(Topic ID: 127754)

Pinball Resource web site down? (SOLVED)

By Rat_Tomago

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_wopr.jpg
    _computer.jpg
    univac1_census.jpg
    univac_1_inside_med.gif
    _pingPBR.JPG
    _PBR2.JPG
    _PBR.JPG

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I have been trying to view pinball resource website for parts the past few days and every time I visit it is down. Is this true for everyone else?

#2 8 years ago

Works fine for me.

#4 8 years ago

No matter which web browser I use I get this error in the picture attached. I have cleaned my cache and registry. Just plain weird.

_PBR.JPG_PBR.JPG
    #5 8 years ago

YOU'VE BEEN BANNED!!!!

#7 8 years ago

I tried 3 different web browsers... about to try my laptop and cell phone and then if that doesn't work then I will call up Verizon and ask them "WTF?"

#8 8 years ago

Just checked on my Mac laptop as well...same thing. I will have to just call Steve on Monday and ask whats going on since I have paid all my bills. They did send me a late bill 2 weeks after I sent in payment USPS with delivery confirmation. So frustrating.

#9 8 years ago

I understand Steve is taking a tough line with anyone who has had overdue accounts. Lockout days to the website is based on a graduated scales relative number of days accounts were outstanding.

#10 8 years ago

I order over the phone 100%. I think one time I emailed asking if they carried a lockdown bar for a 70's game 2 years ago. I don't think they would be able to link my phone call orders and invoices to my internet IP address.

#11 8 years ago

Try going to -
    http://www.pbresource.com/special.html
    and see if you get the same message. That message is a server error, not a 'block' or 'ban'.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Try going to -
    http://www.pbresource.com/special.html
    and see if you get the same message. That message is a server error, not a 'block' or 'ban'.

This is what I get.....

_PBR2.JPG_PBR2.JPG
    #13 8 years ago

Check proxy settings or VPN settings/connection then? (Try on a mobile device not connected to LAN/WAN - i.e. Through mobile connection, see what you get.)

I mean, depending on how deep into this you wanna get, we could do a trace / ping etc, but it may not be worth it if you order over the phone all the time anyways..

#14 8 years ago

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8892197/how-to-resolve-the-requested-url-is-rejected-error

Your http is being blocked by a firewall from F5 Networks called Application Security Manager (ASM). It produces messages like:

Please consult with your administrator.
    Your support ID is: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    So your application is passing some data that for some reason ASM detects as a threat. Give the support id to you network engineer to learn the specific reason.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Check proxy settings or VPN settings/connection then? (Try on a mobile device not connected to LAN/WAN - i.e. Through mobile connection, see what you get.)

I am able to get on the site from my cell phone. (without the wi-fi.)

Quoted from Coyote:

I mean, depending on how deep into this you wanna get, we could do a trace / ping etc, but it may not be worth it if you order over the phone all the time anyways..

Anything is worth it because I order from this place at least once a month and I enjoy looking through the parts and getting the part numbers I need for Steve.

I am perusing the page you linked. Thank you. It may all be French to me since my weakest thing with computers is networking.

#16 8 years ago

I pinged PBR. Now what.

_pingPBR.JPG_pingPBR.JPG
    #17 8 years ago

He has been DNS hijacked...

C:\Users\Admin>ping www.pbresource.com

Pinging pbresource.com [64.29.145.73] with 32 bytes of data

#18 8 years ago

The PBR website is working fine for me.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

The PBR website is working fine for me.

Works fine for me too.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It may all be French to me...

I am here to help!

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

... since my weakest thing with computers is networking.

alas!

(but I can access the web page).

#21 8 years ago

I am reformatting my main computer that has been compromised and then pinhead52 will help me with the DNS router problems.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for the helpful posts.

#23 8 years ago

I picture Rat running a vintage Univac....

univac1_census.jpgunivac1_census.jpg

univac_1_inside_med.gifunivac_1_inside_med.gif

http://www.thocp.net/hardware/univac.htm

#24 8 years ago

It doesn't have to be a DNS hijack. It could be a proxy server. Are you viewing from work or home? Who is your internet service provider?

#25 8 years ago

Its a hijack, well known virus

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I picture Rat running a vintage Univac....
    univac1_census.jpg
    univac_1_inside_med.gif
    http://www.thocp.net/hardware/univac.htm

Close, but I have to let you go. Call waiting is coming through and about to bump me offl........

