pro and PREMIUM / LE. They are not the same game.

Also rom ver with there scoring adjustments / rule changes from one to an other needs to be fixed like other games in TG.

Both things are stuff that can't really fixed with peer review.

Also what is the rule on game play bugs? (TG does have some rules for Video games that kind of cover that)

Stuck balls? (they did not list any thing about that there rules are for that?)
    Broken / not fully working games? (makes peer reviewed a little iffy for people who may not know if a game is working right but see something that makes them thing it is broken)

They say ball saver off but valid playfield is still on and will save balls for that.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

Everything will be comment-able in the peer review process
    Good luck freeing a stuck ball on video and accidentally knocking down 4 sets of drop targets.
    Valid playfield is also something that is easily comment-able:
    One user posts "at 13 minutes he plunged ball two, drained and got the ball back and the display still showed ball two"
    Second user posts "that's fine, the playfield wasn't valid because he only hit the following switches"
    At some point everything will come down to the smell test (or in this case the sight test).
    If we were playing for $100,000 I'd offer Lyman half of that to put in some cheater flipper code, and chances are enough people know how the game SHOULD be behaving, that I'll be busted for the game giving out points it shouldn't be giving out.
    I nominate you Joe to review every video submission for fairness. Nobody will sneak anything by you
    And to limit the audience to PRO OR LE just doesn't make sense for this initial push. We're not starting this campaign by already making things confusing from the start. Set up any Walking Dead to our specs, get that camera going, and join in the fun!

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Everything will be comment-able in the peer review process
    Good luck freeing a stuck ball on video and accidentally knocking down 4 sets of drop targets.
    Valid playfield is also something that is easily comment-able:
    One user posts "at 13 minutes he plunged ball two, drained and got the ball back and the display still showed ball two"
    Second user posts "that's fine, the playfield wasn't valid because he only hit the following switches"
    At some point everything will come down to the smell test (or in this case the sight test).
    If we were playing for $100,000 I'd offer Lyman half of that to put in some cheater flipper code, and chances are enough people know how the game SHOULD be behaving, that I'll be busted for the game giving out points it shouldn't be giving out.
    I nominate you Joe to review every video submission for fairness. Nobody will sneak anything by you
    And to limit the audience to PRO OR LE just doesn't make sense for this initial push. We're not starting this campaign by already making things confusing from the start. Set up any Walking Dead to our specs, get that camera going, and join in the fun!

Valid play field should be expended in the general rules just so that people who are not big pinball people know about it before hand or set ball saver to 1 sec (But on TWD it's seems to not count bummer time). 1 sec seems to at least trun the light on to tell people that playfield is valid.

There should be some kind of stuck ball rule just so there is some thing to point to so there is not a big debate maybe not now but latter.

I don't know if I have the time to look at videos to check them and for some stuff having a live view is better.

Having cheater flipper code is one thing but an other thing is bugs in games that can look like a cheat to some one.

Well for PRO OR LE on some games the LE stuff can be disabled to make it play the same.

What about rom ver's other then just must later then X ver? Down the road for new games they have big changes from one to an other.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-returns-to-twin-galaxies-with-worldwide-walking-dead-tournamen?tu=joe_blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.