Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lynchmob.jpg
    image-413.jpg
    thread-derailed.jpg
    spiral-design-animation.gif
    yelling.jpg
    grapesofwrathfondasteinbeck.jpg
    image-51.jpg
    1237102_10201985505987352_486957828_n.jpg
    image-231.jpg
    269523-i.jpg
    new.jpg
    dasbus4.png
    image-610.jpg
    crazy-2.jpg
    crazy-1.jpg
    pps-1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#245 9 years ago

We know virtually nothing about the situation. Pinball Rescue has done good things for a lot of people for a long time. They couldn't reach a deal with PPS and that sucks, but they aren't doing anything that can't be replicated or picked up by any other vendor. Laserific seems to have no issues working with PPS along with various other companies on Pinside that are making official products now.

IPB (as we knew it) is gone, and it appears it's going to take some time to find new suppliers willing to play the PPS game, which again can't be that bad as many vendors are already. I just can't wrap my head around some of these posts that are making wild and crazy assumptions so convinced they know exactly what's going on.

There will be less pinball parts out there for a while, but everyone seems to think that's PPS's fault, and it's not. It's because IPB doesn't exist and the transition is going to take time. If Pinball Rescue isn't the vendor to make those stickers and those plastics, then it'll be someone else. But not overnight.

I guess I'm saving my anger, and outrage, and boycott for the day PPS actually does something wrong or shitty. They paid the money, they have their way of doing things, adapt or move aside. In a few months, if at least some of this stuff isn't available again, lets break out the pitchforks. If there is demand there is money to be made, and if there is money to be made, the products will be there.

#247 9 years ago

Are these details speculation or fact? Because in this thread I see very few facts and a bunch of conclusions being made.

Quoted from Whysnow:

jalpert >> you are not paying close enough attention to the situation and are missing many of the details that are alredy in the open.

#252 9 years ago

If there is money to be made, someone will make them. Apparently it won't be Pinball Rescue but someone will. This is a bit of a transitional period. Let's not assume PPS doesn't want people to have these sorts of things until they prove it by not making them available in an amount of time that's fair for them to get all this stuff up and going.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Nobody else is making those apron decals, I can assure you of that. Because they're a very niche product.

#253 9 years ago

I'm going to assume PPS doesn't expect them to make licensed products for a loss. If my assumtion is correct and it's not about the money like you state, there would be an agreement in place right now between PR and PPS.

Quoted from Aurich:

I think the issue is, who the hell else would even want to pick up that slack? Pinball Rescue is awesome, and caters to a really niche audiences with Williams and Bally EM parts. It's not exactly a booming corner of the reproduction business though. It's about passion for the sector, not money.

#256 9 years ago

I think this is an opportunity for smaller companies like Mezelmods to step up and start picking up the slack. There are a ton of very small mod dealers on Pinside, I think the transition into some licensed stuff would be easy and economical for them in at least some cases, like stickers.

Quoted from btw75:

I normally agree, but not necessarily in the case of "hobby" scale businesses.

#262 9 years ago

Okay, there is no money to be made. What is PPS supposed to do? Let them make products for free? We all know what kind of issues that would lead to, a recent bankruptcy comes to mind.

Quoted from vid1900:

There is NO money to be made, and that is why we all lose on this.

Pinball Rescue is a hobby and I would be amazed if they cleared $1000 at the end of the year once all their time/materials/overhead is paid for. We don't know anything yet we make statements like how unprofitable this is. If you know something we don't, please be sure and let us know.

We'll never know. And they were unwilling to tell PPS. We can throw statements like this around all day, it may be true, it may not. Nobody knows what they made except them. That's my point.

Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Rescue is a hobby and I would be amazed if they cleared $1000 at the end of the year once all their time/materials/overhead is paid for.

#264 9 years ago

And this is the key. Rick has stated they have asked PR for their books. Everyone here is so convinced PR hasn't made any money, and maybe they haven't. But maybe they have, maybe they make more than everyone here thinks.

But they wouldn't show that to PPS. PPS asked them if they made any money and they decided to keep it a secret. Why? If they weren't making any money, why not just show that to PPS and the deal could be based on financial realities.

If PR comes in here and says they proved they didn't make any money and PPS shut them down because they need a cut, I'll happily grab a pitch fork with the rest of you. That would just be spite.

It appears that PPS believes there is money being made, PR says there isn't apparently, this could be settled.

But we know nothing, and I refuse to jump to one of several illogical conclusions contained in this thread.

Quoted from frolic:

Just make a new deal, work out whatever. Or they can dig in and demand to audit books for past business and have what they have now which is nothing.

