Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nvu4prod
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture (resized).png
    upgraded (resized).png
    Stern Tombstone 2 types (resized).png
    IMG_20170923_162059520 (resized).jpg
    Stern Tombstone & Bally Comparison (resized).png
    backs (resized).png
    1532184323920561422884 (resized).jpg
    MontyPython (resized).jpg
    image-29 (resized).jpg
    meteordt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

I think part of the reason I have never had a problem with Steve is my first order included a manual. That's the way he wants things done! And it probably amuses him talking to a laid back west coaster now and then.

#30 5 years ago

Only thing is I wish they would get the classic Stern drop targets right. They are far from it....

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do these replacement drop targets - despite not looking original - function correctly when installed in the different era game?

No. They brick.

In fact the guy I just sold one of my Stars to insisted I put the originals back in after a couple games with the new ones. That was a late in the evening project.

They are also a different height. There are some older threads on RGP discussing this.

#57 5 years ago

I haven't tried these yet, but they are blanks so a decal must be applied.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/J8REG7JSC/stern-tombstone-drop-target-13a-11-rib-guide

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

No, they stick up too far.

I like your style on this one compared to the oh well, it is what it is attitude of some of the others on here.

Those things are a waste of time and money and you know damn well if it was Gottlieb, they sure as hell wouldn't be selling these as replacements.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

o-din I think you should call Steve tomorrow and tell him what he’s doing wrong. Until someone gets in his face about it he isn’t going to care enough to do anything about it

He was informed in the past. And old RGP threads already went over this years ago. Nothing I do or say will probably change anything. Again, if it was a Gottlieb part, I'm sure more effort would be put into it to make it right.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/OLeU93VoqHU

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/uFD-9qAJVjk

1 week later
    #76 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

A pinhead in Aus asked me to replicate the classic stern tombstone drop targets. There are a lot of similarities between the Stern and Bally hooded targets but a few slight differences, enough to not fit the same.

Thanks for making these available and I will give them a try the next time I need some.

Now, if you could just stamp some green and red stars on them, I'd be real happy.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

but unfortunately not the ability to hot stamp

I know where I can get some Stars decals so no worries.

I'd still rather go that route than try to fiddle fart around with these drop targets that aren't even shaped like the originals, let alone play like them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-resource-1?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.