(Topic ID: 260503)

Pinball repair training dvd's etc

By Bally_Useless

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

can anyone recommend pinball how too repair videos or books, there are two dvd's i've seen on ebay that offer complete repair and instruction just wondered if anyone has tried them?

thanks

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bally_Useless:

can anyone recommend pinball how too repair videos or books, there are two dvd's i've seen on ebay that offer complete repair and instruction just wondered if anyone has tried them?
    thanks

Clay Harrell is the master, and his repair videos, though dated, are exemplary.
    You can purchase DVD's from his website on every era of pinball.

www.pinrepair.com

#3 4 years ago

Clay's are good repair videos but don't specifically address bingos. Richard Gerlitz sells a set for around 40 bucks, IMHO worth the money. I think Alan Marriage does the other one, but I've not seen it.

#4 4 years ago

I agree with "okorange", the Richard Gerlitz video is excellent
    I have even emailed him with a a question I had.
    Since he has a Lido machine and I have a Bikini machine I thought
    he may answer my email. He did, right away!!!
    Can't go wrong with him
    Terry K

#5 4 years ago

I've recently seen the Alan Marriage ones, they provide a nice overview, and his overdubs (if he says something incorrectly during the initial recording) are entertaining. I've not seen the Gerlitz, but I understand his have more direct application stuff (how to disassemble units and so forth).

#6 4 years ago

Also there used to be a pair of videos called “Life After Death” you could buy from popbumper.com. The first one dealt with the repair and restoration of a Stern Meteor, and the other was a playfield swap of a Bride of Pinbot. Really great videos, but I can’t find them online anymore. Not sure if they’re still available.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks for the response, I've seen the Richard Gerlitz one on ebay, just hoping that it would be the right one i'll order it now thanks again .

Cheers

#8 4 years ago

Youtube has some.

Search by what you are looking for.

Jersey Jack Pinball has some that are useful for other game too. My channel has stuff for the Remakes. And flipper spacer gauge is useful for other games.

LTG : )

1 week later
    #9 4 years ago

Bought the DVD by Richard Gerlitz as suggested, wow very full and good tips thanks for the advise, looked on the youtube too that was interesting not to much on bingo's though.

Cheers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-repair-training-dvd-s-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.