Quoted from PPS:

All .. this is what I'll say on the topic:

- We communicated to Pinball Rescue that IPB no longer had WMS license, so PPS wanted to discuss with them.
    - PPS asked for what had been supplied to IPB and some accounting for that - as the previous agreement was with IPB and we have not found any written agreement of that.
    - Pinball Rescue indicated what the agreement was but would not provide any of what was supplied against that agreement.
    - Pinball Rescue declined to provide any of what we were asking for indicating it was 'private'
    - Pinball Rescue demanded what our terms were before they would provide us with any accounting - but for us we wanted the accounting to see what scope of what they were doing to figure out our terms.
    - We did not state that Pinball Rescue was not going to be allowed to make parts in the future, but until there was an agreement with a licensee they would be on hold.
    - Pinball Rescue then decided to post what they posted, and it appeared that they did not want to account to us (PPS/IPB) for things so things stayed on hold

Basically, if someone has an agreement and then is unwilling to furnish anything to show what they had done or not done, then it's a bit of a red flag. Also, their posts seem to indicate that they are not interested in creating a dialog and so there we are ...

But again, always only snippets of information is available on pinside ...

rick

#267 9 years ago

If PR isn't making any money, then there is no licensing to collect? Making the assumption that PR isn't going to sell products for a loss.

From what I understand from Rick's post, PR made claims related to what they sell, how much, what their previous deal was etc. All Rick did was ask for the supporting documentation and was denied.

That doesn't sound right, but it's all we know. When you make a claim, and documentation exists that proves or supports what you claim but you refuse to show it, that's just shady.

That is Rick's version of the story. There may be more to it, or not, but it's all the first hand knowledge we have right now so I'm not sure why there is so much hate on PPS. If this is true, and this is what happened, and I'm not even saying it is, I wouldn't deal with them either.

Quoted from vid1900:

Who said anything about free?????

Stick to the 10% agreement and take your gigantic $150 a year check to the bank.

#269 9 years ago

Yes, that was the problem. They told them what the agreement was, they refused to prove it.

Quoted from vid1900:

They told PPS what the agreement was, that was not the problem.

Quoted from PPS:

- Pinball Rescue indicated what the agreement was but would not provide any of what was supplied against that agreement

#273 9 years ago

Only bought glass and parts from him at shows

Quoted from vid1900:

Did you ever do business with Gene?

You shook hands and rolled the dice.

The reason Rick can't find any accounting paperwork, is because there is no paperwork.

Gene got paid and put the money in his pocket.

More assumptions and doomsday scenarios. Again, could be true, but I don't know this and you don't know this.

Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Rescue is not stupid.

If they give PPS the numbers for the last few years, PPS will hold out it's hand and say they can't find record of the payment, and then take PR to court, bankrupting another business.

and before you cry that PR should have got better documentation from Gene, remember that is simply how things were done.

#274 9 years ago

Right, you dealt with Gene so you have inside knowledge about what's going on between PPS and PR? You don't know and neither do I, but at least I'm not pretending like I do.

Quoted from vid1900:

You should honestly quit commenting on things you have never dealt with.

#280 9 years ago

Thanks for explaining an alternate position without any personal attacks, getting rare on here

I think you are 100% right. I think the solution is there and it is simple. But we shouldn't assume it's all PPS and none if this was caused by PR themselves. Just posting this on Pinside proves to me anyway that they are not the most professional people to deal with. Maybe if both these guys can take a step back and figure it out, they can figure it out.

I do know this thread didn't help.

Quoted from Aurich:

But where we're mad is that over a petty some of cash he's shutting down a resource that's not likely to be replaced. Get your money Rick, get paid, you earned it, no one should question that. But how complicated does it need to be to just set up a new agreement, take your little cut, and let business continue?

#282 9 years ago

Alright, what do you know and who told you? I don't know what I'm talking about, that's 100% fine with me. You are in the know, prove me wrong. Who told you there is no paperwork in existance to show PPS, making their request impossible and being unfairly shut down? Did you hear that right from PR? Why not just say so?

Quoted from vid1900:

People in the know, think alike.

#289 9 years ago

I'm not going to do anything with it. But you can see how actual facts make a difference as apposed to just assumptions?

PPS thinks they have documents, PR says they don't. That's where these guys are at.

Quoted from vid1900:

Adam Wilson told me directly (I just cleared posting his name in this thread).

What are you possibly going to do with that information ?

#291 9 years ago

Very few people on this thread do...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-must-read?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.