(Topic ID: 291023)

Pinball Rescue Closing Down

By Pinball-Rescue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210609_075848 (resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

G'day Everyone

As the above topic reads Gordon and I have made the very difficult decision to call it a day on Pinball Rescue.

This years marks Twenty Years of Pinball Rescue and the past twelve months was difficult along with most everyone else in business I am sure.

Pinball Rescue has always been a after hours hobby business as we both have our own days jobs and raising families. Gordon is soon to retire and with that our facilities and machinery will no longer be available for production.

Production has ceased two months ago so our remaining stock is all that we will have available now. We suggest if there is anything you may need to visit our website now as the last order will be processed on June 7 and our website and email will cease on June 11.

Gordon and I would sincerely like to Thank everyone for your support and business over the past twenty years and wish everyone a happy future.

Lee

#2 2 years ago

Thank you for everything you did for the hobby. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

#3 2 years ago

That's sad to hear.Your plastics and will be missed.best to both of you.

#4 2 years ago

Lee wish I would have stop by to say hi when my daughter was living on Circle on Cavill!

#5 2 years ago

Most unfortunate Lee, you guys will be missed!

My Grand Tour restoration could not have been completed without your help.

#6 2 years ago

Yeah you all saved so many games - you should be very proud of your body of work. Thank you so much for all that you did for the hobby!! Best wishes!

#7 2 years ago

Wow. So sorry to hear, I've gotten several sets from ya'll. Scanning the site now to see what I could use. Good luck with everything, and be sure to at least stay in touch!

#8 2 years ago

This is some sad news. How ever I wish you two well, going forward. Thanks for creating restoration parts for our machines.

#9 2 years ago

Thank you for your products and wish both of you nothing but the best. Really enjoyed talking to you on the phone years ago. Take care and be well.

#10 2 years ago

Klondike/Yukon/Gold Rush/ Full House Owners, they are the only manufacturer of the slot reel plastic. Glad I got one.
    Hate see you go, imagine all the Bally/Williams parts that could have been available had things been different.

#11 2 years ago

Cheers Lee & Gordon. Very glad I got that big group order together a couple months ago! Thanks again for accommodating it.

Kicking myself for not adding a couple other pieces I decided I wanted later!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

Cheers Lee & Gordon. Very glad I got that big group order together a couple months ago! Thanks again for accommodating it.
    Kicking myself for not adding a couple other pieces I decided I wanted later!

Ditto this. Thanks for all you've done.

#13 2 years ago

Thanks so much Lee and Gordon!

#14 2 years ago

I am sorry to hear this, but hope you can relax and enjoy retirement. Thank you for all you have done!

Chris

#15 2 years ago

Their new plastics made my old '53 Poker Face look a lot better, mine were burnt, fried, cracked, broken, warped, you name it.

#16 2 years ago

Thanks for all you have done to keep our pins looking great! Wishing you a happy and relaxing retirement.

#17 2 years ago

You will definitely be missed. Happy Retirement.

#18 2 years ago

Sorry to read this Lee.
    You guys really set the standard for all the parts and decals you made plus were a pleasure to deal with. Many of my own projects would have been so much harder without your efforts.
    You will be sorely missed.
    Thanks so much for what you have done and if you get bored please come back!

Christopher Hutchins

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Klondike/Yukon/Gold Rush/ Full House Owners, they are the only manufacturer of the slot reel plastic. Glad I got one.
    Hate see you go, imagine all the Bally/Williams parts that could have been available had things been different.

I bought one of each,

You and your business will be greatly missed
    Thanks for everything

#20 2 years ago

Thanks for the great products and service.
    Good luck with everything you do!

#21 2 years ago

Best wishes to Gordon in retirement and Lee for his future endeavours outside of pinball. You have been a great resource of quality parts for many years.

#22 2 years ago

Thank you for making my Abra Ca Dabra look new! I’m sure there of hundreds of games that are much nicer now because of ya’ll.

#23 2 years ago

Thank you for all of your efforts - you've beautified many games.

#24 2 years ago

Should be a few Aussie Members chompin at the bit to buy you out and keep the machines running.

1 week later
    #25 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Thank you so much for your contributions to our great hobby. Good health, and best of luck to you both. Stay in touch here on Pinside.

#26 2 years ago

My very last order from them should be arriving today or tomorrow. Can't wait, but also.. meh. :/

#27 2 years ago

Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for all you’ve done for the hobby. I bought several sets of plastics and decals from these guys over the last five years or so and it’s always been great service and great products. Cheers guys!

#28 2 years ago

VERY sad to hear this!!!!! Ive ordered lots of products over the years and nothing but high quality has come out of them. I missed getting a set of Target Pool plastics. If anyone has that last set, let me know. I have a game in need of a restore and plastics is a must.

#29 2 years ago

I was hoping someone would take over and keep the service.

#30 2 years ago

This is terrible news for people who own Gottlieb EM pinballs. The plastics were very good quality and pretty much unobtainable anywhere else. Thanks for making these parts all these years.