_computer.jpg_computer.jpg
    #27 8 years ago

dasvis...Do you like your original patina on your computer or do you plan to restore it to it's former glory?

_wopr.jpg_wopr.jpg
    #28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

It doesn't have to be a DNS hijack. It could be a proxy server. Are you viewing from work or home? Who is your internet service provider?

Okay I just changed both of my DNS from .12 to .14 on the end and it didn't help anything. I am all ears on this proxy thing.

Alll of my computers 4 of them both Mac and PC along with my wife's ipad have been blocked with the same error from getting onto PBR's website. I can get on everywhere else.

I am using Verizon Fios. So far I have done the following...
    reformatted my main computer (It really needed it and just to be safe incase the malware was on my computer. Didn't want to fix the problem just for it to happen again.)
    I have restarted,reset,upgraded firmware on my router and changed the DNS.

#29 8 years ago

Download TOR and see if you are still blocked.

#31 8 years ago

delete your cookies and you should be fine!

#32 8 years ago

boilerman I reformated my whole entire computer. So now it has a FRESH install. not one of my computers can get in the web site.

I tried out Tor and I still have the same problem.

#33 8 years ago

if you reformatted the pc, it isn't a dns changer virus nor is it a Trojan. have you reset the router?

#34 8 years ago

If it works on your phone without wifi but does not when connected to wifi, the issue is downstream from whatever device your using. I doubt your phone has a virus.

Connect your PC directly to the incoming internet connection (without a router) and see if anything changes.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

if you reformatted the pc, it isn't a dns changer virus nor is it a Trojan. have you reset the router?

Yes the router has been reset, once,twice,three,four times.

Quoted from asay:

If it works on your phone without wifi but does not when connected to wifi, the issue is downstream from whatever device your using. I doubt your phone has a virus.
    Connect your PC directly to the incoming internet connection (without a router) and see if anything changes.

I tried hooking up my internet without a router on two different computers and the internet will not come up on a browser by doing this. I plug it back into the router and I have full internet except for PBR's page.

#36 8 years ago

Guys...I am computer savvy. I need more advanced help.

I have already formatted one of my computers (no help)
    I have already reset and wiped the router to default settings (4 or more times) (no help)
    I have changed the DNS endings in the router itself from .12 to .14 (no help)
    I wasted an hour of my time on Verizon's internet customer support (no help)
    I asked them to switch out my router since I have a few old ones that would still work with my internet and fits TV. (They said they were opening up a ticket and having another department look at it and that it would take 24-48 hours for an answer)

#37 8 years ago

In cmd prompt I have already done the following...
    ping
    tracert
    ip/release

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Home network with two wired in computers. Two wireless laptops. One iPad, one android pad, and one smart TV.
    I am using Verizon Fios Internet.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I tried hooking up my internet without a router on two different computers and the internet will not come up on a browser by doing this.

That makes no sense.

Obviously this step is intended to rule out the router as a contributor to the problem, but you should have connectivity without the router in the string.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Call waiting is coming through and about to bump me offl........

I hate when that happens.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

That makes no sense.
    Obviously this step is intended to rule out the router as a contributor to the problem, but you should have connectivity without the router in the string.

Yes Mike...I agree. It is odd. I tried for 20 minutes now without the router. In the past I was able to do this. I have been using Verizon Fios since 2006. It maybe time to find a different company with at least 50/50 internet

#42 8 years ago

Just ask Steve at PBR if he sent you a virus. I'm sure he would just "Love" to talk to you about it.

Ken

#43 8 years ago

Sounds to me like you were spending too much money on pinball and your wife blocked the site on the router.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

dasvis...Do you like your original patina on your computer or do you plan to restore it to it's former glory?

_wopr.jpg

For bonus points-
    Who remembers the cold war era movie the 'WOPR' computer starred in?

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

For bonus points-

Obviously I cannot answer this because I am the one that posted it. I do know the answer obviously.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

Shall we play a game?

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from WonkoTSane:

Shall we play a game?

How about a nice game of chess?

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

How about a nice game of chess?

Greeting Professor Falken.

LTG : )™

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Obviously I cannot answer this because I am the one that posted it. I do know the answer obviously.

Ok, so what does WOPR stand for?

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

_wopr.jpg

I usually leave the cabinet with original wear....

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-resource-web-site-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.