14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

There is going to be a pinball resurgence in the future!A lot of guys around my age "50" are collecting pins new and old,because we played them growing up and it was great entertainment.Our grand children will have access to pinball and will be encouraged to play with us!Stern has already said the home market is out doing the commercial market and will continue to do so.My son is also been bitten by the pin bug.resugence is in the future!!

#2 14 years ago

Good post Scooter, you are dead right, exciting times ahead.
    Cheers
    Leigh

#3 14 years ago

My next door neighbours kid absolutely loves my star wars machine. He's aways asking his mum if he can go play it. I gave them a key so he can play it whenever he likes. Everyone who sees my machines are always impressed. If there was a little more marketing about them, and they were a little cheaper, there would be a resurgence for sure.

#4 14 years ago

Man I hope so,
    I cant see why people dig that mega touch junk when a pin like FISH TALES or T-ZONE is sitting right next to it un-used at the local PUB.

#5 14 years ago

I think so too, I'm 47 and could finally afford to get my first machine, funny thing is, my neighbor, who is in his mid twenties, has one too.

#6 14 years ago

'LOL' ^ as per post above! I have been working out of town ALOT the past 2 months and nothing to do after work but, what else, goto the local PUB. They had a Wheel of Fortune and a Shrek pin at the last town I was in. Nobody EVER played them, shitty pins, but ok, had a few pints and threw in a few dollars. Everyone played that touch screen shiet at the bar and the gambling touch screen games. Pins, just sitting there.
    For SURE tho, pinball is going to resurrect. I am always on the lookout locally for games for sale. Just missed a 100% working Whirlwind for 800 bucks, cuz I was working out of town dammit!
    Too many younger kids now adays with nothing to do but cause havoc. I think an arcade would work in any town or city. Have some 'old school' stuff. And sure, keep up with the times and have an XBOX and PLAYSTATION multicade and one of those Dance Dance Revolution machines. I have a 100 in 1 Jamma arcade machine along with my pins and the younger kids that come over when I have social events play them all and think they are soooo cool! YES!! THEY STILL ARE COOL! duh?!??!?

4 years later
    #7 10 years ago

HEY...this guy was right!

Quoted from scooter:

There is going to be a pinball resurgence in the future!A lot of guys around my age "50" are collecting pins new and old,because we played them growing up and it was great entertainment.Our grand children will have access to pinball and will be encouraged to play with us!Stern has already said the home market is out doing the commercial market and will continue to do so.My son is also been bitten by the pin bug.resugence is in the future!!

#8 10 years ago

Wish I had been buying four years ago instead of now!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-resurgence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.