Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211113_172431 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 3 years ago

If I were to rent machines here is how I would do it. I would purchase two to three brand new Sterns(probably Star Wars Premium, Jurassic Park, and a Spiderman Vault or something?) Then I would charge $250/mo. with a two month minimum.
    Once the games reached several thousands of plays-(3000-6000) I would sell them on second hand market and go buy some more new ones. I think maintenance would be minimal with limited number of service calls. Only thing unclear is how to handle disputes. What do you do when the children decide to play tic tac toe scratched into the side of the cabinet? What happens when someone decides to move or try and keep the machine. Small claims court seems like a nightmare. Would almost have to charge out the machine in full before rental-but then what is the point of the rental? Lots of questions

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The guy in our area has a waiting list at $350-$400

Wow who knew? To me $350-$400 would be too high, $250 seems reasonable and still profitable?

Big question is how do you cover your ass? What do distributors/operators do besides a contract? What kind of deposit? How do you secure your interest and how do you put a valuation on certain damages, etc. So many scammers nowadays-you basically would have to deal with only people you trust? Or charge up front in full and refund after rental?

1 month later
    #36 3 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I have insurance on the machines, as well as general liability.

What kind of contract? How do you protect for damage/disputes? What clause can cover varying cost/damages?

Is there a demand-how much? I would buy some Pros to rent out if some local people were interested in renting out and I knew how to cover liabilities, etc.?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rentals?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.