#31 2 years ago

I have an extra #2001 plastics set. Message me if interested.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

This is terrible news for people who own Gottlieb EM pinballs. The plastics were very good quality and pretty much unobtainable anywhere else. Thanks for making these parts all these years.

It's unfortunate, but hopefully someone will step up and fill the void. I don't know what kind of arrangement, if any, Pinball Rescue had with Shay Arcade Group, but he produces plastic sets as well, and hopefully he will pick up the slack. Lee and Gordon are awesome guys, and were above and beyond when it came to customer service, and produced very high quality products. I wish both of them well, and wish to thank them for what they have done for the pinball hobby.
    Gonna miss you guys. Please stay in touch here on Pinside.

#33 2 years ago

Top notch outfit and products. Congrats on the next journey but the hobby will be less without yous.

2 weeks later
    #34 2 years ago

Good luck to Lee & Gordon in their future endeavours. Time for Gordon to relax and enjoy retirement. Spoke with Lee yesterday and he has been busy organising the wind down & closure of their business. If you're intending to place an order to restore a game or future projects, get your order in now. Once the doors close, their inventory of parts will no longer be available. ORDER NOW or you may regret it later. I've placed mine and I'm looking forward to the parcel arriving for the very last time.

3 weeks later
    #35 2 years ago

I just inspected my order that arrived. Just bumping this thread up since there's only a few days left before the doors close on Monday June 7.

#36 2 years ago

I just placed a "final order" last night. Fingers crossed it isn't too inconvenient to fulfill! Haven't heard back yet and waiting on pins n' needles!

1 week later
    #37 2 years ago

Placed my very first but unfortunately last order with Lee and Gordon a few days ago .

All the best guys and thank you !!

#38 2 years ago

sad day.

did australia proud with their highest quality products and service.

20210609_075848 (resized).jpg20210609_075848 (resized).jpg
    #40 2 years ago

Big loss to the hobby.
    It was a blow when they could no longer offer their Bally Williams products but to lose them entirely is really and truly such a shame.
    Big thanks for the many years of service and the often obscure parts they so faithfully made.

#41 2 years ago

Thanks again to Lee and Gordon for the superb service they have provided to our great hobby over the years.
    We will surely miss you! The very best to both of you!

#42 2 years ago

good guys...sad day

#43 2 years ago

My last package arrived this evening. It had a tour of the USA, Sydney to Cincinnati, Cincinnati to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Miami, Miami to Cincinnati, then to Edmonton.

Here is to hoping that someone will continue with what Lee and Gordon had accomplished. Which leaves me to think that the license for Gottlieb products has caused this situation with Lee and Gordon. Surely they are not driving around in new Mercedes Benz autos.

3 weeks later
    #44 2 years ago

I saw a post on FB yesterday that seemed to indicate that Shaw Arcade was picking up where Pinball rescue had left off and will make all plastics available. If I can find the post again I`ll repost it here. sounds like great news

Found it...

Shay Assad
    The Shay Arcade Group now has Hi Diver plastics. We are on our way to ensure that all of the plastics formally produced by Pinball Rescue are now available from the Shay Arcade Group. Just PM me if you would like to buy a set

#45 2 years ago

That is great, one family owned business to another trying to keep the parts available, I've bought from Pinball Rescue and Shay and they're both great, glad to hear this!

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I saw a post on FB yesterday that seemed to indicate that Shaw Arcade was picking up where Pinball rescue had left off and will make all plastics available. If I can find the post again I`ll repost it here. sounds like great news
    Found it...
    Shay Assad
    The Shay Arcade Group now has Hi Diver plastics. We are on our way to ensure that all of the plastics formally produced by Pinball Rescue are now available from the Shay Arcade Group. Just PM me if you would like to buy a set

Thats great news! Im going to need a set of Target Pool plastics soon!

#47 2 years ago

I sincerely hope Shay or someone else does pickup where Pinball Rescue left off.

Past efforts have been hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, Pinball Rescue's products were 2nd to none.

Some may not know or have forgotten, but this very same statement was made by Shay many years ago when PR had a hiatus for a couple of years and the Shay Arcade Group never lived up to that statement for reasons unknown to me, with only a few plastic sets released. Hopefully there is a different result this time around.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

I sincerely hope Shay or someone else does pickup where Pinball Rescue left off.
    Past efforts have been hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, Pinball Rescue's products were 2nd to none.
    Some may not know or have forgotten, but this very same statement was made by Shay many years ago when PR had a hiatus for a couple of years and the Shay Arcade Group never lived up to that statement for reasons unknown to me, with only a few plastic sets released. Hopefully there is a different result this time around.

Not just plastics but the apron decals were extremely needed when doing higher end restorations. Glad I got my Stern Meteor apron decal when I did.

#49 2 years ago

Well.....shit!

I guess I should've fronted the money for 20 sets of Crescendo plastics a few years ago. They were willing to do them, but only in bulk, and I didn't have the money really. Now I'll probably never see new Crescendo plastics.

#50 2 years ago

Shay hardly ever updates their website.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-closing-down?hl=carlo45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.